Live 8 to be released on DVD

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Dez

#1 Post by Dez » Sun 03 Jul 2005, 3:55 am

29 June 2005 - From chartattack.com by Ashley Spegel
Giving away free tickets for a charity concert makes little sense, especially when raising awareness isn't nearly as beneficial as raising funds.
Live 8 has just announced it's teaming up with music giant EMI for a worldwide deal for the Live 8 performances happening on July 2. According to the agreement, EMI will provide a large financial contribution to the Live 8 organization in exchange for the worldwide DVD rights to its concerts in the UK, Canada, US, France, Germany and Italy.
The concerts include performances by Bryan Adams, Bon Jovi, Coldplay, Sheryl Crow, Deep Purple, Dido, Green Day, Jay-Z, Elton John, Annie Lennox, Linkin Park, Madonna, Maroon 5, Paul McCartney, Pink Floyd, REM, Scissor Sisters, Sting, Joss Stone, U2, Keith Urban, Velvet Revolver, Robbie Williams, Brian Wilson and Stevie Wonder.
'We are very grateful to EMI for their financial contribution which helped to make the July 2nd concerts happen everywhere on the planet and thus nudge the world a little closer towards our shared aim,' said Bob Geldof. 'I hope this will be the biggest selling DVD of all time. It deserves to be.'
Geldof isn't the only one excited. EMI Music Canada President Deane Cameron is just as keen. 'On its own, the Toronto area show already boasts an astonishing line-up of artists,' he said.

let's hope Pet Shop Boys will be on it.
All of My Friends are Here! And ready to Disco. (Dez)

themgnt

#2 Post by themgnt » Sun 03 Jul 2005, 6:18 am

No suprise there. Largely why I didn't pay much attention to the broadcast. The other being incomplete performances and airheaded mtv hosts trying to tell us how much they "learned" today and how "awesome" the whole thing is.

-paul

srpsb

#3 Post by srpsb » Sun 03 Jul 2005, 10:32 pm

I think that the're no chance because Moskow is not mentioned, only : UK, Canada, US, France, Germany and Italy

E-Mail Vampire

#4 Post by E-Mail Vampire » Mon 04 Jul 2005, 9:23 am

Sometimea I really do wonder why they included Moscow as they hardly mention it!

stew

#5 Post by stew » Mon 04 Jul 2005, 11:02 am

They did it to raise awareness!!!

Thats why there was no AOL broadcast and no show at all really on UK tv!!!
and there was no really big names there either!!!

Actually what was the point???????????????????????

jamie1978

#6 Post by jamie1978 » Mon 04 Jul 2005, 11:21 am

srpsb wrote:I think that the're no chance because Moskow is not mentioned, only : UK, Canada, US, France, Germany and Italy
If EMI are releasing the DVD, I think there is every chance they will include the PSB performance, even if it is as a token representation of the Moscow concert.

shamelessbehave

#7 Post by shamelessbehave » Mon 04 Jul 2005, 3:09 pm

I don´t think there will be any chance.
http://www.tennant-lowe.com/viewtopic.php?t=197
http://www.myspace.com/shamelesssilvia

"It´s fundamental that we do only exist in our own universe. When you like Pet Shop Boys, you are in our world. This is absolutely crucial to our entire outlook...what we do has an incredibly strong identity and applies only to us. It´s a case of not recognising the existence of anybody else!". Neil Tennant.

Dipso

#8 Post by Dipso » Mon 04 Jul 2005, 3:18 pm

There is a banner on the aolmusic.com Live 8 microsite that reads "come back soon to watch the entire show song by song on demand". Fingers crossed now! :think:
Prick up your ears.