THE NEW SINGLE IS..........

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Message
Author
User avatar
Janet Street-Porter
Posts: 2529
Joined: Wed 14 Jan 2004, 1:32 am
Contact:

#121 Post by Janet Street-Porter »

Ronald42 wrote:Nothing they do is ever good with some "fans". If they release nothing they whine about the lack of new material. Now they will release a new single they cry because it's not good enough or it's not the right one. Be glad they didn't decide to stop after PopArt, which I thought would happen. Just support them and buy the new single, give them a reason to release new material from time to time. But NO some "fans" say I'm gonna boycot them because I (and who the F#$*K are you) think it's not a good single. I'm getting sick and tired of you guys crying about this things and mind you the single isn't even released yet. It can be one hell of a good track if it isn't and it flops than speak for now SHUT UP!!!
It's precisely because we are fans that many of us consider a single from Potemkin to be otiose. The soundtrack will not appeal to the general public. Potemkin is not Saturday Night Fever and Neil is certainly not John Travolta (although they may share certain predilections :wink: )

If only there were a Canadian-based polling expert on hand to offer Neil, Chris and Parlophone some much needed statistical evidence to dissuade them from releasing a single.

User avatar
joncool5
Posts: 1308
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 1:15 am
Contact:

#122 Post by joncool5 »

I think a single is a good decision and don't think it will detract from the proper comeback the following spring. No Time For Tears is not classic PSB, but is a decent track.
"In the North-west it rains and it rains. And yet we managed to produce the industrial revolution, trade union movement, the Communist Manifesto and even the goddam computer. Down south, where the sun never sets, you took all our money and what did you produce? Chas and f**king Dave." TONY WILSON

User avatar
Zeus On The Loose
Posts: 3480
Joined: Wed 29 Oct 2003, 8:27 pm

#123 Post by Zeus On The Loose »

Ronald42 wrote: Nothing they do is ever good with some "fans".
And everything is always good with some 'fans' who don't have the personality and brains to be judgamental and support whatever shite PSB decide to release for no reason. Fortunately, not all of us are sheep.
If they release nothing they whine about the lack of new material. Now they will release a new single they cry because it's not good enough or it's not the right one. Be glad they didn't decide to stop after PopArt, which I thought would happen.
I have never whined about lack of new material. I have always said that I would very much prefer for PSB to retire than continue becoming a mockery of the band they once were. I want fabulous PSB material or no PSB material at all. *Any* PSB material just doesn't do it for me.

Just support them and buy the new single, give them a reason to release new material from time to time.
What? Support them and buy a single I totally *hate* so that they can continue releasing terrible singles?
But NO some "fans" say I'm gonna boycot them because I (and who the F#$*K are you) think it's not a good single.
Who I am? I've been a fan since 1985, own more than 2000 PSB items, have travelled the world to see them play live 12 times. I have every *right* not to like something the release and not buy it.
I'm getting sick and tired of you guys crying about this things and mind you the single isn't even released yet. It can be one hell of a good track if it isn't and it flops than speak for now SHUT UP!!!
I have f*cking HEARD the track and it's TERRIBLE. I have enough SHITE PSB shite CDs, I own 17 copies of Release, after all. My loyalty dried out and I won't 'SHUT UP'. I have every right not to like it, every right not to buy it and every right to say so.
Does cameos only.

User avatar
Flaffer
Posts: 3664
Joined: Wed 05 Nov 2003, 5:14 pm
Contact:

#124 Post by Flaffer »

Janet Street-Porter wrote:If only there were a Canadian-based polling expert on hand to offer Neil, Chris and Parlophone some much needed statistical evidence to dissuade them from releasing a single.
I know you mean but can't remember the name - oddAlenthusiast or something - if you are reading this please come forward we need you
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

User avatar
glennjridge
Posts: 8013
Joined: Sat 01 Nov 2003, 10:28 pm
Contact:

#125 Post by glennjridge »

I'm with ronald. if you arent a paid advisor to the PSB then shut up and relax.

your only decision as a fan is to decide IF you want to buy what they release. not decide WHAT or HOW the PSB can dare release something.

worry about your own careers.not the ones who actually made millions without your input.

