Anyone ever heard of Ganymede

For 'Off Topic' and non-PSB music threads.
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
Ronald42
Posts: 2237
Joined: Sat 08 Feb 2003, 11:04 am
Contact:

Anyone ever heard of Ganymede

#1 Post by Ronald42 »

And are they any good?
THE FUTURE THAT YOU ANTICIPATED HAS BEEN CANCELLED

Lethe

#2 Post by Lethe »

Good cup-bearer, apparently. :wink:

User avatar
Ewok
Posts: 814
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 7:58 pm

#3 Post by Ewok »

Yes, it's the largest moon of Jupiter. :wink:

User avatar
Hmmm
Posts: 3805
Joined: Sat 06 Dec 2003, 4:47 pm

#4 Post by Hmmm »

8) Ganymede is the young, beautiful boy that became one of Zeus' lovers. :wink: .
They make a little go along way.. very Minimal but Fundamental.

Desire

#5 Post by Desire »

Then Ganymedes became the God of Homosexuality in Greece.








But I didn't know he was one of Zeus' On the Loose's lovers! What an honor!!

Scandal

#6 Post by Scandal »

I thought we were talking about Shakespeare's As You Like It. :wink:

User avatar
Your Funny Uncle
Posts: 2143
Joined: Wed 08 Jan 2003, 1:55 am

#7 Post by Your Funny Uncle »

To Ganymede and Titan,
Yes sir, I've been around.
But there ain't no place
in the whole of space
like that good old toddlin' town.

Lunar City Seven,
you're my idea of heaven,
out of ten you score eleven.
You good old artificial terra-formed settlement.

User avatar
Zog
Posts: 2271
Joined: Wed 29 Oct 2003, 1:37 pm
Contact:

#8 Post by Zog »

Yes, I've heard of them. They were talked about on some of the synthpop forums 2-3 years ago. I think they're a synthpop duo. Some of the people on the forums seemed to rave about them... but the 4 or 5 songs I heard didn't leave much impression with me... kind of mediocre if I remember. There was a kind of "Cassio Keyboard" sound to their productions that I found annoying. A bit of an amateur-sounding Erasure.

Remember though, I'm talking about brief impressions I had from about 3 years ago.

-Zog

User avatar
joncool5
Posts: 1337
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 12:15 am
Contact:

#9 Post by joncool5 »

I've got their latest album; they are an analogue synthesizer duo. They are quite good.

www.ganymede.us
www.patrickrunkle.com

Post Reply