Announcement

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
PETHEAD72

Re: Announcement

#106 Post by PETHEAD72 »

King1968 wrote: Wed 11 Sep 2019, 9:49 am It's all a bit odd having a greatest hits tour after the new album comes out,could it be a farewell to playing live ?
[/quot

Yes,why is it a 'gretest hits tour' after a new album??
You got a heart of glass or a heart of stone?

Oi!...got far to go have you?!... :lol:

Sage

#107 Post by Sage »

Exciting times. Let's try to keep the discussion on the announcement, not ticket prices and seatings, or the lyric video since they aren't even mentioned in the announcement!

Anyway I like the idea of a hat showcase in the tour, and the return of pointy hats.
"World tour" sounds promising, but they probably won't come to Australia.
Single release is a nice surprise, but I hope they have a proper release with remixes and maybe a b-side.

Here's a download link for the radio appearance, if anyone likes collecting these etc.
https://filebin.net/fg0jbvi6jx1y8eph (no copyright infringement intended)

Tom Angel

#108 Post by Tom Angel »

I love Dreamland. I like the ad-libbed vocals. it has a Please feel to it if you ask me.

That is only on first listen mind you.

And thanks Retro - for My life story heads up! I've bought the album.
in suits or sequins/or twin sets and pearls

Nicholas

#109 Post by Nicholas »

PETHEAD72 wrote: Wed 11 Sep 2019, 9:54 am
King1968 wrote: Wed 11 Sep 2019, 9:49 am It's all a bit odd having a greatest hits tour after the new album comes out,could it be a farewell to playing live ?
Maybe the tone of this album doesn't lend itself to being the focus for a tour. Much as Elysium didn't. How many Elysium songs did they include on the Electric tour? Or any of their shows since? (Not a rhetorical question btw - please enlighten me here but I bet it's not many)

Also, for a 'heritage act' this is probably just a much more lucrative way to market it.

Bulldog

#110 Post by Bulldog »

Nicholas wrote: Wed 11 Sep 2019, 10:21 am
PETHEAD72 wrote: Wed 11 Sep 2019, 9:54 am
Maybe the tone of this album doesn't lend itself to being the focus for a tour. Much as Elysium didn't. How many Elysium songs did they include on the Electric tour? Or any of their shows since? (Not a rhetorical question btw - please enlighten me here but I bet it's not many)

Also, for a 'heritage act' this is probably just a much more lucrative way to market it.
If it's a slower album then "Dreamland" would be a strange first single choice, like "So hard" was for Behaviour.

King1968

#111 Post by King1968 »

The 02 Is not the best venue for them in my opinion Brixton academy or the round house doing more dates at these venues would of been a better venue choice

Bulldog

#112 Post by Bulldog »

So, any other info from the radio show?

TheGardner

#113 Post by TheGardner »

Bulldog wrote: Wed 11 Sep 2019, 11:35 am So, any other info from the radio show?
Nope! Just, whats announced here.

drunk14

#114 Post by drunk14 »

As to live gigs... They should abandon their comfort zone, at least for a single tour. Even Kylie, the sweetest and popiest of us all, played a series of concerts with lesser known songs in not too distant past. It was even released on CD if I remember correctly.

In fact, now they are going with something completely opossite. Do not see a point.
I've been around the world for a number of reasons. I've seen it all the change of seasons, and I, my lord, may I say nothing?

Spittingcat

#115 Post by Spittingcat »

Do not see a point
Clearly, with the Dreamworld title… this is a big venue world tour… and probably their last… showcasing the classics makes perfect sense.

The future is probably smaller venues with fewer dates, and more aimed at fans only, they will probably go full arthouse then… this is one last big triumphant tour while they still can.

Tempus fugit.

zukunft

#116 Post by zukunft »

TheGardner wrote: Wed 11 Sep 2019, 11:42 am
Bulldog wrote: Wed 11 Sep 2019, 11:35 am So, any other info from the radio show?
Well, Neil has mentioned that "Musik" will return to London early next year for a longer run.

Nicholas

#117 Post by Nicholas »

zukunft wrote: Wed 11 Sep 2019, 12:33 pm
TheGardner wrote: Wed 11 Sep 2019, 11:42 am
Well, Neil has mentioned that "Musik" will return to London early next year for a longer run.
But with Ian McKellen in the lead role.

le petit corbusier

#118 Post by le petit corbusier »

Sage wrote:Exciting times. Let's try to keep the discussion on the announcement, not ticket prices and seatings, or the lyric video since they aren't even mentioned in the announcement!

Anyway I like the idea of a hat showcase in the tour, and the return of pointy hats.
"World tour" sounds promising, but they probably won't come to Australia.
Single release is a nice surprise, but I hope they have a proper release with remixes and maybe a b-side.

Here's a download link for the radio appearance, if anyone likes collecting these etc.
https://filebin.net/fg0jbvi6jx1y8eph (no copyright infringement intended)
Thanks for the download!
Look left, then right
And run for your life

Dog

#119 Post by Dog »

Interesting to see the extra info coded into the track Radio 2 played this morning, as shown on my digital radio.
Woof.

alig

#120 Post by alig »

Dreamworld sounds corny, like an Erasure tour.
"John 3:16."