Star Wars original trilogy finally on DVD
-
Eldritch
- Posts: 4050
- Joined: Wed 10 Dec 2003, 8:24 am
Actually what I was trying to say was this: I hate this way of thinking that EVERYONE should like or buy something. That's exactly what Lucasfilm is trying to make us believe - that Star Wars are such a cultural monument that everyone should buy them. They are not. Because nothing really is. I think everyone should be proud to like whatever they like and spend their money on that. It's no-one duty to buy the Star Wars box set, or LOTR or Citizen Kane or whatever. Not even Pet Shop Boys albums. Love what you love, but don't make it a cultural imperative for everyone else to love it as well.
Click click drone
- Your Funny Uncle
- Posts: 2143
- Joined: Wed 08 Jan 2003, 1:55 am
-
Technotrancemix
- Your Funny Uncle
- Posts: 2143
- Joined: Wed 08 Jan 2003, 1:55 am
-
Technotrancemix
- Markpro
- Posts: 686
- Joined: Sat 20 Mar 2004, 4:53 am
The reason George Lucas didn't want them on DVD was because he alwasy said he was going to release them on DVD in order, But he has changed his mind so by christmas 2004 there will be a massive charge to the tills for the box set of episode 4,5,6 and the fourth dvd which is huge bonus disc, then by christmas 2005 episode 3 ( rise of the empire i think it'll be called )will be out on DVD which will make him evenmore money. a very clever marketing ploy from the master of the action figure movies.
I've been a Teenager since before you were born.
are the box sets any good?, I've looked at them for a while but so far have only bought the movie and an individual disctechnotrancemix wrote:Don't like SW. I'll stick to my Transformers box sets - I must get the 4th one as it's been out for ages!!!
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.
- Steve Fett
- Posts: 1867
- Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 2:13 pm
Ditto !!! I love ALL 5 films so far too (AOTC and ESB being my faves)DJCulture wrote:Can't wait for the DVD release. It's about time. Thank Gawd we haven't got to wait until 2006 or 2007.
I think I must be the only person on the planet that actually likes all 5 Star Wars episodes (so far).
I think so far they all work well as a saga...both OT and PT have there advantages (hence my name, Fett!!)
what a performance tonight, should I react or turn off the light ?
- Steve Fett
- Posts: 1867
- Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 2:13 pm
definately - people see it as the best trilogy of the 80's vs the "other" StarWars movies that are "ruined with too much CG !!! hehehe....DJCulture wrote:I think a lot of people will re-evaluate the prequel trilogy once it's complete.
oh please, its the CG that makes these type of movies the visual masterpieces that they are. So many talented people have done such brilliant work on Episodes 1 and 2 (and 3), and the artform is one to trully admire ! Brilliant work indeed...
what a performance tonight, should I react or turn off the light ?
- Your Funny Uncle
- Posts: 2143
- Joined: Wed 08 Jan 2003, 1:55 am
While I think that episode 1 is the weakest of the 5 films released so far, I have still enjoyed the new films immensely. Episode 2 is great. I love the little details like bit where you see the early design of the death star...
Having said that, the sequence near the end of episode 2 where Amidala is flung from the transport, and is lying prone on the floor, then a trooper asks if she's alright, and she suddenly springs up as though nothing has happened, is pretty poor...
Having said that, the sequence near the end of episode 2 where Amidala is flung from the transport, and is lying prone on the floor, then a trooper asks if she's alright, and she suddenly springs up as though nothing has happened, is pretty poor...
- morrison
- Posts: 199
- Joined: Wed 03 Dec 2003, 1:42 pm
- Contact:
-
Technotrancemix