Live 8

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
skyhigh

Live 8

#1 Post by skyhigh »

No mention of the boys being involved? Why not?
That's it, it's all over. We're out of here. What a Legacy! (c) Chris Lowe 2009

Blossom

#2 Post by Blossom »

Why don't you write to Bob Geldof and ask him why Neil and Chris aren't on the list to perform???

The only acts I'll be tuning into watch on the day is Scissor Sisters & Robbie Williams, as they are the only decent ones performing at Live 8, in my opinion.

What next? A "Busted" reunion??? :roll:

Dipso

#3 Post by Dipso »

It's not the Pets' kind of thing, surely. Doubt that they were asked in the first place though!
Prick up your ears.

Zeus On The Loose

#4 Post by Zeus On The Loose »

It is their kind of thing these days but why would they be asked, they are down the dumper.
Does cameos only.

Dipso

#5 Post by Dipso »

Of course, all the acts participating in Live 8 are doing it for purely altruistic reasons. Oh yes siree. Ahem.

Damon Albarn's not happy:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainmen ... 079644.stm
Prick up your ears.

Nickname

#6 Post by Nickname »

For me, it's a pìty. PSB had to be there for their own good.

skyhigh

#7 Post by skyhigh »

Actually they are huge amongst their peers. They should be part of this and if they werent asked then they should be offering.

Undertaker

#8 Post by Undertaker »

Zeus On The Loose wrote:It is their kind of thing these days but why would they be asked, they are down the dumper.
I can see what you mean. Especially when the acts below sell millions. Everywhere will come to a standstill when trying to get a view of the world famous Mariah Carey and Sting.

Bob Geldof
Cure, The
Mariah Carey
Ms. Dynamite
Muse
Razorlight
Snoop Dogg
Sting
Velvet Revolver

Flaffer

#9 Post by Flaffer »

paninaro28 wrote:Actually they are huge amongst their peers. They should be part of this and if they werent asked then they should be offering.
surely going cap in hand is beneath them. I for one am glad they aren't a part of this smug self-congratulatory orgy. Makes up a bit for that bloody Princes Trust thing last year, although I presume that was more due to Trevor Horn
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

Flaffer

#10 Post by Flaffer »

nickname wrote:For me, it's a pìty. PSB had to be there for their own good.
isn't that against the point (at least theoretically)
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

Ray

#11 Post by Ray »

Aren't Razorlight the most overhyped band ever? They make last Oasis album sound good.
<a href="http://www.myspace.com/raygrantmusic">(I wonder why) My career's in danger?!</a>

psb-freak

#12 Post by psb-freak »

What´s the whole Live 8 thing ?
Interviewer:
-What would you tell someone about yourself if you wanted to impress them?

Chris:
-I´ve got a 12-inch plonker.

skyhigh

#13 Post by skyhigh »

Flaffer wrote:
paninaro28 wrote:Actually they are huge amongst their peers. They should be part of this and if they werent asked then they should be offering.
surely going cap in hand is beneath them. I for one am glad they aren't a part of this smug self-congratulatory orgy. Makes up a bit for that bloody Princes Trust thing last year, although I presume that was more due to Trevor Horn
i dont think this is a situation where u need to be thinking along those lines. It's about thousands of people dying every day and doin something to highlight it. nothing more nothing less. they should be part of it.

Nickname

#14 Post by Nickname »

We can send a lot of e mails from this forum to the bob geldof website asking for psb being part of the proyect.

Eldritch

#15 Post by Eldritch »

nickname wrote:We can send a lot of e mails from this forum to the bob geldof website asking for psb being part of the proyect.
No, we can't. We should encourage PSB to concentrate on making a sterling new album instead of going to play West End Girls in some ghastly charity concert.
Click click drone