Surprised

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Nickname

Surprised

#1 Post by Nickname »

I have to say that I'm really surprised about the chart position (number 2) of Minimal in futurecharts.co.uk. I suppose they justify their chart in some sources. And well, with I'm with stupid they got it right. Even, it's a little bit strange Capital Fm is playing this single when I'm with stupid wasn't in its playlist.

Do you think Minimal could be a big hit?

Tom Angel

#2 Post by Tom Angel »

Yes. It would be a psb track it is 'ok' to like, if you see what I mean, it's not 'too' gay, its VERY electronic and catchier than herpes in a dockside brothel.

BUt whether is will or not.....it just needs to cross over.
in suits or sequins/or twin sets and pearls

popfreak

Re: Surprised

#3 Post by popfreak »

nickname wrote:I have to say that I'm really surprised about the chart position (number 2) of Minimal in futurecharts.co.uk. I suppose they justify their chart in some sources. And well, with I'm with stupid they got it right. Even, it's a little bit strange Capital Fm is playing this single when I'm with stupid wasn't in its playlist.

why start a new thread when one already exists?

viewtopic.php?t=13624

Joemoz

#4 Post by Joemoz »

popfreak wrote:
nickname wrote:I have to say that I'm really surprised about the chart position (number 2) of Minimal in futurecharts.co.uk. I suppose they justify their chart in some sources. And well, with I'm with stupid they got it right. Even, it's a little bit strange Capital Fm is playing this single when I'm with stupid wasn't in its playlist.

viewtopic.php?t=13624
He's Nickname, it's what he does.
It was a cough that carried him off. It was a coffin they carried him off in.

ArseSpanker

#5 Post by ArseSpanker »

viewtopic.php?t=13624[/quote]

The recognition, the notoriety, the groupies, the status, the food... Need I go on?
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this post do not necessarily reflect or represent those of its author.

DJ Pat

#6 Post by DJ Pat »

A friend of mine in London who is not really a fan says "Minimal" is the best thing they've done since "DJ Culture"

profile790

#7 Post by profile790 »

DJ Pat wrote:A friend of mine in London who is not really a fan says it's the best thing they've done since "DJ Culture"
It's good to hear that at least *some* people appreciate DJ Culture :) It's in fact one of my three favourite PSB singles.

Personally I think Minimal is Pet Shop Boys' best single since A Red Letter Day.

ArseSpanker

#8 Post by ArseSpanker »

DJ Pat wrote:A friend of mine in London who is not really a fan says "Minimal" is the best thing they've done since "DJ Culture"
Your friend is a master of the back handed compliment. Congrats.
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this post do not necessarily reflect or represent those of its author.

!

#9 Post by ! »

I will be surprised if it is in the top 10 never mind the top 5. Don't get me wrong, I hope it does well and I want it to do well but I just can't see it happening.

I don't believe in that chart but it did get I'm with Stupid right so...

BlueSwan

#10 Post by BlueSwan »

I think Minimal is PSBs best single since "Flamboyant".
http://www.soundcloud.com/blueswan (Blue Swan tracks, my solo tracks and remixes)

http://soundcloud.com/groups/inspired-by-pet-shop-boys (A collection of various artists PSB covers, PSB remixes and original songs inspired by PSB - anyone interested can contribute tracks)

!

#11 Post by ! »

BlueSwan wrote:I think Minimal is PSBs best single since "Flamboyant".
Really? I prefer I'm with Stupid to Minimal, IMO it's catchier and more accessible. I prefer Flamboyant above both of them though 8)

Burj

#12 Post by Burj »

ArseSpanker wrote:
DJ Pat wrote:A friend of mine in London who is not really a fan says "Minimal" is the best thing they've done since "DJ Culture"
Your friend is a master of the back handed compliment. Congrats.
Well it's obvious the friend likes the more electronic stuff as opposed to the disco/poppy. Nothing wrong with that.

Janet Street-Porter

#13 Post by Janet Street-Porter »

It's certainly their best single since Can you forgive her? I *love* Miracles too.

Nickname

#14 Post by Nickname »

Well, taking a look to the charts results of today I believe futurecharts.co.uk has hit on its predictions. If the next week, or in two weeks, Minimal gets the number one on this website, it will be because of something. But there are two weeks left yet.