Final results of poll on how often you've seen PSB perform live, in-person

All Geowayne's polls and results.
geowayne

Final results of poll on how often you've seen PSB perform live, in-person

#1 Post by geowayne »

The final results are in for my survey of the past week, in which I asked my site visitors how many times they've seen the Pet Shop Boys perform "live," in-person. And the number of times that received the most votes was:

* "1 (once)," picked by 15.4% of the voters.

To see the complete results, please visit my "Commentary" site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey Results" options in the top navigation bar or click the appropriate link on my "What's New?" page.

As I've been suggesting of late, I've now decided, as least for the time being, to begin running my polls on a biweekly/fortnightly basis rather than weekly. And, appropriately enough, my new poll running for the next two weeks may require some "homework" on your part, so the extra time may prove helpful. I've listed each of the calendar years since the release of the Pet Shop Boys' first album, Please, in which they did not release another one of their generally acknowledged 13 "studio" albums. That makes for a total of 20 different years. But I've listed each of those years twice, and I'm asking you to make two choices: which of them would you describe as the BEST "PSB year" in which they didn't release a studio album, and which was the WORST?

In other words, please consider everything done and/or released by the Boys in those years -- singles (and their b-sides), compilation albums, Disco albums, music videos, live concerts, VHS/DVDs, "side projects" (such as Closer to Heaven, Battleship Potemkin, The Most Incredible Thing, etc.), publications, and so on -- and choose the years that you think were the "best" and the "worst." So please, when you're ready, make your choices right there on my home page. And thanks so much to David B for suggesting this intriguing question!

Thanks as well to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope you all have a terrific two weeks ahead!