George Michael retiring
- RaciePSB
- Posts: 1052
- Joined: Sat 15 Nov 2003, 8:32 am
- Contact:
George Michael retiring
Still not sure what to think about this, but his statements have made a huge impression on me.
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/03/ ... 67884.html
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/03/ ... 67884.html
Rachel
Happily PSB-obsessed since 1986
Happily PSB-obsessed since 1986
- glennjridge
- Posts: 8205
- Joined: Sat 01 Nov 2003, 9:28 pm
that sounds like the kind of statement someone makes when they are full of themselves. everything has to be so melodramatic with some of these entertainers. last tours,last albums all that nonsense. we have heard it all before by so many groups. I will say what he mentioned about just having his music on the net is something I suggested to the PSB(only I assume the PSB would charge) on their questions site that they should sell some rare or unreleased stuff on thier store site, so if george does that it might be cool.
eitherway, its hard for me to get excited about GM anymore for some reason. he just seems.....over. he is only 40? he looks alot older.
eitherway, its hard for me to get excited about GM anymore for some reason. he just seems.....over. he is only 40? he looks alot older.
-
Eldritch
- Posts: 4050
- Joined: Wed 10 Dec 2003, 8:24 am
- Deschanel
- Posts: 2369
- Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 7:23 pm
George Michael is a talented singer with a voice from God who's chosen to waste half his career in lawsuits and blame and diva attitudes, rather than making awesome records.
What ever happened to this guy? He had the goodwill of most of the world, and he squandered it in litigation and a sort of victim posture.
So a dramatic announcement of "retirement" must be his latest hissy-fit.
Why doesn't the sulky queen go work in a Greek diner then- I adore chicken souvlaki.
But the bitch better get the tziki sauce right! And hurry up George!
What ever happened to this guy? He had the goodwill of most of the world, and he squandered it in litigation and a sort of victim posture.
So a dramatic announcement of "retirement" must be his latest hissy-fit.
Why doesn't the sulky queen go work in a Greek diner then- I adore chicken souvlaki.
But the bitch better get the tziki sauce right! And hurry up George!
- thomashenry
- Posts: 397
- Joined: Fri 05 Mar 2004, 12:23 am
glennjridge wrote:that sounds like the kind of statement someone makes when they are full of themselves. everything has to be so melodramatic with some of these entertainers. last tours,last albums all that nonsense. we have heard it all before by so many groups. I will say what he mentioned about just having his music on the net is something I suggested to the PSB(only I assume the PSB would charge) on their questions site that they should sell some rare or unreleased stuff on thier store site, so if george does that it might be cool.
eitherway, its hard for me to get excited about GM anymore for some reason. he just seems.....over. he is only 40? he looks alot older.
Oh, come on. We all KNOW you're known12 under a new alias. We all KNOW you're only saying so because he insulted your precious Dubya in Shoot The Dog
-
Kris
- Posts: 1162
- Joined: Sat 08 Nov 2003, 11:22 am
Poor old George Michael. It must be so stressful for him having to release an album once every seven years.
Basically he's run out of ideas musically. I like a lot of his early solo stuff such as A Different Corner and Praying For Time but apart from the odd decent tune, like FastLove, none of his latter day songs have done much for me at all.
Basically he's run out of ideas musically. I like a lot of his early solo stuff such as A Different Corner and Praying For Time but apart from the odd decent tune, like FastLove, none of his latter day songs have done much for me at all.
Passion, love, sex, money, violence, religion, injustice and death. More on that story later.
- Shopper
- Posts: 2350
- Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 12:52 pm
- Contact:
I dont think he's full of himself or anything, just stating what is going on his mind at the moment and he is very candid about the fact that he made loads of money and that is not the motivating factor anymore. Whether he stuff he puts for free download would be as creative, is ofcourse another point, but then we can always associate quality with GM, so no worries about that.
