Forum Rules  |   Forum Contacts  |   Problems registering?  |   Official Website

PopArt in at 19!

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Message
Author
User avatar
XTZ1969
Posts: 376
Joined: Sun 22 May 2005, 4:20 pm
Contact:

Re: PopArt in at 19!

#181 Post by XTZ1969 » Sun 01 Mar 2009, 3:08 pm

:?:
Last edited by XTZ1969 on Sun 12 Sep 2010, 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Minimalizm
Posts: 401
Joined: Thu 26 Feb 2009, 10:52 am
Contact:

Re: PopArt in at 19!

#182 Post by Minimalizm » Sun 01 Mar 2009, 3:27 pm

XTZ1969 wrote:
pulse wrote:I am truly happy that PopArt is back up there.....,
I was even surprised by Erasure's Hits! peaking at #15 within one month of PopArt's release.
Dear Steph ano:
'Hits' entered & peaked at #15 selling 15,000 copies in November 2003.
4 weeks later, 'PopArt' entered at #30 selling 30,000 copies.

I'm truly happy that Erasure's Total Pop is selling well.....
I was shocked when Loveboat's debuted & peaked at #45 selling 5,800 copies.
I felt disgusted too, when 'Other People's Songs' -released in January 2003- entered the charts at #17 selling 11,300 (at that point, Loveboat's cumulative sales were 15,700).

Best regards.
If you tell these figures in Erasure forum, they will all shout in unison orchestrated by Stephano, saying that sales are not important, charting is not important, but music is important, Andy is important etc. bigger does not mean better blah blah blah...

And yet he comes here and boasts about the sales and charting :roll:

NJTom
Posts: 586
Joined: Fri 08 Sep 2006, 8:25 am
Contact:

Re: PopArt in at 19!

#183 Post by NJTom » Sun 01 Mar 2009, 3:32 pm

Here's some worldwide sales stats I managed to procrure from the ukmix forum.
Please (1986)
USA : 1.500.000
Canada : 200.000

Japon : 200.000

Australie : 70.000 (#10 (19))

Europe : 1.050.000
- UK : 600.000
(270k - 1986)
(90k - 1987)
(60k - 1988)
(30k - 1989)
- Allemagne : 175.000 (#38)
- Espagne : 100.000 (#8 (21))
- Suède : 30.000 (#21 (8))
- Suisse : 25.000 (#20 (4))

Estimations Mondiales : 3.500.000

Disco (1986)
USA : 300.000

Japon : 120.000

Europe : 1.270.000
- UK : 600.000
(85k - 1986)
(170k - 1987)
(100k - 1988)
(80k - 1989)
- Allemagne : 325.000 (#10 (top 10 x1))
- Espagne : 100.000 (#10 (10))
- Suède : 25.000 (#33 (2))
- Pays-Bas : 50.000 (#7 (16))
- Suisse : 25.000 (#18 (5))
- Autriche : 15.000 (#17 (8))

Estimations Mondiales : 2.200.000

Actually (1987)
USA : 1.300.000
Canada : 200.000

Japon : 320.000

Australie : 120.000 (#16 (36))

Europe : 3.010.000
- UK : 1.250.000
(640k - 1987)
(380k - 1988)
(35k - 1989)
- Allemagne : 750.000 (#2 (top 10 x22))
- France : 140.000 (#19)
- Italie : 175.000 (#12)
- Espagne : 300.000 (#2 (47))
- Suède : 100.000 (#2 (10)(26))
- Pays-Bas : 70.000 (#6 (21))
- Suisse : 100.000 (#3 (9)(31))
- Autriche : 50.000 (#5 (35))
- Finlande : 70.000

Estimations Mondiales : 5.700.000

Introspective (1988)
USA : 850.000
Canada : 125.000

Japon : 150.000

Australie : 40.000 (#44 (11))

