Can't get emails from the forum

For questions and answers to problems with the forum.
SleepyMaya

Can't get emails from the forum

#1 Post by SleepyMaya »

Hi, I'm using gmail, and for some reason I can't seem to get any emails from this forum.
That means I didn't get an email when my account got approved, I didn't get any answer when I tried to use email forms from the "forum contacts" (I tried to ask for help twice and didn't get an answer, I assume they answered but I just never got their reply on my mail), and when I try to email users at the forum using the email button, I mark "send me a copy of the email" but I get nothing. I also didn't get an answer from anyone, which again I assume they answered but it just never got into my email.
I also have it marked so I should get emails when my posts are approved, but they got approved and I never got any email for it.

So I have a good reason to believe the emails just don't arrive to me, as even when I literally mark "send me a copy" I get nothing, I also checked my spam folder and there is nothing in there.
Normally I wouldn't mind, but since I can't send PM yet due to being a new user, when I wanna buy things from the "for sale" forum, the only way I can contact the sellers is by the email button, since pm is still blocked...

Could you please either help me fix it or just open the ability to use pm instead?
I found some literally issues from a few sellers that I'd like to get for my mom's birthday, but I can't communicate with the sellers or pm them. :(

StevePSB
Site Admin

Re: Can't get emails from the forum

#2 Post by StevePSB »

Hi.

My instinct tells me maybe there's a typo in your email address. Have you checked it's exactly right? Do you have an alternative address you could use?

Thanks! :)

StevePSB

SleepyMaya

#3 Post by SleepyMaya »

There is no typo in my email (I checked again), and when I ask people to email me directly into it without using the forum I do get their email.
I do have other email addresses that I could use, but they are all using gmail, so would it make a difference?

StevePSB
Site Admin

#4 Post by StevePSB »

Might be worth a go.

StevePSB

TheGardner

#5 Post by TheGardner »

finally found the error and it should be fixed now!