Final results of poll on best three consecutive PSB studio albums

All Geowayne's polls and results.
geowayne

Final results of poll on best three consecutive PSB studio albums

#1 Post by geowayne »

The final results are in for my poll of the past two weeks (plus a day), in which I asked my site visitors to choose what they consider to be the best sequence of three consecutive studio albums by the Pet Shop Boys. And the series of three that received the most votes was:

* Introspective - Behaviour - Very, chosen by 26.2% of the voters.

To see the complete results, please visit my "Commentary" site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey Results" options in the top navigation bar, or click the appropriate link on my "What's New?" page.

My new poll (which will run for just six days instead of the usual seven) focuses on the Boys' most recent releases: the new remixes of "Undertow" and "Burn" plus the studio recording of the Super Tour arrangement of "Left to My Own Devices." So what do you think of each? – love? like? neutral? dislike? detest? Please make your choices right there on my home page. (And there are options for if you haven't them, too.)

Thanks to everyone who voted in the previous survey! And thanks as well for your patience as I took my brief break from website work. I really appreciate it! I hope you all have a fantastic week ahead!

leesmapman

Re: Final results of poll on best three consecutive PSB studio albums

#2 Post by leesmapman »

I think I can guess some of the results of the new poll :-D

retrofuturist

#3 Post by retrofuturist »

Ahoy there Wayne... you've done the "three consecutive" with the albums. Have you done "three consecutive singles"? That might be interesting too.
"Politics are too emotional now. Contemporary culture generally is too emotional, really... I'd rather people looked to the truth." (Neil Tennant)

geowayne

#4 Post by geowayne »

retrofuturist wrote: Tue 02 May 2017, 4:40 am Ahoy there Wayne... you've done the "three consecutive" with the albums. Have you done "three consecutive singles"? That might be interesting too.
Now, that's a terrific idea -- at least in theory. It would be a much, much more challenging poll to put together, however, not only because of the very large number of singles but also because of the matter of which tracks qualify as singles and which don't. I can guarantee that, in some cases, no matter what I do, I'll receive complaints as to an alleged "mistake" I made. For instance, do I count "Beautiful People" as a single or not? Do I count "To Step Aside"? What about "Axis"? "Inner Sanctum"? For that matter, "Undertow"? And there are others as well. What criteria do I use?

I'll have to give some thought to this. If I do decide to run such a poll, I'll probably include a note to the effect that, if you disagree with my choices of what qualifies as a single and what doesn't, I don't want to hear about it. ;-)

So I'll start mulling it over. If you have any criteria suggestions, let me know. In the meantime, thanks for the suggestion. It's certainly an intriguing one....

retrofuturist

#5 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Wayne.

If you do it, I would recommend outsourcing that to Stefan, and using the list of singles as catalogued here under the "Singles" tab: https://www.psb-catalogue.com/

Then you can deflect all complaints to Stefan... 8)

Retro. :)
"Politics are too emotional now. Contemporary culture generally is too emotional, really... I'd rather people looked to the truth." (Neil Tennant)

geowayne

#6 Post by geowayne »

retrofuturist wrote: Tue 02 May 2017, 8:37 am Greetings Wayne.

If you do it, I would recommend outsourcing that to Stefan, and using the list of singles as catalogued here under the "Singles" tab: https://www.psb-catalogue.com/

Then you can deflect all complaints to Stefan... 8)

Just to let you know, I'm using your suggestion for my new poll this week (and, in fact, for two weeks). Thanks again for a terrific suggestion! (And, incidentally, I've come up with my own criteria. I hope it turns out OK.)

Neilatrone

#7 Post by Neilatrone »

retrofuturist wrote: Tue 02 May 2017, 4:40 am Ahoy there Wayne... you've done the "three consecutive" with the albums. Have you done "three consecutive singles"? That might be interesting too.
You may have suggested one of the best polls ever. Amazingly intriguing!

retrofuturist

#8 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Wayne,

Thanks for letting me know!

And for the record, I went with So Hard / Being Boring / Streets...

It could have been a very different story however, if Integral were released in its Fundamental album version form, rather than as an edit of its remixed Disco 4 form.

geowayne

#9 Post by geowayne »

retrofuturist wrote: Mon 08 May 2017, 2:38 am Greetings Wayne,

Thanks for letting me know!

And for the record, I went with So Hard / Being Boring / Streets...

It could have been a very different story however, if Integral were released in its Fundamental album version form, rather than as an edit of its remixed Disco 4 form.

Not that I would have voted for it, but I agree completely that the single remix of "Integral" is VASTLY inferior to the Fundamental album version.

Thanks!