Europe : 2.090.000
- UK : 875.000
(500k - 1988)
(185k - 1989)
- Allemagne : 500.000 (#3 (top 10 x8))
- France : 70.000
- Italie : 200.000 (#9)
- Espagne : 220.000 (#3 (29))
- Suède : 60.000 (#5 (4)(16))
- Pays-Bas : 45.000 (#11 (20))
- Suisse : 60.000 (#2 (4)(15))
- Autriche : 20.000 (#8 (6))
- Finlande : 33.000

Estimations Mondiales : 3.700.000

Behaviour (1990)
USA : 500.000
Canada : 80.000

Japon : 100.000

Australie : 20.000 (#27 (4))

Europe : 1.110.000
- UK : 425.000
(250k - 1990)
- Allemagne : 300.000 (#4 (top 10 x2))
- France : 40.000
- Espagne : 100.000 (#9 (19))
- Suède : 60.000 (#9 (4)(16))
- Pays-Bas : 15.000 (#34 (6))
- Suisse : 40.000 (#12 (0)(14))
- Autriche : 10.000 (#22 (6))
- Finlande : 42.000

Estimations Mondiales : 2.100.000

Discography (1991)
USA : 1.100.000
Canada : 325.000
Brésil : 325.000
Argentine : 45.000

Japon : 200.000

Australie : 150.000 (#6 (14))

Europe : 1.960.000
- UK : 775.000
(280k - 1991)
- Allemagne : 500.000 (#13)
- France : 140.000
- Italie : 125.000 (#17)
- Espagne : 150.000 (#28 (13))
- Suède : 120.000 (#14 (0)(17))
- Pays-Bas : 50.000 (#26 (14))
- Suisse : 40.000 (#27 (0)(4))
- Autriche : 25.000 (#33 (3))
- Finlande : 31.000

Estimations Mondiales : 4.700.000

Very (1993)
USA : 600.000
Canada : 150.000

Japon : 375.000

Australie : 100.000 (#2 (14))

Europe : 2.020.000
- UK : 450.000
(250k - 1993)
- Allemagne : 750.000 (#1 x4 (top 10 x16))
- France : 125.000
- Italie : 200.000 (#8)
- Espagne : 175.000 (#6 (20))
- Suède : 75.000 (#1 x1(5)(19))
- Pays-Bas : 50.000 (#18 (19))
- Suisse : 95.000 (#1 x2(14)(31))
- Autriche : 45.000 (#6 (17))
- Finlande : 49.000

Estimations Mondiales : 4.000.000

Disco 2 (1994)
USA : 170.000

Japon : 100.000

Europe : 240.000
- UK : 100.000
- Allemagne : 40.000 (#47)
- Suède : 5.000 (#21 (0)(2))
- Pays-Bas : 10.000 (#54 (6))

Estimations Mondiales : 700.000

Alternative (1995)
USA : 100.000

Japon : 80.000

Australie : 20.000 (#8 (6))

Europe : 300.000
- UK : 130.000
- Allemagne : 60.000 (#28)
- Suède : 10.000 (#14 (0)(3))
- Pays-Bas : 10.000 (#27 (6))
- Suisse : 5.000 (#19 (0)(5))

Estimations Mondiales : 700.000

Bilingual (1996)
USA : 200.000

Japon : 100.000

Australie : 20.000 (#3 (6))

Europe : 660.000
- UK : 165.000
(90k - 1996)
- Allemagne : 250.000 (#7 (top 10 x4))
- France : 30.000
- Italie : 50.000 (#22)
- Espagne : 110.000 (#15 (23))
- Suède : 25.000 (#4 (2)(6))
- Pays-Bas : 5.000 (#59 (4))
- Suisse : 10.000 (#11 (0)(9))
- Autriche : 15.000 (#15 (10))

Estimations Mondiales : 1.200.000

Nightlife (1999)
USA : 180.000

Japon : 80.000

Australie : 10.000 (#25 (2))

Europe : 480.000
- UK : 130.000
- Allemagne : 200.000 (#2 (top 10 x3))
- France : 25.000
- Italie : 30.000
- Espagne : 40.000 (#9 (5))
- Suède : 20.000 (#4 (1)(5))
- Pays-Bas : 5.000 (#61 (4))
- Suisse : 10.000 (#9 (1)(5))
- Autriche : 5.000 (#16 (4))

