An officially released PSB track that's impossible to find online

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Message
Author
User avatar
daveid
Posts: 2687
Joined: Sat 11 Feb 2006, 9:38 am
Contact:

An officially released PSB track that's impossible to find online

#1 Post by daveid » Mon 23 Oct 2017, 11:29 pm

This is a long-overdue question but does anyone know why the demo of I'm with stupid has never surfaced on youtube? In 11 years I have never heard it despite it being officially released with Fundy on i-Tunes. I can't understand how with scores of official and unreleased tracks on youtube that this track is NEVER available. It wasn't even put on Fundy FL. Any clues?

User avatar
psbfannyc
Posts: 845
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 7:24 pm
Contact:

Re: An officially released PSB track that's impossible to find online

#2 Post by psbfannyc » Mon 23 Oct 2017, 11:32 pm

Oprah: "Caller you say what?"

User avatar
Greendrake
Posts: 382
Joined: Wed 29 Oct 2003, 6:56 pm
Contact:

Re: An officially released PSB track that's impossible to find online

#3 Post by Greendrake » Mon 23 Oct 2017, 11:53 pm

Well, you can be the first one to put it on Youtube if you've got the balls :lol:

Future Lover
Posts: 406
Joined: Mon 14 Jul 2014, 1:04 am
Contact:

Re: An officially released PSB track that's impossible to find online

#4 Post by Future Lover » Tue 24 Oct 2017, 6:57 am

It's not that different, and it's pretty dull, to be honest. It's even still available to buy, on Qobuz for example.

TallThinMan
Posts: 705
Joined: Sun 04 Jun 2006, 6:50 pm
Contact:

Re: An officially released PSB track that's impossible to find online

#5 Post by TallThinMan » Thu 26 Oct 2017, 8:06 pm

I like it, it’s got a more laid-back feel than the released version, almost reggae-like.

TwizzleUK
Posts: 175
Joined: Sat 25 Feb 2006, 12:22 am
Contact:

Re: An officially released PSB track that's impossible to find online

#6 Post by TwizzleUK » Thu 26 Oct 2017, 10:48 pm

What about 'West End Girls (DJ Hell Mix)'? Released in edited form on the 'Flamboyant' 12", I bought the full length remix digitally (WMA) from Woolworth's online store. Three computers later, I still have the file and - I think - the licence key file, but Windows 10 has no means to verify or link the two - so it's so long since I last played it, I forgot what it sounds like, and there's no trace of it on YouTube. Wish I'd burnt it to at least 1 CD-R as an audio track so I could have re-ripped it without copy protection. Anyone else remember what this mix was like, or know of a (legal) place it can still be downloaded or streamed?

fac23
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu 24 Sep 2009, 11:01 am
Contact:

Re: An officially released PSB track that's impossible to find online

#7 Post by fac23 » Fri 27 Oct 2017, 7:59 am

The West End Girls full length mix is available on this official bootleg: https://www.discogs.com/Paid-Show-Boys- ... ase/327713

People in Europe should be able to buy the I'm with stupid demo in lossless on qobuz: http://www.qobuz.com/de-de/album/fundam ... 9997870456

TwizzleUK
Posts: 175
Joined: Sat 25 Feb 2006, 12:22 am
Contact:

Re: An officially released PSB track that's impossible to find online

#8 Post by TwizzleUK » Fri 27 Oct 2017, 1:42 pm

fac23 wrote:
Fri 27 Oct 2017, 7:59 am
The West End Girls full length mix is available on this official bootleg: https://www.discogs.com/Paid-Show-Boys- ... ase/327713
Any idea where I can get that mix on CD or digitally?


TwizzleUK
Posts: 175
Joined: Sat 25 Feb 2006, 12:22 am
Contact:

Re: An officially released PSB track that's impossible to find online

#10 Post by TwizzleUK » Fri 27 Oct 2017, 7:19 pm

fac23 wrote:
Fri 27 Oct 2017, 7:13 pm
Yeah, it's actually on the Blank & Jones RMX 2 compilation:
https://itunes.apple.com/de/album/rmx-2 ... 56423?l=en

also: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0063LJ9NY

Unfortunately, I'd have to buy the whole album for that one track, alas. Anyone know how to play DRM WMA files on Windows 10????

User avatar
Xakrij
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue 13 Dec 2016, 2:11 am
Contact:

Re: An officially released PSB track that's impossible to find online

#11 Post by Xakrij » Fri 27 Oct 2017, 8:02 pm

Hello...

Perhaps an online converter wouldn't require the DRM key :twisted:

https://www.online-convert.com/
...shot in the fatal cause of frock-and-droll

User avatar
NikacP0kac
Posts: 1363
Joined: Fri 10 May 2013, 12:55 am
Contact:

Re: An officially released PSB track that's impossible to find online

#12 Post by NikacP0kac » Fri 27 Oct 2017, 9:23 pm

TwizzleUK wrote:
Fri 27 Oct 2017, 7:19 pm
fac23 wrote:
Fri 27 Oct 2017, 7:13 pm
Yeah, it's actually on the Blank & Jones RMX 2 compilation:
https://itunes.apple.com/de/album/rmx-2 ... 56423?l=en

also: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0063LJ9NY

Unfortunately, I'd have to buy the whole album for that one track, alas. Anyone know how to play DRM WMA files on Windows 10????
DRM is long gone on iTunes, I think. You can play the files anywhere.
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

One of the crowd
Posts: 4497
Joined: Tue 28 Oct 2003, 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: An officially released PSB track that's impossible to find online

#13 Post by One of the crowd » Sat 28 Oct 2017, 9:29 am

Xakrij wrote:
Fri 27 Oct 2017, 8:02 pm
Hello...

Perhaps an online converter wouldn't require the DRM key :twisted:

https://www.online-convert.com/
Wouldnt convert the Sodom Demo originally downloaded from iTunes 12 years ago due to DRM
Fishing

TwizzleUK
Posts: 175
Joined: Sat 25 Feb 2006, 12:22 am
Contact:

Re: An officially released PSB track that's impossible to find online

#14 Post by TwizzleUK » Sat 28 Oct 2017, 11:52 am

NikacP0kac wrote:
Fri 27 Oct 2017, 9:23 pm
TwizzleUK wrote:
Fri 27 Oct 2017, 7:19 pm
fac23 wrote:
Fri 27 Oct 2017, 7:13 pm
Yeah, it's actually on the Blank & Jones RMX 2 compilation:
https://itunes.apple.com/de/album/rmx-2 ... 56423?l=en

also: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0063LJ9NY

Unfortunately, I'd have to buy the whole album for that one track, alas. Anyone know how to play DRM WMA files on Windows 10????
DRM is long gone on iTunes, I think. You can play the files anywhere.
But this track is a WMA file not from iTunes, so is still DRM protected. It errors out whenever it's clicked on, and Windows Media Player can no longer import the licence key.

trafaelwyr
Posts: 166
Joined: Sun 26 Jun 2011, 4:01 pm
Contact:

Re: An officially released PSB track that's impossible to find online

#15 Post by trafaelwyr » Sat 28 Oct 2017, 2:10 pm

TwizzleUK wrote:
Thu 26 Oct 2017, 10:48 pm
What about 'West End Girls (DJ Hell Mix)'?.....and there's no trace of it on YouTube.
really? After reading your post I went right to Youtube and found it.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], KingofRome, MikeyC, MSN [Bot], ryancannell, scousepsbfan, Solaar, Wish and 29 guests