80s reunions- what would you like to see!

For 'Off Topic' and non-PSB music threads.
Message
Author
User avatar
shamelessboyuk
Posts: 781
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 5:02 pm

#16 Post by shamelessboyuk »

technotrancemix wrote:The Spands and FGTH have already made a reunion but not as people hoped. I think they are for TV documentaries.
Presumably the VH1 Bands Reunited thing that's supposed to be starting March 29th. It makes sense now.

User avatar
amhilde
Posts: 830
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 6:40 pm
Contact:

#17 Post by amhilde »

Bands Reunited- they actually got FGTH to show up together. As for Spandau Ballet- that I read in The Sun ( hey i also read the Guardian so no judgement on either paper of preference- btw thats the Mail when im in town :P ) and it had some long story about how they were finally able to put the differences behind them. Sounds like more than a one off thing for a telly show. Bands Reunited also got Kajagoogoo back together too.

Lethe- I agree, it is rather tragic- somehow a sad commentary on the world if we need 80s bands to reform to provide us with hopefully interesting music. Or at least care about music. But some of them, yeah I wouldnt mind seeing just once.

should add:

ABC and Wham!- wow Wham- how funny woudl it be to see George up there all polished with poor ole Andrew in the back looking washed up!
*with club sauce*

User avatar
Steve Fett
Posts: 1867
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 2:13 pm

#18 Post by Steve Fett »

bigboy wrote:
Steve Fett wrote:tragically camp - Bananarama reform with Siobhean (or even Jacqui....hell, why not all 4 members !!) Get the vodka out and those campy dance routines !!!!
Yes, and Kylie Minogue can be the support act :roll:
hey, if its tragically camp - why not throw you in as well !! :wink:
what a performance tonight, should I react or turn off the light ?

User avatar
Undertaker
Posts: 8984
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 8:16 pm

#19 Post by Undertaker »

O.M.D i doubt will reform as a duo, they detest each other. K.L.F would be awesome and it will happen.

Dave

User avatar
StevePSB
Site Admin
Posts: 4953
Joined: Wed 08 Jan 2003, 2:01 am
Been thanked: 2 times
Contact:

#20 Post by StevePSB »

The KLF would be good. I enjoyed '***k the millennium' back in 1997, but I doubt we'll see any more of them to be honest.

I'd like to see Madness continue their releases. Seems to have gone quiet since the 'Wonderful' album of 1999, though I'd imagaine they're still gigging - they never really stopped!

Electronic would be good, but as far as I'm aware they had a semi falling out didn't they, so I imagine it's doubtful.

I'll have to have a think as to any more that aren't already mentioned here...


StevePSB

User avatar
amhilde
Posts: 830
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 6:40 pm
Contact:

#21 Post by amhilde »

Dave Mate- Yeah, well everyone used to think the Tears for Fears blokes hated each other too. Miracles Happen! :P
*with club sauce*

User avatar
mindboy
Posts: 1302
Joined: Tue 28 Oct 2003, 10:46 pm
Contact:

Re: 80s reunions- what would you like to see!

#22 Post by mindboy »

amhilde wrote:Shamelessboyuk and I were talking this over this morning after I mentioned that Spandau Ballet are now also reforming a la Tears for Fears and Duran Duran in an attempt to get in on the nostalgia craze. So we talked about what groups you would REALLY like to see reformed. Mine were:

Orchestral Manoeuvers in the Dark

KLF


Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
Absolutely agreed: OMD & the KLF.
Chris Heath: Why you're surfing?
Chris Lowe: Coz we can!
Neil Tennant: Exactly. :D
(Performance commentary during What have I done to deserve this??)

User avatar
Ronald42
Posts: 2237
Joined: Sat 08 Feb 2003, 11:04 am
Contact:

#23 Post by Ronald42 »

O.M.D. would be good

Level 42 would be GREAT

FGTH shouldn't reform they're a legend and must stay that way.

Ronald
THE FUTURE THAT YOU ANTICIPATED HAS BEEN CANCELLED

fredot

#24 Post by fredot »

The Associates ....
Fad Gadget ....
back from the graves of course ...

One of my fav was Shrieckback, but I think that they are still doing records ....

bigboy

#25 Post by bigboy »

Undertaker wrote:O.M.D i doubt will reform as a duo, they detest each other. K.L.F would be awesome and it will happen.

Dave
Paul and Andy reunited to work on some remixes for the last OMD Hits album and spin-off single, actually.

Amhilde, the VH1 Kajagoogoo reunion is sans Mr Softy Shower (aka Limahl :wink: )

And Martin Fry still continues the ABC name, but yeah, it would be much better if all four original members reunited. I'd love to see The Lexicon Of Love performed in its entirety, with an encore of six of their other big hits.

User avatar
Shopper
Posts: 2350
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 12:52 pm
Contact:

#26 Post by Shopper »

Have the Human League spilt or no ? if yes, then thats a fab reunion I'd like.

Also ABBA *ofcourse they were 70s* but still, pop music as we know it, has a lot to do with what I consider the 'fab 4' have done and left behind as their legacy. I guess they wouldnt be arsed about any new project, but its my fantasy they do something..
Left to my own devices, I probably would...

https://www.instagram.com/chit2clix/

bigboy

#27 Post by bigboy »

The four ABBA members got together a couple of years ago to perform a song at a private birthday party for a friend. Just before that, they rejected a ONE BILLION dollar offer from an American promoter for a tour. :(

Human League have never split.

bigboy

#28 Post by bigboy »

I hear even the bloody Pogues are going to reunite. I'd prefer Blancmange, actually.

And this just in - an electo80s supergroup:

OMD mainman PAUL HUMPHRIES has announced that he has formed a new band with his partner former PROPAGANDA singer CLAUDIA BRUCKEN. The band 'OneTwo' will initially release a five-track EP which will also feature vocals from DEPECHE MODE songwriter MARTIN GORE. Humphries and Brucken have also fomed a label 'ThereThere Records' whose first release will be a collaboration between Brucken and pianist Andrew Poppy that will include cover versions of songs by artists as diverse as KATE BUSH and RADIOHEAD

fredot

#29 Post by fredot »

bigboy wrote:I hear even the bloody Pogues are going to reunite. I'd prefer Blancmange, actually.

And this just in - an electo80s supergroup:

OMD mainman PAUL HUMPHRIES has announced that he has formed a new band with his partner former PROPAGANDA singer CLAUDIA BRUCKEN. The band 'OneTwo' will initially release a five-track EP which will also feature vocals from DEPECHE MODE songwriter MARTIN GORE. Humphries and Brucken have also fomed a label 'ThereThere Records' whose first release will be a collaboration between Brucken and pianist Andrew Poppy that will include cover versions of songs by artists as diverse as KATE BUSH and RADIOHEAD
Blancmange was a fantastic group !! What happen to these pre-petshopboys ?

The project with Humphries and Claudia Brucken is interesting .. Sounds like the good old times of the ZTT label !!!

bigboy

#30 Post by bigboy »

I've never heard of what happened to the Blancmange guys. I played Living On The Ceiling yesterday, and I'd forgotten what a fantastic record it is.

As for ZTT, well it was Poppy also on that label, not Humphries!

Happy birthday, btw. Maybe we'll go to The Hoist with Y soon? :P
Last edited by bigboy on Mon 22 Mar 2004, 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply