Final results of poll on the strongest PSB album "opening salvo"

All Geowayne's polls and results.
geowayne

Final results of poll on the strongest PSB album "opening salvo"

#1 Post by geowayne »

The final results are in for my poll of the past two weeks, in which I asked my site visitors which Pet Shop Boys studio album has, in their opinion, the strongest "opening salvo" of three consecutive songs. And the album (and songs) that received the most votes was:

* Nightlife: "For Your Own Good," "Closer to Heaven," and "I Don't Know What You Want But I Can't Give It Any More,"chosen by 18.1% of the voters.

To see the complete results, please visit my "Commentary" site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey Results" options in the top navigation bar or click the appropriate link on my "What's New?" page.

My new survey for the next two weeks is inspired by the announcement this past week of the release date and track lineups of the upcoming reissues of Nightlife, Release, and Fundamental. I'm simply wondering whether you're planning to buy (or have already pre-ordered) any or all of them. But I don't make it just a simple "yes or no" question. So please take a moment to make the appropriate choice(s) right there on my home page.

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who voted in my previous survey! And I hope you all have a fantastic couple weeks ahead!

IRONFLAME.de

Re: Final results of poll on the strongest PSB album "opening salvo"

#2 Post by IRONFLAME.de »

there was one option missing though: "i'll be waiting for the complete 'pet shop boys catalog' boxset announced by neil in annualy 2017"
IRONFLAME.de
gute musik + tendenziöse meinungen

Undertaker

#3 Post by Undertaker »

Wow. I expected Please and Behaviour to batter the rest.

Shopper

#4 Post by Shopper »

that was a truly a class opening trio....so much energy! FYOG not getting a single release was criminal
Left to my own devices, I probably would...

https://www.instagram.com/chit2clix/

anajames

#5 Post by anajames »

Undertaker wrote: Sun 18 Jun 2017, 12:02 pm Wow. I expected Please and Behaviour to batter the rest.
I would agree with you on this.

Hillbilly

#6 Post by Hillbilly »

I abstain from buying the reissues! I'm only interested in the unreleased tracks anyway, and I expect to be able to hear them on Spotify. If it's possible to buy the tracks separately maybe I will get some of them.

negative1

#7 Post by negative1 »

i voted for the 2nd one with please.

these were pretty close to the top vote :
17.4% - Please: "Two Divided by Zero," "West End Girls," and "Opportunities (Let's Make Lots of Money)"
16.3% - Very: "Can You Forgive Her?" "I Wouldn't Normally Do This Kind of Thing," and "Liberation"

it's not that surprising, since most of the recent fans only listen to the latter albums.

later