Live 8

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
skyhigh
Posts: 2996
Joined: Thu 29 Jul 2004, 10:48 pm
Contact:

Live 8

#1 Post by skyhigh »

No mention of the boys being involved? Why not?
That's it, it's all over. We're out of here. What a Legacy! (c) Chris Lowe 2009

User avatar
Blossom
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri 29 Apr 2005, 8:45 pm
Contact:

#2 Post by Blossom »

Why don't you write to Bob Geldof and ask him why Neil and Chris aren't on the list to perform???

The only acts I'll be tuning into watch on the day is Scissor Sisters & Robbie Williams, as they are the only decent ones performing at Live 8, in my opinion.

What next? A "Busted" reunion??? :roll:

User avatar
Dipso
Posts: 3536
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 12:39 am
Contact:

#3 Post by Dipso »

It's not the Pets' kind of thing, surely. Doubt that they were asked in the first place though!
Prick up your ears.

User avatar
Zeus On The Loose
Posts: 3480
Joined: Wed 29 Oct 2003, 8:27 pm

#4 Post by Zeus On The Loose »

It is their kind of thing these days but why would they be asked, they are down the dumper.
Does cameos only.

User avatar
Dipso
Posts: 3536
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 12:39 am
Contact:

#5 Post by Dipso »

Of course, all the acts participating in Live 8 are doing it for purely altruistic reasons. Oh yes siree. Ahem.

Damon Albarn's not happy:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainmen ... 079644.stm
Prick up your ears.

Nickname
Posts: 6313
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 3:52 pm
Contact:

#6 Post by Nickname »

For me, it's a pìty. PSB had to be there for their own good.

User avatar
skyhigh
Posts: 2996
Joined: Thu 29 Jul 2004, 10:48 pm
Contact:

#7 Post by skyhigh »

Actually they are huge amongst their peers. They should be part of this and if they werent asked then they should be offering.
That's it, it's all over. We're out of here. What a Legacy! (c) Chris Lowe 2009

User avatar
Undertaker
Posts: 8899
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 9:16 pm
Contact:

#8 Post by Undertaker »

Zeus On The Loose wrote:It is their kind of thing these days but why would they be asked, they are down the dumper.
I can see what you mean. Especially when the acts below sell millions. Everywhere will come to a standstill when trying to get a view of the world famous Mariah Carey and Sting.

Bob Geldof
Cure, The
Mariah Carey
Ms. Dynamite
Muse
Razorlight
Snoop Dogg
Sting
Velvet Revolver

User avatar
Flaffer
Posts: 3664
Joined: Wed 05 Nov 2003, 5:14 pm
Contact:

#9 Post by Flaffer »

paninaro28 wrote:Actually they are huge amongst their peers. They should be part of this and if they werent asked then they should be offering.
surely going cap in hand is beneath them. I for one am glad they aren't a part of this smug self-congratulatory orgy. Makes up a bit for that bloody Princes Trust thing last year, although I presume that was more due to Trevor Horn
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

User avatar
Flaffer
Posts: 3664
Joined: Wed 05 Nov 2003, 5:14 pm
Contact:

#10 Post by Flaffer »

nickname wrote:For me, it's a pìty. PSB had to be there for their own good.
isn't that against the point (at least theoretically)
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

User avatar
Ray
Posts: 1133
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 7:32 am
Contact:

#11 Post by Ray »

Aren't Razorlight the most overhyped band ever? They make last Oasis album sound good.
<a href="http://www.myspace.com/raygrantmusic">(I wonder why) My career's in danger?!</a>

User avatar
psb-freak
Posts: 6096
Joined: Tue 28 Oct 2003, 5:42 pm
Contact:

#12 Post by psb-freak »

What´s the whole Live 8 thing ?
Interviewer:
-What would you tell someone about yourself if you wanted to impress them?

Chris:
-I´ve got a 12-inch plonker.

User avatar
skyhigh
Posts: 2996
Joined: Thu 29 Jul 2004, 10:48 pm
Contact:

#13 Post by skyhigh »

Flaffer wrote:
paninaro28 wrote:Actually they are huge amongst their peers. They should be part of this and if they werent asked then they should be offering.
surely going cap in hand is beneath them. I for one am glad they aren't a part of this smug self-congratulatory orgy. Makes up a bit for that bloody Princes Trust thing last year, although I presume that was more due to Trevor Horn
i dont think this is a situation where u need to be thinking along those lines. It's about thousands of people dying every day and doin something to highlight it. nothing more nothing less. they should be part of it.
That's it, it's all over. We're out of here. What a Legacy! (c) Chris Lowe 2009

Nickname
Posts: 6313
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 3:52 pm
Contact:

#14 Post by Nickname »

We can send a lot of e mails from this forum to the bob geldof website asking for psb being part of the proyect.

Eldritch
Posts: 4050
Joined: Wed 10 Dec 2003, 9:24 am
Contact:

#15 Post by Eldritch »

nickname wrote:We can send a lot of e mails from this forum to the bob geldof website asking for psb being part of the proyect.
No, we can't. We should encourage PSB to concentrate on making a sterling new album instead of going to play West End Girls in some ghastly charity concert.
Click click drone

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 33 guests