Deleting Account

For questions and answers to problems with the forum.
York Minster

Deleting Account

#1 Post by York Minster »

Thinking about closing my account for good.

If I delete my account do all my posts disappear? Do all I have to do is state down here in support that I want it closed?

Let me know, thanks.
And tryin' to figure out what happened to 'Germaine Propaine'
"He couldn't have fell off that hard" Ain't no way
"What happened to the way you was rappin' when you was scandalous
That Canibus turned into a television evangelist"
Plus he raps with his regular voice [BOOSH! BOOSH!]
[BOOSH! BOOSH!] (What was that?) Pet Shop Boys

TheGardner

Re: Deleting Account

#2 Post by TheGardner »

Only the Admins can delete your account! Your posts still will be here "written by a user GUEST". The second way is to set your account "inactive" - means, it's still there, but inactive. So you once can comeback and still have your post count and all your posts from the past.

StevePSB
Site Admin

#3 Post by StevePSB »

You can walk away if you want to (and I think that would be a shame), but no posts will be deleted.

StevePSB

Radiophonic

#4 Post by Radiophonic »

Yes, I am thinking of leaving too. Homophobic comments on here last night mad me very angry.

If you decide to leave, do as I will do, just don't log on and delete the forum from any bookmarks and favorites.
"Enjoy it while it lasts ... "

StevePSB
Site Admin

#5 Post by StevePSB »

I'd be sorry to see either of you go. Comments like those from last night are not on and I think we've made it clear we don't want them on the forum. Things don't go un-noticed and any further such comments won't be ignored.

StevePSB

No Muscle Mary

#6 Post by No Muscle Mary »

It's pretty bad that there isn't a way to delete your account, in fairness. Has this situation changed in the meantime?
Churlicious

TheGardner

#7 Post by TheGardner »

from what I know, an account can be deleted. All the posts done by a user still remain here, but maybe the posts become a status they were done by a unknown user.

No Muscle Mary

#8 Post by No Muscle Mary »

TheGardner wrote: Sat 29 Jul 2017, 8:17 pm from what I know, an account can be deleted. All the posts done by a user still remain here, but maybe the posts become a status they were done by a unknown user.
Thanks Stefan. So you just ask an admin? Are you an admin?
Churlicious

TheGardner

#9 Post by TheGardner »

Steve Jobs.... erm it depends on Steve 😉

StevePSB
Site Admin

#10 Post by StevePSB »

Yep, I think the posts remain. It's there a reason you want this to happen? We'd be sorry to see you go.

StevePSB

No Muscle Mary

#11 Post by No Muscle Mary »

Been thinking about it for a while.
I'm too honest and forthright for my own good and I think forums are not a good place for me to be. I reveal too much. That's fine in everyday life but not online.
There are some really great people here and I appreciate all your kindness and sharing down through the many years.
I'm sad to go but think it's for the best. I have a lot on my plate in everyday life and I can't let comments passed online upset me as much as they sometimes do when I need to keep a calm head at all times in order to be able to cope with my children's needs.
It's entirely my own fault.
But please delete my account.
Thanks!
Churlicious

Drico One

#12 Post by Drico One »

Well, I think that's a pity, Mary. You know your own mind, so I'm not going to try to tell you your business. While you may be certain now that you will never return here, it's also possible that things might change and perhaps you'd like the option of just picking things up at your leisure then. In that sense, why delete the account? Just give yourself a break of indefinite duration if you feel you need it. You might stay away for a day, a week, a month, a year, or forever. But if you ever do decide to come back, your account would still be here. And given that you've been here from the start, Mary, and have so much history here, I think it would be sad to deny yourself the chance to continue if ever your mood changes. And sad for some of us who have soldiered on over the years with you too.

You and I have not always seen eye to eye, and we'd often disagree, but you've always been an opinionated and vibrant presence here. Despite our differences, it's always been nice to see you around over the years, telling it as you see it and waving your little Irish tricolour (even if that has always driven me mad, to be honest). But you've got the personality for it. You give your views, and you take the brickbats. That's what being opinionated entails.

Feck it, Mary. You're your own woman. Do what you think is right. But make it as easy as possible to change your mind if you ever decide to do so. At least give yourself the option of changing your mind in the future. Maybe you won't change your mind, maybe you will, but at least you'd still have the choice.

Anyway, enough blather. I hope to see you around in the future.

Drico.
The pale kid that hides in the attic behind his PC...

StevePSB
Site Admin

#13 Post by StevePSB »

I'm not one for long, eloquant pieces like Drico, but feel the need to add my less verbose thoughts to what he's said.

I don't think you have anything to be ashamed of, nor have you ever (to my knowledge) posted anything that doesn't sit right here. Deleting your account would seem to me to have very little, if any, purpose.

As Drico said, walk away for a bit in the knowledge that your account here is still there to pick up if you want to.

StevePSB

Marie loves PSB

#14 Post by Marie loves PSB »

No Muscle Mary wrote: Sun 30 Jul 2017, 10:26 am Been thinking about it for a while.
I'm too honest and forthright for my own good and I think forums are not a good place for me to be. I reveal too much. That's fine in everyday life but not online.
There are some really great people here and I appreciate all your kindness and sharing down through the many years.
I'm sad to go but think it's for the best. I have a lot on my plate in everyday life and I can't let comments passed online upset me as much as they sometimes do when I need to keep a calm head at all times in order to be able to cope with my children's needs.
It's entirely my own fault.
But please delete my account.
Thanks!
Oh no no no.......!!!!!!! :cry: It is not your fault! I will miss you. I also miss people on this thread that have been gone a while too. Please keep your account open!! You may change your mind.

psbfannyc

#15 Post by psbfannyc »

If you are taking this forum seriously, then you need to go. Good luck with your life! I'm sure we will see you in another incarnation in the future. Ciao!