User avatar
Ronald42
Posts: 2234
Joined: Sat 08 Feb 2003, 12:04 pm
Contact:

#126 Post by Ronald42 »

madhatter88 wrote:
Ronald42 wrote:
Zeus On The Loose wrote:Anyway, hooray! for the single not been confirmed. Maybe Parlo will ask Neil and Chris 'What do you hope to accomplish by this release?' and get them to snap out of this terrible idea.
Nothing they do is ever good with some "fans". If they release nothing they whine about the lack of new material. Now they will release a new single they cry because it's not good enough or it's not the right one. Be glad they didn't decide to stop after PopArt, which I thought would happen. Just support them and buy the new single, give them a reason to release new material from time to time. But NO some "fans" say I'm gonna boycot them because I (and who the F#$*K are you) think it's not a good single. I'm getting sick and tired of you guys crying about this things and mind you the single isn't even released yet. It can be one hell of a good track if it isn't and it flops than speak for now SHUT UP!!!
So from what you're saying, i should buy whatever PSB release regardless if i like it or not or whether or not it is any good . Bollocks, anyone is entitled to put forward their opinion and buy the single if they want to.

Just because i have been a PSB fan for a while it doesn't mean that i have to automatically buy whatever they release forever-if i like the song then i will buy it.
You're free to buy whatever you want, but some are saying these thing before they heard the single. All they know is a crappy live recording by which they judge the single is crap.
If I don't like the single or the B-sides perhaps I'm not buying it myself. Nahhh I'll get it :lol:
Last edited by Ronald42 on Tue 07 Jun 2005, 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE FUTURE THAT YOU ANTICIPATED HAS BEEN CANCELLED

User avatar
Zeus On The Loose
Posts: 3480
Joined: Wed 29 Oct 2003, 8:27 pm

#127 Post by Zeus On The Loose »

glennjridge wrote:I'm with ronald. if you arent a paid advisor to the PSB then shut up and relax.

your only decision as a fan is to decide IF you want to buy what they release. not decide WHAT or HOW the PSB can dare release something.

worry about your own careers.not the ones who actually made millions without your input.
Actually, they've made quite a bit of those millions with my input.
Does cameos only.

User avatar
Ronald42
Posts: 2234
Joined: Sat 08 Feb 2003, 12:04 pm
Contact:

#128 Post by Ronald42 »

Zeus On The Loose wrote:I own 17 copies of Release, after all. My loyalty dried out and I won't 'SHUT UP'. I have every right not to like it, every right not to buy it and every right to say so.
Now you said this I forgive you totaly. I supose you must live in a home for the mental disabeled people. I just hope you're not singing Home and dry every evening. Oh well you forgotten it by the time you wake up.

17 Copies.......................I had a hard time buying 1. I got it online and the US 2CD to make at least something.
THE FUTURE THAT YOU ANTICIPATED HAS BEEN CANCELLED

User avatar
glennjridge
Posts: 8013
Joined: Sat 01 Nov 2003, 10:28 pm
Contact:

#129 Post by glennjridge »

Zeus On The Loose wrote:
glennjridge wrote:I'm with ronald. if you arent a paid advisor to the PSB then shut up and relax.

your only decision as a fan is to decide IF you want to buy what they release. not decide WHAT or HOW the PSB can dare release something.

worry about your own careers.not the ones who actually made millions without your input.
Actually, they've made quite a bit of those millions with my input.

