Letter from Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
TallThinMan

Re: Letter from Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe

#16 Post by TallThinMan »

I completely disagree. I'm really interested in the published contents of this issue - it makes a nice change from the usual tour behind-the-scenes/album recording diary that was the standard fodder of Literally towards the end of its run.
TIERGARTEN's debut album BREAKING POINT is out now: https://linktr.ee/tiergartenmusic

goughsjd

#17 Post by goughsjd »

I’m
Looking forward to this years annually , tbh u think that The contents are pretty engaging as a fan !!
    Wolverhampton '02 / Gateshead '06 / Wolverhampton Civic '07 / Birmingham NIA '09 / London 02 '13 / Birmingham LG '14 / Glasgow Armadillo '17 / Birmingham Barclaycard Arena '17 / Garden ‘18 / Musik Bijou Edinburgh '19

Drico One

#18 Post by Drico One »

y3potential wrote: Sun 18 Feb 2018, 8:21 pm I couldn't agree more.
    TallThinMan wrote: Mon 19 Feb 2018, 10:44 am I completely disagree.
    Still got it.
    y3potential wrote: Sun 18 Feb 2018, 8:21 pm Incidentally does your intended lack of "outlay on PSB product this year" mean you are swerving the upcoming vinyl releases of the original albums..? I'm aware they are not essential purchases.
    I've no interest in vinyl whatsoever. I'll probably buy the CDs out of habit.

Drico.
    The pale kid that hides in the attic behind his PC...

Drico One

#19 Post by Drico One »

TallThinMan wrote: Mon 19 Feb 2018, 10:44 am I'm really interested in the published contents of this issue - it makes a nice change from the usual tour behind-the-scenes/album recording diary that was the standard fodder of Literally towards the end of its run.
    The diary is my favourite feature of Literally. The potent mix of light-touch detail about tracks we now have and song title leaks of tracks we do not is intoxicating. It's like a little sneak preview of a future that may never be by way of the past. Plus the mentions of incomplete songs that will never be released drive the completists mad (especially when considering Further Listenings of the future that will never be). Never a bad thing in my book.

Drico.

jasonjohn

#20 Post by jasonjohn »

last one seems to sell quite high on ebay

I imagine they wont have trouble shipping them

ArtHist

#21 Post by ArtHist »

[/quote]

Drico.
    [/quote]

I do wonder who the vinyl pressings are aimed at, they don't really offer anything new, I know original pressings of Bilingual and Release are difficult to come by but I'd prefer own the originals. The original of Yes is still readily available online so reissuing that is pointless. I'd be interested to know what the commercial returns are for the Boys with these vinyl reissues. Do the sales figures cover production costs?

TallThinMan

#22 Post by TallThinMan »

Drico One wrote: Mon 19 Feb 2018, 10:29 pm The diary is my favourite feature of Literally. The potent mix of light-touch detail about tracks we now have and song title leaks of tracks we do not is intoxicating. It's like a little sneak preview of a future that may never be by way of the past. Plus the mentions of incomplete songs that will never be released drive the completists mad (especially when considering Further Listenings of the future that will never be). Never a bad thing in my book.

Drico.
    Don’t get me wrong I do like the diary, but it can get a bit samey.

Tuesday, 13 February 2018.

Returned to London from Berlin. Went to dinner with Elton, David Walliams, Barbara Windsor and Chris Martin. Ed Sheeran was busking at the next table. Chris stayed late in the studio working on new song “Whinging Forum Bastards”. I think it could be a future b-side.
    TIERGARTEN's debut album BREAKING POINT is out now: https://linktr.ee/tiergartenmusic

Marie loves PSB

#23 Post by Marie loves PSB »

TallThinMan wrote: Wed 21 Feb 2018, 8:23 pm
    Drico One wrote: Mon 19 Feb 2018, 10:29 pm The diary is my favourite feature of Literally. The potent mix of light-touch detail about tracks we now have and song title leaks of tracks we do not is intoxicating. It's like a little sneak preview of a future that may never be by way of the past. Plus the mentions of incomplete songs that will never be released drive the completists mad (especially when considering Further Listenings of the future that will never be). Never a bad thing in my book.

