Editing posts

For questions and answers to problems with the forum.
Message
Author
User avatar
Undertaker
Posts: 8895
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 9:16 pm
Contact:

Editing posts

#1 Post by Undertaker » Mon 24 Nov 2008, 4:38 pm

I've tried a few times to edit some of my posts due to shocking punctuation ;) Anyway, everytime i go to delete the error, the page goes back and returns me to the original post, yet it says the post has been edited.

I assume this must be my computer, anyone have any idea's?

Cheers,

User avatar
Vince
Posts: 4401
Joined: Wed 27 Oct 2004, 7:41 pm
Contact:

Re: Editing posts

#2 Post by Vince » Mon 24 Nov 2008, 7:07 pm

Have you tried refreshing the screen? :oops:
H.A.P.P.I.N.E.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.
S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.

My Poems:
http://wordsunchained.blogspot.com/

User avatar
Undertaker
Posts: 8895
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 9:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Editing posts

#3 Post by Undertaker » Mon 24 Nov 2008, 9:40 pm

Nothing makes sense. Well it didn't until i tried using the '@' sign earlier. Some of the keys are doing different things lol. The '@' sign is now CTRL & 3. Originally the pound sign that i no longer have :| This is going to be comical. Can't be arsed to mess about, so this keyboard is off in the bin.

User avatar
redsock
Posts: 2316
Joined: Sat 08 Feb 2003, 5:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Editing posts

#4 Post by redsock » Tue 25 Nov 2008, 12:44 am

It may not be a physical fault with the keyboard, I think you've somehow set windows to believe your keyboard is a different language set. Check in your Control Panel in the keyboard settings and also in the regional settings. :D

One of the crowd
Posts: 4530
Joined: Tue 28 Oct 2003, 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Editing posts

#5 Post by One of the crowd » Tue 25 Nov 2008, 1:30 am

Undertaker wrote:I've tried a few times to edit some of my posts due to shocking punctuation ;) Anyway, everytime i go to delete the error, the page goes back and returns me to the original post, yet it says the post has been edited.

I assume this must be my computer, anyone have any idea's?

Cheers,
Youre pissed.
Fishing

User avatar
Fugitive1979
Posts: 6135
Joined: Wed 01 Nov 2006, 12:05 am
Contact:

Re: Editing posts

#6 Post by Fugitive1979 » Tue 25 Nov 2008, 1:35 am

Undertaker wrote:Nothing makes sense. Well it didn't until i tried using the '@' sign earlier. Some of the keys are doing different things lol. The '@' sign is now CTRL & 3. Originally the pound sign that i no longer have :| This is going to be comical. Can't be arsed to mess about, so this keyboard is off in the bin.
Don't chuck your keyboard out! As Redsock says, it looks like you have managed to change languages. I think you may be on English - United States (Dvorak), by accident. I managed to do the same once. Go to Languages in Control Panel where you can change it back to English (UK). You could also go further like I did and remove the United States options to prevent it happening again.

Image
Image
Image
Image
:| :o

User avatar
Dipso
Posts: 3536
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 12:39 am
Contact:

Re: Editing posts

#7 Post by Dipso » Tue 25 Nov 2008, 9:16 pm

Good advice, Fugitive! Once when I updated Internet Explorer it switched a few of my keys around. To this day my @ and " keys are still the wrong way around, although I have finally got my £ key back. I have no hash key though! (I bought my pc in Hong Kong. Go figure.)

*defenestrates laptop*
Prick up your ears.

User avatar
Undertaker
Posts: 8895
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 9:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Editing posts

#8 Post by Undertaker » Tue 25 Nov 2008, 10:35 pm

Thanks everyone. Everything seems alright again. Should have blamed it on the drink, as OOTC suggested.

One of the crowd
Posts: 4530
Joined: Tue 28 Oct 2003, 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Editing posts

#9 Post by One of the crowd » Wed 26 Nov 2008, 12:53 am

Dipso wrote:I have no hash
I know geezer on street corner who have some good gear man!
Fishing

User avatar
Fugitive1979
Posts: 6135
Joined: Wed 01 Nov 2006, 12:05 am
Contact:

Re: Editing posts

#10 Post by Fugitive1979 » Wed 26 Nov 2008, 2:32 pm

Dipso wrote:Good advice, Fugitive! Once when I updated Internet Explorer it switched a few of my keys around. To this day my @ and " keys are still the wrong way around, although I have finally got my £ key back. I have no hash key though! (I bought my pc in Hong Kong. Go figure.)

*defenestrates laptop*
You may need to do the same, Dipso. My # key disappeared as well. However, when I changed languages, it came back.
:| :o

User avatar
Fugitive1979
Posts: 6135
Joined: Wed 01 Nov 2006, 12:05 am
Contact:

Re: Editing posts

#11 Post by Fugitive1979 » Wed 26 Nov 2008, 2:32 pm

One of the crowd wrote:
Dipso wrote:I have no hash
I know geezer on street corner who have some good gear man!
:lol:
:| :o

User avatar
Dipso
Posts: 3536
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 12:39 am
Contact:

Re: Editing posts

#12 Post by Dipso » Wed 26 Nov 2008, 3:31 pm

My foreign-bought keyboard is set to UK English, but I now have £ instead of hash. It's all right though, OOTC is going to send me some. :shifty:
Prick up your ears.

User avatar
homer1972
Posts: 710
Joined: Sun 09 Jan 2005, 3:20 am

Re: Editing posts

#13 Post by homer1972 » Wed 26 Nov 2008, 10:23 pm

My little nephew had the same problem too but he soon fixed it on his own, he is very bright for a 8 yr old.
she's a little goer.

One of the crowd
Posts: 4530
Joined: Tue 28 Oct 2003, 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Editing posts

#14 Post by One of the crowd » Thu 27 Nov 2008, 12:12 am

homer1972 wrote:My little nephew had the same problem too but he soon fixed it on his own, he is very bright for a 8 yr old.
Jesus, they start young down in SW6 these days :shock: :lol:
Fishing

One of the crowd
Posts: 4530
Joined: Tue 28 Oct 2003, 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Editing posts

#15 Post by One of the crowd » Thu 27 Nov 2008, 12:13 am

Dipso wrote:but I now have £ instead of hash
So does the man on street corner now :wink:
Fishing

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest