Frankie goes to Hollywood

For 'Off Topic' and non-PSB music threads.
Message
Author
User avatar
Pani
Posts: 8208
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 11:51 am
Contact:

#16 Post by Pani »

War and Two Tribes are from Liverpool. Hm, hold. I will take a pic of the reverse of my CD and the "booklet" also. Pls. be patient ...

Refered to the othere one you are after I have this idea: Zang Tuumb Tumb And All That. It could probably help or give another hint. I haven't figured out yet. :wink:

Otherwise pls. go www.ztt.com again. :wink:


Edit:
You are right of course. Warriors Of The Wasteland and Rage Hard are from Liverpool not War and Two Tribes.
Sorry for mixing it up. :oops:
I have just compared and checked up again.
Correction: No Liverpool on that Anniversary Edition, it is pure Pleasuredome. :wink:
Last edited by Pani on Thu 04 Mar 2004, 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LittleBummerBoy

#17 Post by LittleBummerBoy »

Paninaro-Dancer wrote:War and Two Tribes are from Liverpool
Sorry, you've been misinformed, luv. The only connection between Liverpool and those two are that FGTH come from there.

The Liverpool singles were Watching The Wildlife, Rage Hard and Warriors Of The Wasteland.

Do you know if their version of Bowie's Suffragette City is on a CD anywhere?

User avatar
Pani
Posts: 8208
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 11:51 am
Contact:

#18 Post by Pani »

Pls. see my edit above ... :oops:

User avatar
Pani
Posts: 8208
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 11:51 am
Contact:

#19 Post by Pani »

Suffragette City has been released as a b-side. I remember its sound. :D
I once had all the singles and maxi vinyls (as you know Image) and I think it was on a maxi ...
Unfortunately I can't remember on which one exactly. :roll: I guess it was Rage Hard ...
I could try to check out in Discography section on the DVD on which single it has been released. Later ...
Haven't seen it available on CD so far. :?
One February Friday has been released as a b-side too for example and I don't remember on which one exactly. It's too long ago to keep that all in mind.

Discography section on FGTHs webside may be helpful as well. :roll:

LittleBummerBoy

#20 Post by LittleBummerBoy »

Paninaro-Dancer wrote:Suffragette City has been released as a b-side. I remember its sound.
Yeah, so you have had it on the Rage Hard maximum joy twelve inch of pleasure, but I was wondering if it appeared on any subsequent CD compilation. The only bands who were issuing CD singles at that time were Genesis and Dire Straits, I think.

User avatar
Pani
Posts: 8208
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 11:51 am
Contact:

#21 Post by Pani »

- Edit -



@LittleBummerBoy:
You can get Suffragette City on Liverpool Lim. Ed. CD which incl. 3 bonus tracks, have a look at Zang Tuum Shop.

Interesting ... :roll:

Nitka

#22 Post by Nitka »

Thanks for this link. I used to like FGTH a lot.
Not long ago I found a book about them - "Frankie says" by Danny Jackson from 1985 - in a second-hand bookstore. It was oh so 80s but just wonderful - Welcome to the Pleasuredome was the first album I ever bought. Holly's first solo album was great and I remember reading his autobiography as well.

User avatar
Chuiperdu
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed 29 Oct 2003, 8:25 pm

#23 Post by Chuiperdu »

Suffragette city is indeed on a Cd. It is the second track of the reissue of Rage Hard in 1989. I have got all the maxis that were reissued (not remixed) with original playlist of the 12" :dance: ...and that's an investment I'll never regret.

User avatar
Pani
Posts: 8208
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 11:51 am
Contact:

#24 Post by Pani »

Chuiperdu wrote:Suffragette city is indeed on a Cd. It is the second track of the reissue of Rage Hard in 1989. I have got all the maxis that were reissued (not remixed) with original playlist of the 12" :dance: ...and that's an investment I'll never regret.
So I wasn't too wrong! :wink:
I wasn't quite sure if was the b-side of Rage Hard ... :roll:
Thanx for giving this information.
Erm, where did you get them from if I may ask?
Did you get them from a record store, ZTT, ordered elsewhere ...


You can't imagine how I regret to have given all these vinyls away. :?

User avatar
Issey Miyake
Posts: 625
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 8:23 pm
Contact:

#25 Post by Issey Miyake »

I absolutely love Rage Hard :wink:

User avatar
Flaffer
Posts: 3897
Joined: Wed 05 Nov 2003, 4:14 pm
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

#26 Post by Flaffer »

I always thought their second album was very underrated and nowhere near the artistic disaster it was made out to be. Perhaps it was backlash time. does anyone know what level of commercial success it achieved ?

Welcome to the Pleasuredome was the first album I owned/received as a present and I remember that last track with a Prince Charles impersonator talking about orgasms and being confused as to what he was on about. I was thinking of asking my parents but was too scared as I thought it might be something rude
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

LittleBummerBoy

#27 Post by LittleBummerBoy »

Neither Rage Hard or Liverpool made No.1.

I had to hide Relax under my bed because there was so much fuss about it being banned by the BBC. I knew my parents would disapprove, and they did!

My mum decided to clean under my bed and my smutty twelve inches of maximum joy was uncovered. "Did you know he had this record?" my Dad demanded of my mum. She did now.

Amazingly, they let me keep it, and play it in front of my younger sister too.

Not only that, but when Two Tribes came out my Dad said it was a good record and "better than most of the rubbish in the top 40 these days." :lol:

User avatar
Flaffer
Posts: 3897
Joined: Wed 05 Nov 2003, 4:14 pm
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

#28 Post by Flaffer »

I like your Dads comments LBB, is he a PSB fan by any chance ? did the Relax 12" have that slightly risque cover with the illustration of two people in leather wear?
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

bigboy

#29 Post by bigboy »

I seem to remember Watching The Wildlife barely made the top 40.

User avatar
Avalon
Posts: 1927
Joined: Fri 07 Nov 2003, 8:39 am
Contact:

#30 Post by Avalon »

Does any one of you ladies or BB own the Power Of Love dildo per chance?

Post Reply