Kylie - The official kylie thread

For 'Off Topic' and non-PSB music threads.
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
Shopper
Posts: 2350
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 12:52 pm
Contact:

#1441 Post by Shopper »

This is cool ! :mrgreen:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DotMusic/ Kylie tops Smash Hits video survey
(Friday September 22, 2006 02:56 PM)

Kylie Minogue's video for I Can't Get You Out Of My Head has topped a Smash Hits survey for the Greatest Ever Pop Video.

She pushed Madonna's Like A Prayer to No 2.

Pop guru Pete Waterman unveiled the results of the poll on Smash Hits TV! after thousands of fans voted online.

Kylie had no fewer than six songs in the top 100, closely followed by Madonna and Robbie Williams, who have five and three entries respectively.

Spice Girls' Wannabe was at No 3, Britney Spears Toxic clocked in at No 4, whilst S Club 7 landed at No 5 with Don't Stop Movin'.

The highest male entry, Rick Astley, made it to No 9 with Never Gonna Give You Up, followed by Will Young's fourth No 1 single, Leave Right Now.

Dave Young, programming director, Emap TV commented: "At Smash Hits TV we're proud to be pop and are always championing the biggest acts, but we decided it was time to get together the definitive countdown of the greatest pop song of all time and the only way to decide that was to put it to a vote by our millions of pop-expert viewers.
Left to my own devices, I probably would...

https://www.instagram.com/chit2clix/

User avatar
Shopper
Posts: 2350
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 12:52 pm
Contact:

#1442 Post by Shopper »

and one more update and this is ultra Cool :D :D


kylie's new photo session and dont miss the Pet Shop Boys nod at the very end :wink:
Image
Left to my own devices, I probably would...

https://www.instagram.com/chit2clix/

User avatar
Steve Fett
Posts: 1867
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 2:13 pm

#1443 Post by Steve Fett »

Cooooool pics Shopper !! She is looking brilliant ! The new 'do' is spectacular :P
what a performance tonight, should I react or turn off the light ?

User avatar
Shopper
Posts: 2350
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 12:52 pm
Contact:

#1444 Post by Shopper »

very avante garde ! :mrgreen:
Left to my own devices, I probably would...

https://www.instagram.com/chit2clix/

User avatar
!
Posts: 2327
Joined: Mon 23 Jan 2006, 7:13 pm

#1445 Post by ! »

What songs did she do with Scissor Sisters?

I know she did I Believe In You and Ooh (The Blues) though that one is on the new SS album without her and it's just called Ooh. She did 1 or 2 more with them didn't she?

User avatar
GalataPSB
Posts: 6137
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 12:10 pm

#1446 Post by GalataPSB »

New Kylie Calendar is great ... 8)

User avatar
Shopper
Posts: 2350
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 12:52 pm
Contact:

#1447 Post by Shopper »

Well yes, apparently there are 2 -3 versions of Ooh, one of which was rumoured to be with Kylie, maybe let me check sayhey and confirm this.

apparently SS will also contribute to her proposed new album..
Left to my own devices, I probably would...

https://www.instagram.com/chit2clix/

User avatar
!
Posts: 2327
Joined: Mon 23 Jan 2006, 7:13 pm

#1448 Post by ! »

Shopper wrote:Well yes, apparently there are 2 -3 versions of Ooh, one of which was rumoured to be with Kylie, maybe let me check sayhey and confirm this.

apparently SS will also contribute to her proposed new album..
I Believe In You
Ooh (The Blues)

There's another I'm sure they did with her for her singles/greatest hits thing, coz I've read Jake saying he wish she'd picked the other song or somethin'...

