Forum Rules  |   Forum Contacts  |   Problems registering?  |   Official Website

Your latest PSB item

Q&As about collecting and collections, items and value of PSB related material. Discuss new and old PSB collector items.
Padster

Re: Your latest PSB item

#61 Post by Padster » Sun 13 Oct 2013, 9:36 pm

PETHEAD72 wrote:It's been manufactured by the remixer himself,kobalt/X2 had nothing to do with this

He only made 5 supposedly,the one that was listed on ebay tried to deflect the attention away from the cd itself,saying the auction was for fritz von runte's autograph and the cd would be given as a gift....oh please,do you really think we're that stupid,come on how many true die hard PSB fan/collector's would have been interested in his autograph???

If the cd were that special the auction would have been for that alone.
It's true, however permission was given by Kolbalt to go ahead with the release of the promo. So technically it's official.

5 copies were mastered, they are silver CDs and not the green CDr types.

I didn't obtain mine through eBay and didn't pay silly money for it.

PETHEAD72

#62 Post by PETHEAD72 » Sun 13 Oct 2013, 10:53 pm

Hi padster,
Dont worry,not having a go at you buying it,that's completely your decision.i'm just going by what i've been told.

I think i know where you bought yours because i did see it advertised elsewhere,i did ask the guy selling it on ebay a few questions and let's say he didn't instill me with any confidence that i should make a move on it,also the fact why would he list on ebay in such a way to take the attention away from the cd and the auction was actually for the autograph?!,is this so there would be no comeback if the person winning the auction was unhappy with the cd??.the seller could easily say well the auction was for the autograph and not the cd!
You got a heart of glass or a heart of stone?

andmaste

#63 Post by andmaste » Mon 14 Oct 2013, 3:40 pm

PETHEAD72 wrote:Hi padster,
Dont worry,not having a go at you buying it,that's completely your decision.i'm just going by what i've been told.

I think i know where you bought yours because i did see it advertised elsewhere,i did ask the guy selling it on ebay a few questions and let's say he didn't instill me with any confidence that i should make a move on it,also the fact why would he list on ebay in such a way to take the attention away from the cd and the auction was actually for the autograph?!,is this so there would be no comeback if the person winning the auction was unhappy with the cd??.the seller could easily say well the auction was for the autograph and not the cd!
Technically you CAN'T sell promo CDs, since they are NOT for sale.
But you can give them away for free, so you can sell an autograph (or a photo, a t-shirt, or whatever you want) and give away a promo item.
Promo items shouldn't be for sale on eBay, but eBay closes its eyes since they are a large amount of money with their fees.

Andrea
Andrea
Pet Shop Boys: Covers & Quotations
www.psbcq.it

PETHEAD72

#64 Post by PETHEAD72 » Mon 14 Oct 2013, 4:22 pm

True,but for how many years have promo's have been sold openly and i dont just mean ebay,first time i've seen it this devious way.how many PSB fans do you think were interested in his autograph??..... 0
You got a heart of glass or a heart of stone?

andmaste

#65 Post by andmaste » Tue 15 Oct 2013, 7:20 am

PETHEAD72 wrote:True,but for how many years have promo's have been sold openly and i dont just mean ebay,first time i've seen it this devious way.how many PSB fans do you think were interested in his autograph??..... 0
You are right.
Records fair are full of promoes, for example.
Maybe "fritz von runte" chose to follow another way to sell his items, more confident to eBay (theoretical) rules.

Andrea
Andrea
Pet Shop Boys: Covers & Quotations
www.psbcq.it

djx

#66 Post by djx » Sat 02 Nov 2013, 4:48 pm

finally.. the discography video-cd

One of the crowd

#67 Post by One of the crowd » Sat 02 Nov 2013, 7:49 pm

djx wrote:finally.. the discography video-cd
That was you was it?

There were two of them listed at the same time
One of the crowd has left the building

djx

#68 Post by djx » Sun 03 Nov 2013, 5:16 pm

i got one for £3.90. didnt see the other one, been after one for a while but never seem to catch them

coufy

#69 Post by coufy » Tue 03 Dec 2013, 8:57 pm

Suburbia Arthur Baker mixes 12" US promo
Yes LP
Thursday promo CD
Pet Shop Boys Technology
www.pet-shop-boys.eu

Gestalt

#70 Post by Gestalt » Tue 03 Dec 2013, 9:05 pm

Padster wrote:
PETHEAD72 wrote:It's been manufactured by the remixer himself,kobalt/X2 had nothing to do with this

He only made 5 supposedly,the one that was listed on ebay tried to deflect the attention away from the cd itself,saying the auction was for fritz von runte's autograph and the cd would be given as a gift....oh please,do you really think we're that stupid,come on how many true die hard PSB fan/collector's would have been interested in his autograph???

It's true, however permission was given by Kolbalt to go ahead with the release of the promo. So technically it's official.

Did you get one of those 5 copies that Fritz was selling? :shock:

A silver CD is pressed in a factory and it's strange to me that a factory only presses 5 copies. They work upon minimum batches (100-200??).

Padster

#71 Post by Padster » Tue 03 Dec 2013, 11:11 pm

Gestalt wrote:
Padster wrote:

Did you get one of those 5 copies that Fritz was selling? :shock:

A silver CD is pressed in a factory and it's strange to me that a factory only presses 5 copies. They work upon minimum batches (100-200??).
Sorry it is an 'acetate' not a silver, I didn't really look properly.

It was one of the 5 direct from Fritz.

ZiggyPSB

#72 Post by ZiggyPSB » Sun 22 Dec 2013, 12:13 am

I wouldn't call it an actual PSB item per se, but its a huge part of PSB culture.

I got myself a BOY cap.
This is a song about boys and girls. You hear it playing all over the world.
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

df118junkie

#73 Post by df118junkie » Tue 24 Dec 2013, 5:20 pm

South African 'Actually' (which I already have) with a free 12" for 'It's A Sin' with the cat # 12EXTRA (A) 2018896. Has the Disco Mix, 7", and I Don't Know Where You Went Wrong. I don't see it on Discogs.

ZiggyPSB

#74 Post by ZiggyPSB » Wed 25 Dec 2013, 5:26 pm

Up one Electric Silver Bull hoodie for Xmas.
This is a song about boys and girls. You hear it playing all over the world.
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

Oznerol

#75 Post by Oznerol » Fri 21 Mar 2014, 9:47 pm

I surprisingly put my hands on a copy of the 'Various' Japanese Laser Disc in beautiful mint condition on a local record fair last weekend...
Also surprised that it wasn´t on Discogs (I had to create the entry)...

http://www.discogs.com/Pet-Shop-Boys-Va ... se/5498656

..and there are no copies for sale on ebay...is it that rare??? I paid around U$s 20 for it, so I think it was a good deal!

There was another copy for sell on the same fair, uncomplete (Not Obi nor inner sheet) and not that mint, around u$s 35. (I guess it remains unsold... ;) )
This is not my signature.