Kosheen
- Leeds City Boy
- Posts: 783
- Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 11:28 pm
Kosheen
Saw them play an excellent gig in Leeds last night, a combination of their early drum and bass sound mixed with the more rockier edge of their recent stuff produced a sound not a million miles away from New Order and mid 90s Depeche Mode when Dave Gahan went all nuts.
Their first album 'Resist' is one of the best dance albums of recent years if you haven't got it yet.
Their first album 'Resist' is one of the best dance albums of recent years if you haven't got it yet.
- Steve Fett
- Posts: 1867
- Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 2:13 pm
- andmaste
- Posts: 2058
- Joined: Wed 19 Nov 2003, 8:02 am
- Contact:
-
Kris
- Posts: 1162
- Joined: Sat 08 Nov 2003, 11:22 am
'Resist' is indeed a brilliant album - one of the most musically exciting I've heard for years. The follow-up, though, is a let-down by comparison. It tries to be more song-based but lacks the charm of the debut. Too many tracks just drift by without really capturing the imagination.
Having said that, I would love to see them in concert because the rock-dance combination always sounds fantastic live.
Having said that, I would love to see them in concert because the rock-dance combination always sounds fantastic live.
Passion, love, sex, money, violence, religion, injustice and death. More on that story later.
- shamelessbehave
- Posts: 1518
- Joined: Thu 06 Nov 2003, 2:27 pm
I like Kosheen very much,once I saw them on MTV performing live and I was amazed of how good they were. And the record is great.
http://www.myspace.com/shamelesssilvia
"It´s fundamental that we do only exist in our own universe. When you like Pet Shop Boys, you are in our world. This is absolutely crucial to our entire outlook...what we do has an incredibly strong identity and applies only to us. It´s a case of not recognising the existence of anybody else!". Neil Tennant.
"It´s fundamental that we do only exist in our own universe. When you like Pet Shop Boys, you are in our world. This is absolutely crucial to our entire outlook...what we do has an incredibly strong identity and applies only to us. It´s a case of not recognising the existence of anybody else!". Neil Tennant.
- Steve Fett
- Posts: 1867
- Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 2:13 pm
- transforce
- Posts: 1586
- Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 12:46 pm
- Contact:
- spongeg
- Posts: 353
- Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 4:42 am
- mantooth
- Posts: 447
- Joined: Tue 28 Oct 2003, 5:53 pm
I caught them in Glasgow in 2002. One of the best shows I'd ever seen. Really good stage presence. Then I saw them in Manchester when they were previewing "Kokopelli." Still a great show, but I wasn't as fond of the songs... All in all, I was just happy to see a band I knew I'd never get the chance to see here in the States.