Unlike that Prince Chap
Unlike that Prince Chap
- shamelessbehave
- Posts: 1518
- Joined: Thu 06 Nov 2003, 2:27 pm
That´s why Neil says of himself that he is not famous and he enjoys it. He said this on a VIVA interview.
http://www.myspace.com/shamelesssilvia
"It´s fundamental that we do only exist in our own universe. When you like Pet Shop Boys, you are in our world. This is absolutely crucial to our entire outlook...what we do has an incredibly strong identity and applies only to us. It´s a case of not recognising the existence of anybody else!". Neil Tennant.
"It´s fundamental that we do only exist in our own universe. When you like Pet Shop Boys, you are in our world. This is absolutely crucial to our entire outlook...what we do has an incredibly strong identity and applies only to us. It´s a case of not recognising the existence of anybody else!". Neil Tennant.
- glennjridge
- Posts: 8205
- Joined: Sat 01 Nov 2003, 9:28 pm
- Deschanel
- Posts: 2369
- Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 7:23 pm
Well that's the price you pay when you post in another thread that gay people ought to be grateful to tiny indulgences like "Will & Grace", like we're a minstrel show -yes massah!glennjridge wrote:I wish people wouild stop accusing me of being other people. so far I have been called zeus,joe durst and known12.
and you declare gay relationships shouldn't be recognized cos most hicks like you think that's the way it should be , and the Bible tells you so.
You Are sort of a jerk, and you're so out of what "kind" people consider civil, and on a PSB website-
You oughta be ashamed. Stuff it.
- glennjridge
- Posts: 8205
- Joined: Sat 01 Nov 2003, 9:28 pm
- Ray
- Posts: 1133
- Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 6:32 am
I bought "Patience" yesterday -- normally these days I first download new albums and check if they're worth their price, but hey, it's George Michael, I couldn't wait.
So far, I can't decide whether I like the album or not. Most of the songs are unstructured, they don't seem to have verses and choruses, nor do they seem to have any hooks. It sounds like "Freeek" and "Shoot the dog" are the most hit-y material on the record, actually. I also like "Go to the city" a lot, but that's mostly because -- I'm afraid -- it's actually George singing over "Flawless" by The Ones. "Precious box" is very uptempo, very very very well produced and has a very good lyric, but I can't detect a chorus there either.
I guess there will be two more singles -- "John and Elvis are dead" and "Go to the city" or "Precious box". Nothing else sounds like a single to me. If I had to review the album in one sentence after hearing it twice, I'd say: "yeah, I guess it's very nice... can you PLEASE call Andrew Ridgeley?"
Update after third listen: "John and Elvis are dead" has the best lyric since, um, "Older" I guess.
So far, I can't decide whether I like the album or not. Most of the songs are unstructured, they don't seem to have verses and choruses, nor do they seem to have any hooks. It sounds like "Freeek" and "Shoot the dog" are the most hit-y material on the record, actually. I also like "Go to the city" a lot, but that's mostly because -- I'm afraid -- it's actually George singing over "Flawless" by The Ones. "Precious box" is very uptempo, very very very well produced and has a very good lyric, but I can't detect a chorus there either.
I guess there will be two more singles -- "John and Elvis are dead" and "Go to the city" or "Precious box". Nothing else sounds like a single to me. If I had to review the album in one sentence after hearing it twice, I'd say: "yeah, I guess it's very nice... can you PLEASE call Andrew Ridgeley?"
Update after third listen: "John and Elvis are dead" has the best lyric since, um, "Older" I guess.
<a href="http://www.myspace.com/raygrantmusic">(I wonder why) My career's in danger?!</a>
-
bigboy
- glennjridge
- Posts: 8205
- Joined: Sat 01 Nov 2003, 9:28 pm
who unplugged your hole so you can slither out and bother me some more? you can stick your head up your mothers arse for all I care.
most people here quite frankly have lives and dont post on virtually every topic like some kind of lonely shut in looking for someone,anyone to talk to.
you really *are* sad. rent boy.
most people here quite frankly have lives and dont post on virtually every topic like some kind of lonely shut in looking for someone,anyone to talk to.
you really *are* sad. rent boy.