THE NEW SINGLE IS..........

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
glennjridge

#151 Post by glennjridge »

bookshopboy wrote:Surely no-one here has actually heard the version of NTFT that is possibly going to be a single. Everyone is basing their opinions on the live track and assuming it is exaclty the same. Let's just wait for an official announcement..... :roll:
yeah I was wondering about that.there seems to be no second verse and it has a long instrumental section with no singing in it and I wonder if they would keep it that way for the single.

I thought the song was edited for the show so some stuff could be happening on the screen without there being singing all the way thru like background music for a movie in a key scene.I am assuming though neil was singing along with a pre recorded vocal of himself.I think it will be close to the live version as far as arrangement and they will probably keep the string section close to how it was in the show.

Undertaker

#152 Post by Undertaker »

Zog wrote:
Hey Dave... do you have any new info about the single not recorded yet and/or being slightly different?
-Zog
Alright Zog. No real info. I'm just going on hearsay. Somebody told me this info who works for a music mag. What i posted makes it sound like i know for definate but i dont. Take it with a pinch of salt.

Dave

Ronald42

#153 Post by Ronald42 »

If no one has heard it yet and their "It's a crappie track" opinions are based on the live versions their comments suprise me even more.
Remember the first version of In denail we heard that little snippet? The final version was way different (For the worst in this case) so let's just wait with judging after you heard it.
THE FUTURE THAT YOU ANTICIPATED HAS BEEN CANCELLED

Lleonard Pler

#154 Post by Lleonard Pler »

Maybe there will be at least two versions of this song: "Single Version" and "Soundtrack Version".

Technotrancemix

#155 Post by Technotrancemix »

Ronald42 wrote:But come on 17 copies ?????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It seems you have a problem with those who have more copies of Release than you do. I don't own any of the US 2CD sets yet I own 20 different Release releases. People are free to purchase and (disgracefully) steal whatever they want these days.

Zeus On The Loose

#156 Post by Zeus On The Loose »

They're also free to print bootleg copies of rarties and sell them on ebay or Esprit in bulk.
Does cameos only.

jamie1978

#157 Post by jamie1978 »

Ronald42 wrote:My point is that even before the single is released people have an opinion about it that is so extreme negative. I just don't understand. Talking about boycots and stuff is just to silly for words. I'm sure the same bunch of guys will scream about what a great single it is if it would make no. 1. Which BTW I don't think it will.

And about insulting people sorry to those who feel insulted I'm just (trying to) friendly kid around a bit. If you knew me you would know. I understand of course I should perhaps choose my words more carefully.
But come on 17 copies ?????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well, the reason I am 'negative' is precisely because I have heard it, and its complete shite. Its embarrasing.

The Pet Shop Boys have built their impressive career on excellent pop singles. This is not an excellent pop single, and its simply not possible to convincingly claim otherwise.

The Potemkin soundtrack is superb, but this release would do nothing to showcase just how good it is - quite the opposite.

As for chart position - I would cut off my own testicles with rusty cutlery if this single even made the top 20. Utter shite.

davenjulieuk

#158 Post by davenjulieuk »

i am sharpening the knife as i type :)
Miracles happen when you're around...

Niall

#159 Post by Niall »

It may be a spoon or a fork, he didn't specify.
Evertonians are born not manufactured.
We do not choose; we are chosen.
Those who understand need no explanation.
Those that don't understand don't matter.

Avalon

#160 Post by Avalon »

And as far as I understood, it oughtn't be sharpened at all. That would make things just a tad too convenient

Ronald42

#161 Post by Ronald42 »

jamie1978 wrote:Well, the reason I am 'negative' is precisely because I have heard it, and its complete shite. Its embarrasing.
As I understood the single version/mix isn't even finished yet so you probely judging on the live recording don't think that's fair.
I think Before is a crappie shittie and embarrasing track but lot's of you don't agree. I think it's fair to state this opinion because I heard the track in full. But that's not something you can say.

DAMN I'm on a crusade. :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D

Zeus On The Loose

#162 Post by Zeus On The Loose »

Difference is, Before got to #7 no matter what people think and it's a chart position that PSB have still to better 8 years on.

Let's see how No time for tears will chart.
Does cameos only.

Blockhead

#163 Post by Blockhead »

Zeus On The Loose wrote:Difference is, Before got to #7 no matter what people think and it's a chart position that PSB have still to better 8 years on.

Let's see how No time for tears will chart.
Chart Positions were based on sales figures for that particular week.

A single could, potentially, sell 1 million copies in its life time and NEVER make the top 10, yet another could sell just 10000 in its first week and hit #1.

Ronald42

#164 Post by Ronald42 »

Now you're making sence (Even if I think you being sarcastic) let's wait and see and let's judge afterwards.

If I would have heard Before before it's release I would have adviced against it but history prooves I would have been wrong.

BTW I own 4 copies of B4. Isn't it Ironic? But to my defence there are different versions on all 4.

joncool5

#165 Post by joncool5 »

Nothing wrong with No Time For Tears, any serious music fan would see it as a decent song...
"In the North-west it rains and it rains. And yet we managed to produce the industrial revolution, trade union movement, the Communist Manifesto and even the goddam computer. Down south, where the sun never sets, you took all our money and what did you produce? Chas and f**king Dave." TONY WILSON