"What is Super?"

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
geowayne

"What is Super?"

#1 Post by geowayne »

OK, this may have nothing to do with the Pet Shop Boys, but I had an experience a little while ago that's really got me wondering.

I search "Pet Shop Boys" on YouTube almost everyday. And, as you probably know, YouTube tracks your interests and will often deliver short ads to you, which will play just before your videos, based on your apparent interests. Well, I was conducting a search a little while ago for something else altogether, and before I could play the resulting video, I got a short YouTube ad that simply displayed flashing bright colors and the word "SUPER" in a circle, with a very dynamic synthpop instrumental fanfare raging in the background, like it was leading to something exciting. The ad was titled "What is Super?" And that was it. It ended with nothing more, nothing regarding what it was all about. It was just a teaser of some sort, designed to get you wondering and to get people talking.

And, to be honest, that synthpop instrumental fanfare sounded, at least to my ears, somewhat PSB-ish.

I've tried repeatedly to call up that same ad again, but without luck. I haven't been able to see it again, at least not yet. I haven't even had any luck searching for it specifically in YouTube or Googling it.

So now I'm wondering -- could this be some sort of teaser for the new PSB album? Will the new album be titled Super? Does anyone else know anything about this one way or the other?

As I said, maybe this has nothing whatsoever to do with the Boys -- but, then again, who knows?

Of course, I'm not one to start rumors.... ;-)

boyjohn

Re: "What is Super?"

#2 Post by boyjohn »

maybe something to do with the super bowl? although the PSB angle sounds cool
“Unless you consciously include, you will unconsciously exclude”
-Stephen Frost

jules

#3 Post by jules »

The most up album... Super... Circles, just as in the christmas card, that should be linked to the new album cover art...

What you say, Geowayne, is super mysterious and exciting.

jules

#5 Post by jules »

Maybe i'm wrong, but it sounds really psb.

No, after several listen, i have no doubt. Thanks a lot Geowayne.

MikeyC

#6 Post by MikeyC »

OMG this is exciting!! Thanks for bringing it to our attention, geowayne!! B)

verbow79

#7 Post by verbow79 »

Wow, thanks GeoWayne. I am 100% confident that is PSB's new album SUPER. Sounds like Stuart Price is really taking it up a notch...exciting times!

jules

#8 Post by jules »

A bit similar to Axis, but sounds far more fresh and aerial though.

Palpatine

#9 Post by Palpatine »

boyjohn wrote:maybe something to do with the super bowl? although the PSB angle sounds cool
I doubt it has anything to do with the Super Bowl. When I copied the link to my e-mail it read "1 PM GMT January 21". Well, Super Bowl 50 will be held on February 7. Also, I don't think an ad for an American sporting event would mention the time as GMT. That's a British thing. It would be EST. The only thing that doesn't seem British is "January 21". Don't the British usually write a date as "21 January". I'm 80 percent sure it's PSB. We'll find out in six days.

boyjohn

#10 Post by boyjohn »

Palpatine wrote:
boyjohn wrote:maybe something to do with the super bowl? although the PSB angle sounds cool
I doubt it has anything to do with the Super Bowl. When I copied the link to my e-mail it read "1 PM GMT January 21". Well, Super Bowl 50 will be held on February 7. Also, I don't think an ad for an American sporting event would mention the time as GMT. That's a British thing. It would be EST. The only thing that doesn't seem British is "January 21". Don't the British usually write a date as "21 January". I'm 80 percent sure it's PSB. We'll find out in six days.
ya, i hadn't seen the website yet when i said that, GMT is british, but it's also used as a kind of 'universal" time too isn't it? i guess we will find out in a few days.
-Stephen Frost

boyjohn

#11 Post by boyjohn »

well, that website works on .co and .co.uk but not on .com so that would imply that whatever it is, it is of UK origin, so hmmm
-Stephen Frost

DJ Pat

#12 Post by DJ Pat »

It's gotta be, 99%

If not, then who the hell is it?

boyjohn

#13 Post by boyjohn »

Oh my, look at this

-Stephen Frost

MikeyC

#14 Post by MikeyC »

boyjohn wrote:Oh my, look at this

Well it seems that would seal the deal! :o

Palpatine

#15 Post by Palpatine »

Based on the above I'll amend my previous estimate to 99% sure it's PSB.