Forum Rules  |   Forum Contacts  |   Problems registering?  |   Official Website

"Disco 2", vinyl, gatefold sleeve question...

Q&As about collecting and collections, items and value of PSB related material. Discuss new and old PSB collector items.
Oznerol

"Disco 2", vinyl, gatefold sleeve question...

#1 Post by Oznerol » Fri 17 Jul 2015, 9:05 pm

I just put my hands on a very nice condition copy of the Brazil 12" release of "Disco 2". I never had any other copy on 12" of this album. Looking at the three vinyl releases (UK, US and Brazil) listed on Discogs, I see that this is the only one commented as having a gatefold sleeve..is that true?? :shock: Or just incomplete info on Discogs?
This is not my signature.

Native

Re: "Disco 2", vinyl, gatefold sleeve question...

#2 Post by Native » Wed 29 Jul 2015, 9:21 pm

I have the US vinyl and it isn't a gatefold sleeve.

Also, rather strangely, the track-listing is on the inside of the album sleeve!

Oznerol

#3 Post by Oznerol » Fri 31 Jul 2015, 7:56 pm

Wow strange!!!! So the sleeve is fully printed in both sides (outside/inside) then??? :shock:
Native wrote:I have the US vinyl and it isn't a gatefold sleeve.

Also, rather strangely, the track-listing is on the inside of the album sleeve!

Native

#4 Post by Native » Thu 10 Sep 2015, 9:37 pm

No. it's the credits for the tracks that are printed on the inside of the sleeve for some reason. No idea why, but it has been designed that way.I don't have the UK vinyl so I'm not sure if that's the same design.

Ramzy

#5 Post by Ramzy » Sun 13 Sep 2015, 6:11 pm

The UK vinyl is the same - the credits and the blank TV screen design are printed on the reverse of the card so you have to peer inside the cover to read all the details. They've got a history of printing on the inside of record covers - Bilingual has yellow squares inside, Behaviour has bright red inside, Fundamental has black inside. Even more curiously, the Yes inner sleeve has the same pattern of squares on both sides of the card - but only the outside has the portraits of Neil and Chris. (I'm sure there are other examples but I can't immediately think of them.)
I must disengage your recreational music.

Oznerol

#6 Post by Oznerol » Thu 28 Jan 2016, 10:18 pm

Ramzy wrote:The UK vinyl is the same - the credits and the blank TV screen design are printed on the reverse of the card so you have to peer inside the cover to read all the details. They've got a history of printing on the inside of record covers - Bilingual has yellow squares inside, Behaviour has bright red inside, Fundamental has black inside. Even more curiously, the Yes inner sleeve has the same pattern of squares on both sides of the card - but only the outside has the portraits of Neil and Chris. (I'm sure there are other examples but I can't immediately think of them.)
Very interesting! I had no idea about most of this details! Many copies I have are from other countries (not UK or Europe), and that details are missing!!