Estimations Mondiales : 900.000

Release (2002)
USA : 100.000

Japon : 60.000

Europe : 310.000
- UK : 100.000
- Allemagne : 125.000 (#3 (top 10 x2))
- France : 20.000
- Espagne : 20.000 (#16 (4))
- Suède : 10.000 (#12 (0)(3))
- Pays-Bas : 5.000 (#71 (2))
- Suisse : 10.000 (#13 (0)(7))
- Autriche : 5.000 (#15 (5))

Estimations Mondiales : 600.000

Disco 3 (2003)
USA : 50.000

Europe : 80.000
- UK : 30.000
- Allemagne : 20.000 (#33)

Estimations Mondiales : 200.000

PopArt (2003)
Japon : 80.000

Europe : 530.000
- UK : 210.000
(110k - 2003)
- Allemagne : 100.000 (#24)
- Espagne : 20.000 (#36 (6))
- Suède : 20.000 (#20 (0)(8))
- Suisse : 10.000 (#99 (0)(1))

Estimations Mondiales : 800.000

Fundamental (2006)
Brésil : 15.500

Japon : 25.000

Australie : 5.000 (#25 (1))

Europe : 280.000
- UK : 100.000
- Allemagne : 60.000 (#4 (1))
- France : 10.000
- Italie : 15.000
- Espagne : 15.000 (#9 (5))
- Suède : 10.000 (#6 (1)(6))
- Pays-Bas : 5.000 (#42 (5))
- Suisse : 10.000 (#7 (0)(6))
- Autriche : 5.000 (#23 (2))

Estimations Mondiales : 450.000

+ 250.000 pour d'autres sorties mineures.

Ventes Totales Mondiales : 31.700.000 albums vendus.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Half my brain tied behind my back, just to make it fair."

Minimalizm
Posts: 401
Joined: Thu 26 Feb 2009, 10:52 am
Contact:

Re: PopArt in at 19!

#184 Post by Minimalizm » Sun 01 Mar 2009, 3:37 pm

Isn't Introspective supposed to be the bestselling album? :o

User avatar
pulse
Posts: 548
Joined: Wed 05 Apr 2006, 10:00 pm
Contact:

Re: PopArt in at 19!

#185 Post by pulse » Sun 01 Mar 2009, 3:38 pm

Minimalizm wrote:
XTZ1969 wrote:
pulse wrote:I am truly happy that PopArt is back up there.....,
I was even surprised by Erasure's Hits! peaking at #15 within one month of PopArt's release.
Dear Steph ano:
'Hits' entered & peaked at #15 selling 15,000 copies in November 2003.
4 weeks later, 'PopArt' entered at #30 selling 30,000 copies.

I'm truly happy that Erasure's Total Pop is selling well.....
I was shocked when Loveboat's debuted & peaked at #45 selling 5,800 copies.
I felt disgusted too, when 'Other People's Songs' -released in January 2003- entered the charts at #17 selling 11,300 (at that point, Loveboat's cumulative sales were 15,700).

Best regards.
If you tell these figures in Erasure forum, they will all shout in unison, saying that sales are not important, charting is not important, but music is important, Andy is important etc. bigger does not mean better blah blah blah...

And Stephano comes here and boasts about the sales and charting :roll:
LOL... I definitely don't boast about Erasure's sales anywhere (for obvious reasons). I do like to point out how inconsequential these numbers are. Do remember that I am only responding to them, not inciting them (over many years).

I wasn't shocked that both Loveboat and OPS didn't sell well. It's interesting, however, that Hits! only sold 15,000 copies in November, but managed to rack up over 100,000 units after falling so abruptly.

For what it's worth, I thought PopArt sold far more units than what you claimed. These are all not the greatest numbers - but, live by the sword, die by the sword.

Sincerely.

