'Won' a very rare vinyl

For 'Off Topic' and non-PSB music threads.
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
StevePSB
Site Admin
Posts: 4953
Joined: Wed 08 Jan 2003, 2:01 am
Been thanked: 2 times
Contact:

'Won' a very rare vinyl

#1 Post by StevePSB »

I bought the 180g re-issue of 'Quartet' by Ultravox. If you bought from Vinyl180 you were in with the chance of getting one of just one hundred copies pressed on clear vinyl.

Never for a second did I think I might get one of the hundred, but I did! Makes a change for me to have a bit of luck!

Now, the question is - I really want to, but do I open it? :lol:

Image


StevePSB

User avatar
Flaffer
Posts: 3897
Joined: Wed 05 Nov 2003, 4:14 pm
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: 'Won' a very rare vinyl

#2 Post by Flaffer »

Nice one. Looks like a great package
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

User avatar
StevePSB
Site Admin
Posts: 4953
Joined: Wed 08 Jan 2003, 2:01 am
Been thanked: 2 times
Contact:

Re: 'Won' a very rare vinyl

#3 Post by StevePSB »

I'm sure it'd look even better if I had the guts to open it! There's a 7" single in there too.

It makes you laugh, all this preciousness about things being 'sealed'. My Japanese 'Behaviour' box is still sealed because I don't want to devalue / 'spoil' it by opening it.

In both these cases, I'd really love to!


StevePSB

User avatar
ZiggyPSB
Posts: 2353
Joined: Tue 13 Mar 2007, 11:05 am

Re: 'Won' a very rare vinyl

#4 Post by ZiggyPSB »

If there's songs on it you can't find anywhere else besides YouTube uploads, I'd say open it.
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
Image
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

User avatar
dynamobjornen
Posts: 652
Joined: Fri 10 May 2013, 7:27 am
Contact:

Re: 'Won' a very rare vinyl

#5 Post by dynamobjornen »

Open both of them, you have only one life, enjoy them both in full! Never really got into Ultravox myself but Rage in eden is quite good!
"Sometimes someone gets upset doesn't hear the laughter takes it as a threat".

User avatar
StevePSB
Site Admin
Posts: 4953
Joined: Wed 08 Jan 2003, 2:01 am
Been thanked: 2 times
Contact:

Re: 'Won' a very rare vinyl

#6 Post by StevePSB »

I do get frustrated by not being able to enjoy my own purchases when they're devalued by opening them. It's a rather sad indictment on humans in general that such shallowness abounds. What is the point of having a beautiful item that you can't even look at? What is the point of a buyer of a 'used' item thinking the same? Are items such as these destined to never see the light of day? I'm getting a bit deep! :lol:

Ultravox were my first ever favourite band, way back in the early 80's. I'm always surprised that PSB fans don't seem to be into them as much as me as Ultravox, whilst having a rock edge, were always very electronic. Maybe it's the 'rock' element that puts some off. I also find it puzzling they they were not more successful back in the day, as all four of them are very, very talented musicians. Maybe they just weren't pretty enough in times when looks were starting to be more important than talent if you wanted to become mainstream.


StevePSB

User avatar
Hmmm
Posts: 3805
Joined: Sat 06 Dec 2003, 4:47 pm

Re: 'Won' a very rare vinyl

#7 Post by Hmmm »

Nice one Steve, the question should be are you going to sell them if not open them if yes sell them now then you don't have to worry about them simple.
They make a little go along way.. very Minimal but Fundamental.

User avatar
raggatwin
Posts: 4188
Joined: Thu 18 Dec 2003, 4:31 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: 'Won' a very rare vinyl

#8 Post by raggatwin »

I prefer the John Foxx years
Hello my name is Neil Tennant and I'm Chris Lowe and we're of the Pet Shop Boys.

Post Reply