Live 8

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
jamie1978

#121 Post by jamie1978 »

Zeus On The Loose wrote:
jamie1978 wrote:Yes, they are the headline act - the other acts are Russian

www.live8live.com
Oh, quite pathetic then.
uh huh - hardly the highlight of global performances

still, its a nice ego massage and they probably felt a bit left out

Flaffer

#122 Post by Flaffer »

psb-freak wrote:
Zeus On The Loose wrote:Are PSB headlining in Moscow? That's not too bad then. Cheap rent boys ahoy.
I immediately started to think about those boys in sailor outfits last year in St.Petersburg, whom Chris loved so much. :lol:
Hope Vicki gets that show on video. :D
what Chris with a load of Russian teenagers :?
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

Nickname

#123 Post by Nickname »

Well, one week ago I sent an e mail to the Bob Geldof website to say that it would be a good idea to see PSB taking part in Live 8 (I'll never know if they readed it).

dVTB

#124 Post by dVTB »

I just wish to say hi to all the negativists in this thread, who claimed PSB would never be asked to perform on Live8. How are you guys, enjoying the nice weather today? :D :wink:

It's good to see PSB in! Apparently some people thought that PSB are worthy enough to headline one of the stages, which is -of course- great news. It will also give Neil & Chris the chance to perform some of the Potemkin stuff live in Russia :) I bet they will play 'No Time For Tears' and 'After All'... 8)

moscow city boy

#125 Post by moscow city boy »

Flaffer wrote:
psb-freak wrote:
Zeus On The Loose wrote:Are PSB headlining in Moscow? That's not too bad then. Cheap rent boys ahoy.
I immediately started to think about those boys in sailor outfits last year in St.Petersburg, whom Chris loved so much. :lol:

http://www.geometria.ru/index.php?show= ... ure=173919
:D :D :D

Welcom to Moscow !

Flaffer

#126 Post by Flaffer »

moscow city boy wrote:
Flaffer wrote:
psb-freak wrote: I immediately started to think about those boys in sailor outfits last year in St.Petersburg, whom Chris loved so much. :lol:

http://www.geometria.ru/index.php?show= ... ure=173919
:D :D :D

Welcom to Moscow !
thank you :lol:
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

jamie1978

#127 Post by jamie1978 »

dVTB wrote:I just wish to say hi to all the negativists in this thread, who claimed PSB would never be asked to perform on Live8. How are you guys, enjoying the nice weather today? :D :wink:

It's good to see PSB in! Apparently some people thought that PSB are worthy enough to headline one of the stages, which is -of course- great news. It will also give Neil & Chris the chance to perform some of the Potemkin stuff live in Russia :) I bet they will play 'No Time For Tears' and 'After All'... 8)
Jesus, this is hardly the event to try out new material.

It will be a greatest hits set - anything else would be highly questionable, and not in line with other major acts performing on the day.

Its not supposed to be self-serving - its meant to attract the largest audience possible. Start playing bloody Potemkin and people will soon switch over.

Dipso

#128 Post by Dipso »

Janet Street-Porter wrote::o :o :o :o :o

It will be happening in Red Square from 19.00 to 22.30

Pet Shop Boys joined by many of the best Russian bands including:

Bravo
B-2
Moral Code X
Spleen
Valery Sutkin
Live content from around the world broadcast into the show.

The event will be broadcast on Channel One as well.

http://www.live8live.com/theconcerts/index.shtml

All the big names then.
I am astounded. And a bit horrified too, to be honest. :?
Prick up your ears.

Undertaker

#129 Post by Undertaker »

Zeus On The Loose wrote:Just goes to show I was right when I said thay hadn't been asked!
You would have been, if they have decided to gate crash Red Square but unfortunatly, they have been asked to perform.So mister, you were wrong! :twisted:

Dave
Last edited by Undertaker on Tue 28 Jun 2005, 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bookshopboy

#130 Post by bookshopboy »

jamie1978 wrote:Jesus, this is hardly the event to try out new material.

It will be a greatest hits set - anything else would be highly questionable, and not in line with other major acts performing on the day.

Its not supposed to be self-serving - its meant to attract the largest audience possible. Start playing bloody Potemkin and people will soon switch over.
I'm sure I read somewhere that Madonna is planning on premiering her new single at Live8 in London. Other London acts like Coldplay will play their current material and therefore boost sales on a global scale, and if the Spice Girls do reform, then they will no doubt have a Greatest Hits album out before Christmas.

If PSB do anything new, it would only be their rumoured new single which is all about "freedom" and "casting of the chains" etc etc.

jamie1978

#131 Post by jamie1978 »

bookshopboy wrote:
jamie1978 wrote:Jesus, this is hardly the event to try out new material.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Madonna is planning on premiering her new single at Live8 in London. Other London acts like Coldplay will play their current material and therefore boost sales on a global scale, and if the Spice Girls do reform, then they will no doubt have a Greatest Hits album out before Christmas.

If PSB do anything new, it would only be their rumoured new single which is all about "freedom" and "casting of the chains" etc etc.
The global premiere of a new Madonna single is hardly the same thing!

And sure, Coldplay will perform Speed of Sound, but as the single went to number 2 and the album is number one in the UK and US, I dont feel that is taking any major liberties.

But performing tracks from an OST due out in two months would be pointless and dull.

jamie1978

#132 Post by jamie1978 »

Undertaker wrote:
Zeus On The Loose wrote:Just goes to show I was right when I said thay hadn't been asked!
You would have been, if they have decided to gate crash Red Square but unfortunatly, they have been asked to perform.So mister, you were wrong! :twisted:

Dave
Not reallly - he said they hadnt been invited to Live 8 in London, which is correct. Manning a side-show which wont get any global coverage is hardly the same thing.

bookshopboy

#133 Post by bookshopboy »

I think that Madonna is only doing three songs - two old and one new. I doubts PSB will have much longer to play in Moscow - "West End girls", "Go west", "No time for tears".

bookshopboy

#134 Post by bookshopboy »

jamie1978 wrote:The global premiere of a new Madonna single is hardly the same thing!
It is exactly the same thing but on a smaller scale. If PSB decide to play something new, I'm sure it will be only one new song and (if the rumours are true) it will probably be "No time for tears".

TheLion

#135 Post by TheLion »

Whatever the case, I'm glad they're appearing. I'm a PSB fan and it means that there's something new for us - at least they can also headline in Russia.

What really gets to me are the fans who moan on this forum about PSB doing nothing, and then complain on the forum when they do (regardless of it being a new single/concert etc).

I've seen so many contradictions on this forum recently, it's blooming mad

Roar with the Lion - I'm happy.