Forum Rules  |   Forum Contacts  |   Problems registering?  |   Official Website

The Management - Kids (PSB Abstrakt mix)

Q&As about collecting and collections, items and value of PSB related material. Discuss new and old PSB collector items.
Corina

Re: The Management - Kids (PSB Abstrakt mix)

#91 Post by Corina » Sun 04 Jan 2009, 11:48 am

I don`t want to start a new thread for a question only, that is why I`m posting again here: Does anyone know, is there an official video-clip for MGMT`s "Kids"?

The video mentioned by TheGardner earlier on this thread is fan-made, also this one I`ve just found was made by a fan. (Watch this second one in high quality, it`s very well edited - the author even found a footage of Andrew holding a baby!).
What remains in time
that didn't fade away?

Sandy Shaw

Re: MGMT - Kids (PSB Abstrakt mix)

#92 Post by Sandy Shaw » Sun 04 Jan 2009, 11:55 am

Sandy Shaw wrote:Oh it feels like Christmas already. First the Christmas card this morning and now a fantastic exclusive track!!! I like the way the mix leaves you hanging on for the lead vocalist to come in. By the way a great unoffical video for Kids on YouTube by jsalmon

I did mention it was unofficial (or unoffical with my typo)
What's for supper?

redsock

#93 Post by redsock » Sun 04 Jan 2009, 12:02 pm

The Synthpop Mix has been on near constant repeat in my car for the past week or so. Absolutely fantastic !

I also heard the original version in my local Subway sandwich store on Saturday.

Corina

#94 Post by Corina » Sun 04 Jan 2009, 12:15 pm

Sandy Shaw wrote:
Sandy Shaw wrote:Oh it feels like Christmas already. First the Christmas card this morning and now a fantastic exclusive track!!! I like the way the mix leaves you hanging on for the lead vocalist to come in. By the way a great unoffical video for Kids on YouTube by jsalmon

I did mention it was unofficial (or unoffical with my typo)
Sorry I overlooked your comment about the same clip TheGardner was speaking about.

So, we have two unofficial Kids videos, and no official one by now...
What remains in time
that didn't fade away?

Corina

#95 Post by Corina » Sun 04 Jan 2009, 12:21 pm

redsock wrote:The Synthpop Mix has been on near constant repeat in my car for the past week or so. Absolutely fantastic !

I also heard the original version in my local Subway sandwich store on Saturday.
I liked the Abstrakt mix in the beginning, now I`m completely into the Synthpop one! It`s sooo PSB, also being flattering to the original version at the same time.
What remains in time
that didn't fade away?

Sandy Shaw

#96 Post by Sandy Shaw » Sun 04 Jan 2009, 9:46 pm

Corina wrote:
Sorry I overlooked your comment about the same clip TheGardner was speaking about.

So, we have two unofficial Kids videos, and no official one by now...
No worries Corina! :D
What's for supper?

blaumann

#97 Post by blaumann » Sat 07 May 2016, 11:39 am

Just recently came across this remix as well as the PSB Synthpop remix and was wondering where you can buy / download this remix. Understand they have been made available on their website ages ago, however, haven't found them in any of the usual online shops. Are they available somewhere?

Oznerol

#98 Post by Oznerol » Thu 28 Jul 2016, 4:55 pm

blaumann wrote:Just recently came across this remix as well as the PSB Synthpop remix and was wondering where you can buy / download this remix. Understand they have been made available on their website ages ago, however, haven't found them in any of the usual online shops. Are they available somewhere?
I think they remain in the "unreleased" category until today...
This is not my signature.

redsock

#99 Post by redsock » Fri 29 Jul 2016, 4:13 pm

Oznerol wrote:
blaumann wrote:Just recently came across this remix as well as the PSB Synthpop remix and was wondering where you can buy / download this remix. Understand they have been made available on their website ages ago, however, haven't found them in any of the usual online shops. Are they available somewhere?
Yup, they were only available on the PSB official site for a short time when it was possible to download the "stream only" material. I think everything was deleted or the site structure was changed when management found out. :wink:

Pod

#100 Post by Pod » Wed 03 Aug 2016, 3:04 pm

redsock wrote:
Oznerol wrote:
Yup, they were only available on the PSB official site for a short time when it was possible to download the "stream only" material. I think everything was deleted or the site structure was changed when management found out. :wink:
Love these mixes - how they never got an official release I'll never know. It's like the hidden cameras colour of a man mix - why has that not seen the light of day?
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

Disco.

#101 Post by Disco. » Thu 15 Sep 2016, 9:32 am

Pod wrote:
redsock wrote:
Oznerol wrote:
Love these mixes - how they never got an official release I'll never know. It's like the hidden cameras colour of a man mix - why has that not seen the light of day?
MGMTs management thought that Neil and Chris were to expensive that's why they have never been released.