User avatar
Steve Fett
Posts: 1867
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 2:13 pm

#1449 Post by Steve Fett »

they are repackaging ULTIMATE KYLIE here in Oz with a double cd/dvd to promote the tour. It comes with as real neat slip case ! :P
what a performance tonight, should I react or turn off the light ?

bookshopboy

#1450 Post by bookshopboy »

! wrote:
Shopper wrote:Well yes, apparently there are 2 -3 versions of Ooh, one of which was rumoured to be with Kylie, maybe let me check sayhey and confirm this.

apparently SS will also contribute to her proposed new album..
I Believe In You
Ooh (The Blues)

There's another I'm sure they did with her for her singles/greatest hits thing, coz I've read Jake saying he wish she'd picked the other song or somethin'...
She did "I know" with them too.

User avatar
Shopper
Posts: 2350
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 12:52 pm
Contact:

#1451 Post by Shopper »

and Steve babe, am sure u can send that DVD to me :mrgreen: :kiss:
Left to my own devices, I probably would...

https://www.instagram.com/chit2clix/

User avatar
Shopper
Posts: 2350
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 12:52 pm
Contact:

#1452 Post by Shopper »

BTW I finally got Live in Sydney and Showgirl and spent all of yday watching the two as well as the previous shows like Intimate & Live, Fever and Money cant Buy and what an amazing growth it has been for our girl !

While her live singing has surely gone from strength to strength, you can really see the emergence of a confident global superstar with Fever and Showgirl.

Just unbelievable how threadbare the stage and setting from Intimate & Live is, just kylie, her band and two dancers but her voice and stage presence is top notch. Live in Sydney finally is the start of her showgirl persona and its such fun seeing a jazz rendition of Better the Devil to a sexy-mama of Butterfly. Finally Fever and Showgirl are mega productions and while each had its moments, my fave Kylie tour seems to be Fever. I just love the cyber K intro, the electro reworking of I should be so lucky and the whole audience interaction during kids and ofcourse the sing along to Better the Devil.

I later sat down to watch Drowned World for a compare (I saw this live in atlanta) and while theres no one to match Madonna's execution, larger than life persona and high concept direction (ofcourse she has the $$ to fund such mega shows and her ticket prices are monthly salaries in certain countries :roll: ) the performance itself was just so cold. But I guess Madge was always about the 'care a f*#$' attitude and never did much to please the audience, while Kylie's infectious charisma throughout the show is just so endearing.

Kylie was just born to perform live, undoubtedly the ultimate Showgirl :mrgreen:
Left to my own devices, I probably would...

https://www.instagram.com/chit2clix/

Princess Turandot

#1453 Post by Princess Turandot »

Steve Fett wrote:Cooooool pics Shopper !! She is looking brilliant ! The new 'do' is spectacular :P
Has she lost weight do you think? Probably the chemo would do that. :(

User avatar
Shopper
Posts: 2350
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 12:52 pm
Contact:

#1454 Post by Shopper »

ya, im sure she must have lost some ! But she looks pretty good in these
Left to my own devices, I probably would...

https://www.instagram.com/chit2clix/

User avatar
Steve Fett
Posts: 1867
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 2:13 pm

#1455 Post by Steve Fett »

Yay !! Kylie did her 1st concert last night in Sydney !! Here is her revised Showgirl tour setlist :

SHOWGIRL:
- Better The Devil You Know
- In Your Eyes
- White Diamond
- On A Night Like This

SMILEY KYLIE:
- Shocked
-What Do I Have To Do
-Spinning Around

INDIAN KYLIE:
- Take Me With You (Intro)
- Confide In Me
- Cowboy Style/Finer Feelings
- Too Far
- Butterfly (Outro)

- Red Blooded Woman/Where The Wild Roses Grow
- Slow
- Kids

DREAMS:
- Somewhere Over The Rainbow
- Come Into My World
- Chocolate
- I Believe In You
- Dreams

- Burning Up/Vogue (Intro)
- The Locomotion
- I Should Be So Lucky
- Hand On Your Heart

MINX IN SPACE:
- Can't Get You Out Of My Head
- Light Years/Turn It Into Love

ENCORE:
- Especially For You
- Love At First Sight


Image
what a performance tonight, should I react or turn off the light ?

Post Reply