I knew that was coming from somebody.yes thats true.but thats after the fact. someone in the PSB camp decided to release West End girls or whatever single and the roll of the dice paid off as many of us became fans.

but way back when its quite possible West End girls would have been considered a bad idea to release.it is kinda odd.I also though "my heart will go on" by celine dion was the lamest thing I had ever heard.
Last edited by glennjridge on Tue 07 Jun 2005, 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Zeus On The Loose
Posts: 3480
Joined: Wed 29 Oct 2003, 8:27 pm

#130 Post by Zeus On The Loose »

Ronald42 wrote:
Zeus On The Loose wrote:I own 17 copies of Release, after all. My loyalty dried out and I won't 'SHUT UP'. I have every right not to like it, every right not to buy it and every right to say so.
Now you said this I forgive you tataly. I supose you must live in a home for the mental disabeled people. I just hope you're not singing Home and dry every evening. Oh well you forgotten it by the time you wake up.

17 Copies.......................I had a hard time buying 1. I got it online and the US 2CD to make at least something.
No, I just happen to be a PSB collector so I had to buy all different issues from around the world.

And judging by your recent outburst over someone on the internet not wanting to buy a CD they don't like, one of us clearly needs psychiatric attention and it's not me.
Does cameos only.

User avatar
Ronald42
Posts: 2234
Joined: Sat 08 Feb 2003, 12:04 pm
Contact:

#131 Post by Ronald42 »

Then it must be me but I heard that all of my life.
But I have a great job, a lovely wife, a beautiful kid (He looks like me) and I'm healthy (just a litlle overweight) so I must do something right.

My live is even compleet with just 1 copy of Release and guess what it's been played. :wink:

















Toet toet boing boing peppi en kokkie
THE FUTURE THAT YOU ANTICIPATED HAS BEEN CANCELLED

madhatter88
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed 29 Oct 2003, 7:15 pm
Contact:

#132 Post by madhatter88 »

Ronald- you really aren't making your point very well are you? Resulting to personal insults doesn't make your viewpoint any more convincing.

User avatar
Zeus On The Loose
Posts: 3480
Joined: Wed 29 Oct 2003, 8:27 pm

#133 Post by Zeus On The Loose »

Ronald42 wrote:Then it must be me but I heard that all of my life.
But I have a great job, a lovely wife, a beautiful kid (He looks like me) and I'm healthy (just a litlle overweight) so I must do something right.

My live is even compleet with just 1 copy of Release and guess what it's been played. :wink:
And people flamed me when I said obesity is the root of all evil. Pah.
Does cameos only.

User avatar
Ronald42
Posts: 2234
Joined: Sat 08 Feb 2003, 12:04 pm
Contact:

#134 Post by Ronald42 »

My point is that even before the single is released people have an opinion about it that is so extreme negative. I just don't understand. Talking about boycots and stuff is just to silly for words. I'm sure the same bunch of guys will scream about what a great single it is if it would make no. 1. Which BTW I don't think it will.


And about insulting people sorry to those who feel insulted I'm just (trying to) friendly kid around a bit. If you knew me you would know. I understand of course I should perhaps choose my words more carefully.
But come on 17 copies ?????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
THE FUTURE THAT YOU ANTICIPATED HAS BEEN CANCELLED

User avatar
Zeus On The Loose
Posts: 3480
Joined: Wed 29 Oct 2003, 8:27 pm

#135 Post by Zeus On The Loose »

Ronald42 wrote:My point is that even before the single is released people have an opinion about it that is so extreme negative. I just don't understand. Talking about boycots and stuff is just to silly for words. I'm sure the same bunch of guys will scream about what a great single it is if it would make no. 1. Which BTW I don't think it will.


And about insulting people sorry to those who feel insulted I'm just (trying to) friendly kid around a bit. If you knew me you would know. I understand of course I should perhaps choose my words more carefully.
But come on 17 copies ?????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Exactly what don't you understand about the fact that I've heard the single and I don't like it?

And what's your problem with my hobby of collecting PSB items?
Does cameos only.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 31 guests