All Over The World Single

All Community forum polls and results.

Should it be remixed with more bass at the start of the song like it was played live on the Brit's?

Yes
71%
No
29%

Total votes: 35

Steve Fett

Re: All Over The World Single

#16 Post by Steve Fett »

start it off with the sample from the 12" dub, then end it with the vocoder bit from the medley on the official homepage of "all over the world". Then its single perfection.
what a performance tonight, should I react or turn off the light ?

kimphilby

#17 Post by kimphilby »

Steve Fett wrote:start it off with the sample from the 12" dub, then end it with the vocoder bit from the medley on the official homepage of "all over the world". Then its single perfection.
I agree, the Tchaikovsky bit sounds much better at the beginning of the dub version than that on Yes. The dub has a few extra bits they should mix in to a single version. I really like the "music" vocal that is a direct replica of Madonna's. More of those on any single/ radio mix please.

daveid

#18 Post by daveid »

Far more likely scenario: Did you see me coming? will bomb because it's already been released THREE times and also because it's not really that good a song (apologies to those who disagree) and any third single will be vetoed indefinitely.

As PSB fans we should be used to disappointing outcomes when it comes to single releases. So get ready for AOTW to not be released...

Anything good after that is an unexpected bonus...
:pray:

dVTB

#19 Post by dVTB »

What I still fail to understand is the following:

PSB obviously want "All over the world" to be their next single. And they're right: it has by far the most hit potential. However, EMI wants "Did you see me coming?"

That's their good right, but if you want that song to be the 2nd single, *why* release it for free in 2,2 million copies on Story and *why* put it in the digital bundle of "Love etc." ? :wall:

daveid

#20 Post by daveid »

dVTB wrote:What I still fail to understand is the following:

PSB obviously want "All over the world" to be their next single. And they're right: it has by far the most hit potential. However, EMI wants "Did you see me coming?"

That's their good right, but if you want that song to be the 2nd single, *why* release it for free in 2,2 million copies on Story and *why* put it in the digital bundle of "Love etc." ? :wall:
technically meaning that it's already been released as a single-of-sorts. Double-A side with Love etc...

There's no long-term logic in the corporate mindset whatsoever.

dVTB

#21 Post by dVTB »

daveid wrote:technically meaning that it's already been released as a single-of-sorts. Double-A side with Love etc...

There's no long-term logic in the corporate mindset whatsoever.
Despite its quality, "Did you see me coming?" is destined to underperform in the UK charts. And before Jamie1978 comes in to tell us that singles are only released to generate sales for the album: Yes, you're right, but releasing a song that 2,2 million people already own, is not such a good idea.

Besides that, "All over the world" is a fantastic tune and it would be one of the best PSB singles in ages. I fail to understand why EMI doesn't see the hit potential in this song. If there's *any* song on Yes that has the word HIT written all over it, it has to be "All over the world"...

Fugitive1979

#22 Post by Fugitive1979 »

I voted yes, though it's irrelevant now. :(

:grumble:
:| :o

alienbaby

#23 Post by alienbaby »

I think All Over The World could use some "lightening up" during the verses to make it more single-esque. It is a far superior track to Did You See Me Coming which for me is just not that exciting.

Did you see me coming? = my least favorite single release from a PSB album since How Can You Expect To Be. :(

Oh well, hoping for good bsides.

Wouldn't Pandemonium be a better single release than Did you see me coming?? :dance:

C

Ramzy

#24 Post by Ramzy »

alienbaby wrote:Wouldn't Pandemonium be a better single release than Did you see me coming?? :dance:

C
No. Far too similar to the single before it, in quick glance terms. Which is all the majority of people will pay it.
I must disengage your recreational music.

Paulo

#25 Post by Paulo »

It needs to be just a tad faster IMO

retrofuturist

#26 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
Ramzy wrote:No. Far too similar to the single before it, in quick glance terms. Which is all the majority of people will pay it.
The only thing Love Etc and Pandemonium have in common is a shuffle beat, and even then it's a different shuffle beat.

If you want similarities, it's that they both kick arse.

Retro. :)
"Politics are too emotional now. Contemporary culture generally is too emotional, really... I'd rather people looked to the truth." (Neil Tennant)

Ramzy

#27 Post by Ramzy »

Retro,

I'm in complete agreement with you. I'm not suggesting that I personally think the songs are remotely similar, but such is the weighting of the singles chart in favour of four-to-the-floor that the two stand out because of their compound time alone. When 'Love etc.' leaked, even people here were saying it sounded like Can you forgive her??, a song whose programming is sixteen years older and whose structure is entirely different. If it's enough to draw the connections in our minds, then imagine being someone who didn't actually care about the PSB particularly and heard 'Pandemonium' on the radio once - I'm not suggesting these people would have bought the single, but they could easily start/publish a 'the PSB have run out of ideas' backlash. The current success is very much predicated on the print media liking what the Boys are doing; a series of bad reviews could put an end to that.

I'm also in agreement with everyone else that 'Pandemonium' is a genuinely marvellous song and really ought to be released - just not until we've had a single with a different rhythm track to shift the above stumbling block. Obviously if there were actually a chance of getting four singles it'd be a lot easier to project this sort of thing - after the two past/confirmed ones, AOTW and Pandemonium. It's obvious. The landscape, however, has shifted so unfavourably that Did you see me coming?? will probably be the end of the campaign (tour notwithstanding).

:)
I must disengage your recreational music.