User avatar
Undertaker
Posts: 8807
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 9:16 pm
Contact:

Re: PopArt in at 19!

#186 Post by Undertaker » Sun 01 Mar 2009, 3:40 pm

pulse wrote:[On the contrary - I harbour an almost unrealistically low amount of anger, thankfully. However, calling you out on sly digs is just de rigueur. If you stop, I will. :wink: I noticed how you evaded the question about the forum - please feel free to PM me with your answer, if you've nothing to hide/fear.
I have no desire to talk about another forum on here. Can you stop trying to stir up arguments and we can leave it at that. I won't be Pm'ing you, as you have in the past, asked on a public forum to stop Pm'ing you, just for a cheap shot. If that were to stop, i would be happy to discuss anything with you. Wether it be PM or on here. But cheap digs like that and criticising my ''limited grammar'' just gets boring.
pulse wrote: PopArt (#30) was released on November 24th, 2003 and Hits! (#15) was released less than a month earlier on October 28th, 2003.
But PopArt has sold more. So what would you rather have? Especially when sales will ultimately determine the budget for future releases. Hence PSB working with Richard X, Trevor Horn and Xenomania and Erasure working with people no one has heard of, which is reflected in the awful production and quality on offer. Surely even someone as blinkered as you, can see that.

I do hope Erasure can be given the budget to provide a quality release. We might take the piss a bit but a lot of us do want a good album but at the end of the day, it hasn't happened for a long time.

This bollocks i keep hearing about media darlings is a poor argument too. The reason PSB are so well respected in the media, is because they have earn't it. They haven't been cheap in what they release. There is always something brilliant they have given us. Nor are they in the paper for the wrong reasons.

If artists produce, the media will like them and respect them.

User avatar
Tenlow
Posts: 1126
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: PopArt in at 19!

#187 Post by Tenlow » Sun 01 Mar 2009, 3:41 pm

PopArt sold 200k in the UK before the Brits (another 30k since then) - not really great but not too bad either.
http://www.facebook.com/MisterFDF

"The problem is PSB haven't released an impressive single since "Go West"." (nickname)

NJTom
Posts: 586
Joined: Fri 08 Sep 2006, 8:25 am
Contact:

Re: PopArt in at 19!

#188 Post by NJTom » Sun 01 Mar 2009, 3:43 pm

I think he seems to be missing south american shipments for introspective, that would at least put it ahead of very.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Half my brain tied behind my back, just to make it fair."

User avatar
pulse
Posts: 548
Joined: Wed 05 Apr 2006, 10:00 pm
Contact:

Re: PopArt in at 19!

#189 Post by pulse » Sun 01 Mar 2009, 3:54 pm

Undertaker wrote:
pulse wrote:[On the contrary - I harbour an almost unrealistically low amount of anger, thankfully. However, calling you out on sly digs is just de rigueur. If you stop, I will. :wink: I noticed how you evaded the question about the forum - please feel free to PM me with your answer, if you've nothing to hide/fear.
I have no desire to talk about another forum on here. Can you stop trying to stir up arguments and we can leave it at that. I won't be Pm'ing you, as you have in the past, asked on a public forum to stop Pm'ing you, just for a cheap shot. If that were to stop, i would be happy to discuss anything with you. Wether it be PM or on here. But cheap digs like that and criticising my ''limited grammar'' just gets boring.
pulse wrote: PopArt (#30) was released on November 24th, 2003 and Hits! (#15) was released less than a month earlier on October 28th, 2003.
But PopArt has sold more. So what would you rather have? Especially when sales will ultimately determine the budget for future releases. Hence PSB working with Richard X, Trevor Horn and Xenomania and Erasure working with people no one has heard of, which is reflected in the awful production and quality on offer. Surely even someone as blinkered as you, can see that.

I do hope Erasure can be given the budget to provide a quality release. We might take the piss a bit but a lot of us do want a good album but at the end of the day, it hasn't happened for a long time.

