What's your opinion about that?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Message
Author
nickname
Posts: 5892
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 3:52 pm
Contact:

#16 Post by nickname » Tue 21 Jun 2005, 11:43 am

I love when they say they are going to make an album with a epic sound, the coming back of the old Pet Shop Boys.

User avatar
Jack
Posts: 587
Joined: Fri 25 Feb 2005, 2:12 pm
Contact:

#17 Post by Jack » Tue 21 Jun 2005, 11:59 am

nickname wrote:I love when they say they are going to make an album with a epic sound, the coming back of the old Pet Shop Boys.
I have high hopes - I think the critisism they've received will invigourate them and knock out any complacency, and with Trevor Horn on board...I'm optimistic.

User avatar
glennjridge
Posts: 7726
Joined: Sat 01 Nov 2003, 10:28 pm
Contact:

#18 Post by glennjridge » Tue 21 Jun 2005, 6:11 pm

I dunno, I can really only think of one truly epic song from the early days. "left to my own devices". that was pretty big. it seemed to combine the best of the PSB. it had a electronic backing track with a huge orchestra.great arrangement. and what a huge ending.people just dont make songs like that anymore.

nickname
Posts: 5892
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 3:52 pm
Contact:

#19 Post by nickname » Tue 21 Jun 2005, 6:52 pm

glennjridge wrote:I dunno, I can really only think of one truly epic song from the early days. "left to my own devices". that was pretty big. it seemed to combine the best of the PSB. it had a electronic backing track with a huge orchestra.great arrangement. and what a huge ending.people just dont make songs like that anymore.
Left to my own devices is probably the best ever pet shop boys song.

Guest

#20 Post by Guest » Wed 22 Jun 2005, 9:41 am

glennjridge wrote:I dunno, I can really only think of one truly epic song from the early days. "left to my own devices". that was pretty big. it seemed to combine the best of the PSB. it had a electronic backing track with a huge orchestra.great arrangement. and what a huge ending.people just dont make songs like that anymore.
I think "Somewhere" is another quite epic song.

nickname
Posts: 5892
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 3:52 pm
Contact:

#21 Post by nickname » Wed 22 Jun 2005, 3:40 pm

It's true, but it's not a PSB song. Anyway, the cover is amazing.

User avatar
Niall
Posts: 1261
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 9:19 pm
Contact:

#22 Post by Niall » Thu 23 Jun 2005, 10:44 am

psb-freak wrote:
*Jealousy* wrote:
nickname wrote: Yeah, I am agree. I think it could be nice, at least for one or two songs.
i agree as well, maybe more than 2 or 3 songs would be a bit boring (??) :roll:
I remember in one PSB documentary (maybe it was Really) Trevor Horn said that Chris didn´t like some orchestral part they were recording at all and Chris was so furious. But maybe he´ll do good job.
Yeah that was the original ending of Left to my own devices.
Evertonians are born not manufactured.
We do not choose; we are chosen.
Those who understand need no explanation.
Those that don't understand don't matter.

nickname
Posts: 5892
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 3:52 pm
Contact:

#23 Post by nickname » Thu 23 Jun 2005, 11:40 am

Niall wrote:
psb-freak wrote:
*Jealousy* wrote: i agree as well, maybe more than 2 or 3 songs would be a bit boring (??) :roll:
I remember in one PSB documentary (maybe it was Really) Trevor Horn said that Chris didn´t like some orchestral part they were recording at all and Chris was so furious. But maybe he´ll do good job.
Yeah that was the original ending of Left to my own devices.
Has anyone heard that original ending?, I don't know which one is it.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN [Bot], ype and 14 guests