Who is......?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
nickname

Who is......?

#1 Post by nickname » Thu 30 Jun 2005, 12:02 pm

Some people here have asked who is Diane Warren. For all of them we say that she has written the song Numb, for the new PSB album. This song was going to be included in the compilation POPART(like new single). But at the end, PSB are going to include the song in the new album.

The demo version of Numb could be listened in Radio 2, two years ago. The Diane Warren Story was the docummentary which included the song sung by Diane with some commentaries of Neil, Chris, Diane and Trevor Horn.

The song is really sad and the final version of PSB will be an electro-orchestral song.

Diane Warren has written for A LOT of commercial pop-singers. Some famous songs written by her are:

Because you loved me - Celine Dion
Unbreak my heart - Toni Braxton
How do I live - LeAnn Rimes
I don't want to miss a thing - Aerosmith
I turn to you - Cristina Aguilera
If I could turn back time - Cher
Music of my heart - NSYNC & Gloria Stefan
Can't fight the moonlight - LeAnn Rimes
There you'll be - Faith Hill (soundtrack of Pearl Harbour, produced by Trevor Horn)

Eldritch

Re: Who is......?

#2 Post by Eldritch » Thu 30 Jun 2005, 12:10 pm

nickname wrote: Because you loved me - Celine Dion
Unbreak my heart - Toni Braxton
How do I live - LeAnn Rimes
I don't want to miss a thing - Aerosmith
I turn to you - Cristina Aguilera
If I could turn back time - Cher
Music of my heart - NSYNC & Gloria Stefan
Can't fight the moonlight - LeAnn Rimes
There you'll be - Faith Hill (soundtrack of Pearl Harbour, produced by Trevor Horn)
Now That's What I Call Complete And Utter Garbage vol. 1

Unless N & C have really contributed to the actual song, I personally find it very sad that PSB had demeaned themselves by asking song-writing help from Diane Warren. She is an AOR/MOR schlockmeister responsible for some of the worst saccharine atrocities committed in the name of pop during the last couple of decades. If PSB wanted outside song-writing help, why not then get somebody who has an ear for electro-pop and has actually written something decent lately. Or ever. Like Linda Perry for instance. She even wrote a song for Fischerspooner, so I'm sure she would have said yes to our boys too.
Click click drone

nickname

#3 Post by nickname » Thu 30 Jun 2005, 12:27 pm

PLEASE DON'T MAKE ANY REPLY TO THIS THREAD, GO TO THE OTHER ONE WITH THE SAME TOPIC. IF ANY MODERATOR CAN DELETE THIS THREAD, I WOULD LIKE HE DOES IT.

bookshopboy

#4 Post by bookshopboy » Thu 30 Jun 2005, 12:28 pm

I prefer this thread because it doesn't include "I could not ask for more" by Sara Evans.

Sjòn

#5 Post by Sjòn » Thu 30 Jun 2005, 1:46 pm

bookshopboy wrote:I prefer this thread because it doesn't include "I could not ask for more" by Sara Evans.

:lol: