Final results of poll on whether PSB should have a "retirement tour"

All Geowayne's polls and results.
geowayne

Final results of poll on whether PSB should have a "retirement tour"

#1 Post by geowayne »

The final results are in for my poll of the past two weeks, in which I asked my site visitors whether they believe the Pet Shop Boys, when the time comes, should formally announce a "retirement tour." And the response that received the most votes was:

* "No, I don't want them to announce in advance whether any given tour is their 'final' or 'retirement tour.' I agree it would be best for them just to 'fade away' from touring without any advance announcement," chosen by 48.4% of the voters.

To see the complete results, please visit my "Commentary" site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey Results" options in the top navigation bar or click the appropriate link on my "What's New?" page.

My new poll for the next two weeks is a "sequel" to one that I ran nearly 14 years ago, in May 2005, when I asked which PSB single b-sides my site visitors preferred to their respective a-sides. At that time, "Miserablism" (the b-side of "Was It Worth It?") came out on top. When another site visitor recently wrote to me to suggest that I make this the subject of an upcoming survey, I replied that the number of b-sides -- especially considering that so many PSB singles have more than one "b-side" -- was now so daunting that I would have to split it into at least two polls. But since then I've decided against asking again about all of those earlier singles and b-sides. Instead, I'll focus exclusively on the singles and b-sides released since that previous survey. So that's the subject of this new poll: which Pet Shop Boys single b-sides released since May 2005 do you prefer to the a-side? So please take a little time to give this some thought and make your choices right there on my home page. And thanks so much to Danny Bende for suggesting this question!

In the meantime, thanks as well to everyone who voted in my previous survey! I hope you all have a great remainder of the weekend and week ahead, and to all of you who observe the holiday, I wish you a wonderful Easter!