Drico.

Returned to London from Berlin. Went to dinner with Elton, David Walliams, Barbara Windsor and Chris Martin. Ed Sheeran was busking at the next table. Chris stayed late in the studio working on new song “Whinging Forum Bastards”. I think it could be a future b-side.
    lol.... :clap: :lol: Like the new song name Chris stayed up late in the studio to do. I won't be buying the new Annually - I think it costs too much. I didn't buy the first either as I was too late (story of my life). I am very much waiting for the tour dates though! :up:

Pod

#24 Post by Pod »

ArtHist wrote: Tue 20 Feb 2018, 10:40 am

Drico.
    [/quote]

I do wonder who the vinyl pressings are aimed at, they don't really offer anything new, I know original pressings of Bilingual and Release are difficult to come by but I'd prefer own the originals. The original of Yes is still readily available online so reissuing that is pointless. I'd be interested to know what the commercial returns are for the Boys with these vinyl reissues. Do the sales figures cover production costs?
    [/quote]

I did notice fundamental, release and nightlife vinyl were in the recent HMV sale at a reduced price. One would presume they didn’t sell well.
    Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
    It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

carstenklein

#25 Post by carstenklein »

I absolutely adore Annually since day one, and it would never cross my mind missing out on one, even in a Pet-Shop-Boys-light-year, it will certainly have the odd fly on the wall info you won’t find anywhere else. What’s not to love?
    Last edited by carstenklein on Mon 26 Feb 2018, 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drico One

#26 Post by Drico One »

Whinging forum bastards (Tennant/Lowe)

The forum is quiet
    Too scared to surf alone
    Strangers in avatars
    Emoting in tomes

Tonight I've seen
    Another nasty claim
    Someone's been polling
    And nickname's got the blame

Polled, trolled
    I know what I've seen
    Whinging forum bastards
    They're so mean

Just give me
    One less
    One less churl
    Give me one less
    One less verb

Tonight

You're so extreme
    Your threads are oh so mean to me
    Come on, poll it one more time
    Then we'll find
    That you'll all just whine
    All just whine

I'll opine.

Bastards.

Marie loves PSB

#27 Post by Marie loves PSB »

Drico One wrote: Mon 26 Feb 2018, 9:06 pm

The forum is quiet
    Too scared to surf alone
    Strangers in avatars
    Emoting in tomes

Tonight I've seen
    Another nasty claim
    Someone's been polling

Polled, trolled
    I know what I've seen
    Whinging forum bastards
    They're so mean

Just give me
    One less
    One less churl
    Give me one less
    One less verb

Tonight

You're so extreme
    Then we'll find
    All just whine

I'll opine.

Bastards.
    Bravo Drico One - how did you think that up? :clap: :lol:

NikacP0kac

#28 Post by NikacP0kac »

Just realized now, it's made to the tune of One More Chance. Nonetheless, a great write-up, Drico. If they ever...y'know...you could take up the duties of songwriting, Neilatrone can sing the songs for you.
    Have a look at my taste in music:
    http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

Shopper

#29 Post by Shopper »

Drico One wrote: Mon 26 Feb 2018, 9:06 pm

The forum is quiet
    Too scared to surf alone
    Strangers in avatars
    Emoting in tomes

Tonight I've seen
    Another nasty claim
    Someone's been polling

Polled, trolled
    I know what I've seen
    Whinging forum bastards
    They're so mean

Just give me
    One less
    One less churl
    Give me one less
    One less verb

Tonight

You're so extreme
    Then we'll find
    All just whine

I'll opine.

Bastards.
    :mrgreen: :clap:
    Left to my own devices, I probably would...

https://www.instagram.com/chit2clix/

Remark

#30 Post by Remark »

Oh my god how did I miss Drico's glorious lyrics to Whinging Forum Bastards... :clap: :lol: :lol: