Glastonbury 2000: Some questions

For discussion and photos of PSB live performances.
DJ Pat

Glastonbury 2000: Some questions

#1 Post by DJ Pat »

I just watched this show in full whilst actually paying attention.

At the end Neil namechecks two extra musicians, keyboards and percussion, who were they?

I was unaware that they were on before Travis, which I felt was awful planning. The NME (or was it Melody maker? Same shit publication whatever) commented that there was a mass exodus of the crowd during the first half of the show, which can be seen, though but wasn't as bad as they made out.
A big insult was having a clearly off-her-face Cerys Matthews attempting the Dusty part of ''What have I done to deserve this?''..What did we do to deserve that?

The soundcheck must have included ''Positive Role Model'' because the rumours before the show were that Barry White was going to appear! As it turned out, that song sounded pretty bad anyhow.

Sylvia Mason James destroyed ''It's a sin'' with ''I will survive'' (not her fault though).

Have I missed anything else?

Danger

Re: Glastonbury 2000: Some questions

#2 Post by Danger »

DJ Pat wrote:At the end Neil namechecks two extra musicians, keyboards and percussion, who were they?
Peter Schwarz: musical director of the NL tour and keyboardist as Pete Gleadall in the last 2 tours plus Danny Cummings the percussionist.
Sylvia Mason James destroyed ''It's a sin'' with ''I will survive'' (not her fault though).
Why? I love her way to sing (I even own her solo 12'' album)

DJ Pat

#3 Post by DJ Pat »

Danger wrote:
DJ Pat wrote:At the end Neil namechecks two extra musicians, keyboards and percussion, who were they?
Peter Schwarz: musical director of the NL tour and keyboardist as Pete Gleadall in the last 2 tours plus Danny Cummings the percussionist.
If you watch it, you'll hear that it is neither of those people.

Firthy2002

#4 Post by Firthy2002 »

He namechecks Dawn Adams on percussion and Paul Bakehurst(? - can't clearly hear the surname) on keyboards.
-=Firthy2002=-
------------------
Twitter

markreed

#5 Post by markreed »

I was there. You'll notice a man in the BBC coverage dressed all in white during "It's A Sin". That's me in an onepiece industrial painting outfit.

Yes, they were on before Travis. An appalling decision. A lot of the crowd walked off after PSB finished as Travis and PSB should have swapped. Positive role model was performed and sounded fine to me. Cerys? I thought it was Patsy Kensit with the mike switched off at the time. No idea who it actually was until I watched at home later.

Any other questions?

pisces

#6 Post by pisces »

there was a Q cd with 'young offender' purportedly from this show but i was *there* and i don't remember it! what was the full setlist? anyone know? it was a bloody great show i thought.

Flaffer

#7 Post by Flaffer »

I was there, they did do Young Offender (IIRC) the sound was pretty good. Them being before Travis was ridiculous but thats Glastonbury for you, it is always very concerned with flavours of the day
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

Flaffer

#8 Post by Flaffer »

although in all fairness to Travis they did do a good set
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

DJ Pat

#9 Post by DJ Pat »

^Wasn't that the 'ironic' rock moment when it started raining during ''Why does it always rain on me?''

goughsjd

#11 Post by goughsjd »

did they do paninaro at glastonbury ? if they did ive never seen it . . .
    Wolverhampton '02 / Gateshead '06 / Wolverhampton Civic '07 / Birmingham NIA '09 / London 02 '13 / Birmingham LG '14 / Glasgow Armadillo '17 / Birmingham Barclaycard Arena '17 / Garden ‘18 / Musik Bijou Edinburgh '19

agent doris

#12 Post by agent doris »

They did, but it was never shown on any of the coverage

goughsjd

#13 Post by goughsjd »

yeh i htought as much : (

wonder if any one was there and manage it to catch it !
      Wolverhampton '02 / Gateshead '06 / Wolverhampton Civic '07 / Birmingham NIA '09 / London 02 '13 / Birmingham LG '14 / Glasgow Armadillo '17 / Birmingham Barclaycard Arena '17 / Garden ‘18 / Musik Bijou Edinburgh '19

stevebr20012

#14 Post by stevebr20012 »

I have mp3s of this concert for:

Young offender
      I don't know what you want but I can't give it any more
      Suburbia
      Can you forgive her?
      Left to my own devices
      Se a vida e
      Rent
      You only tell me you love me when you're drunk
      Paninaro
      New York city boy
      Positive Role Model
      What have I done to deserve this?
      Always on my mind
      It's a sin
      West End girls
      Go West.

Don't know if there were any others played but most of this was across UK Play and the BBC.

Paninaro is decent sound quality so must be from a professional source but there are some problems with Chris's vocals at the start.

DJ Pat

#15 Post by DJ Pat »

^Must be honest that some versions of them songs were quite poor, ie. Positive Role Model was all over the place