This bollocks i keep hearing about media darlings is a poor argument too. The reason PSB are so well respected in the media, is because they have earn't it. They haven't been cheap in what they release. There is always something brilliant they have given us. Nor are they in the paper for the wrong reasons.

If artists produce, the media will like them and respect them.
You're banned from that forum and you fail to admit you're still on it to create problems with other accounts.

I am totally prepared to give up arguing about personal points with you - yes, even your grammar - when you've cut down everything from my appearance, my age, and what I do for work. How is that fair? Plus, drop the constant sly attempts to big-up one band and cut down the other. We obviously won't see eye to eye and we have differing opinions on producers/production quality/music/etc. You are just as blinkered as I am. You can throw as much money at something as you want, and many times, in art, the cheaper one is better. It's not about money, it's about talent. I hope you can learn that.

As for media darlings, the PSB *are* media darlings and it certainly helps. Anyone can see that. The media pander to certain things and Erasure have never been ones to play that game. It's a mixed blessing to only care about the music and nothing else.

User avatar
Undertaker
Posts: 8807
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 9:16 pm
Contact:

Re: PopArt in at 19!

#190 Post by Undertaker » Sun 01 Mar 2009, 7:17 pm

pulse wrote: As for media darlings, the PSB *are* media darlings and it certainly helps. Anyone can see that. The media pander to certain things and Erasure have never been ones to play that game. It's a mixed blessing to only care about the music and nothing else.
They are liked by the media because they have earn't it. It's only jealous, angry people like yourself that cannot accept it. Every time PSB have a new release out, you have to post something negative. I don't think you have made one single post that doesn't have a side swipe at PSB, criticise something, or mention Erasure :roll:

The media don't have any time for shit bands that don't produce anything decent anymore. Why would they? Also, even Andy Bell wants some media attention. He admitted to it on Loose Women. Maybe if he had some credibility about him and not glory in being infected with H.I.V, they would get a bit more credit.
Last edited by Undertaker on Sun 01 Mar 2009, 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Undertaker
Posts: 8807
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 9:16 pm
Contact:

Re: PopArt in at 19!

#191 Post by Undertaker » Sun 01 Mar 2009, 7:39 pm

PopArt has a new peak position. This week, it's number 18. Excellent stuff from an album released 6 years ago.

Erasure have a new entry at 21. Not great news to be fair, unless it holds it's position next week.
Last edited by Undertaker on Sun 01 Mar 2009, 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Patrick Bateman
Posts: 8445
Joined: Sat 12 Apr 2008, 4:35 pm
Contact:

Re: PopArt in at 19!

#192 Post by Patrick Bateman » Sun 01 Mar 2009, 7:53 pm

Always the bridesmaid..... :wink:
Official account of record-breaking, multiple award-winning director Patrick Bateman.

NJTom
Posts: 586
Joined: Fri 08 Sep 2006, 8:25 am
Contact:

Re: PopArt in at 19!

#193 Post by NJTom » Sun 01 Mar 2009, 7:54 pm

Pretty much what we expected then. 18 looks a lot better than 30 tho. :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Half my brain tied behind my back, just to make it fair."

User avatar
Fugitive1979
Posts: 6135
Joined: Wed 01 Nov 2006, 12:05 am
Contact:

Re: PopArt in at 19!

#194 Post by Fugitive1979 » Sun 01 Mar 2009, 7:54 pm

Undertaker wrote:PopArt has a new peak position. This week, it's numer 18.
Fantastic. :clap: :dance:
:| :o

User avatar
tuff enuff
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun 01 Jun 2008, 11:17 pm
Contact:

Re: PopArt in at 19!

#195 Post by tuff enuff » Sun 01 Mar 2009, 7:55 pm

Undertaker wrote:
Every time PSB have a new release out, you have to post something negative. I don't think you have made one sinle post that doesn't have a side swipe at PSB, criticise something, or mention Erasure :roll:
You've just described your own appearance towards the other group on the other group's forum. Hi TwoHeadedSexBeast!

:lol:
Go fast!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 12 guests

cron