The New Album Info Thread

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Tom Angel

Re: The New Album Info Thread

#136 Post by Tom Angel »

Ausfahrt is a good title, although looks a little like fart - EXIT could refer to the exiting of the Stuart Price trilogy...!
in suits or sequins/or twin sets and pearls

Nicholas

#137 Post by Nicholas »

They’re not going to release an album with ‘fart’ in the title. They’re intelligent men.

jules

#138 Post by jules »

The album name is now called "nickname" ! Lol. I remember for elysium, wikipedia gave the name "sport" and then didn't stop changing. I remember the fake song circulating before Fundamental. And also the fake track for the yes album. I'd like to hear them again.

glennjridge

#139 Post by glennjridge »

Also... I remember around the nightlife era, someone claiming to have the song "telegraph boy" and forever holding that over everyones head.
and then I think the same guy before Release came out swore up and down he had already heard the album before everyone else and as proof offered up that the word "aardvark" was in one of the tracks lyrics(which of course wasnt the case.

and then I think the track that someone was pushing as being from Fundamental was a instrumental song called "do you control your own mind". I remember debates raging if that was a actually song or not. obviously another lie.

but then again, someone before Nightlife came out said the lyrics "queens and fairies and muscle marys" was in a track and I didnt believe that and wouldn't you know it....

Nicholas

#140 Post by Nicholas »

Communication's never been
as easy as today
and it would make me happy
when you've gone so far away
if you'd send me an aardvark
that says 'I love you'
Send me an aardvark
that says 'I love you'

Bulldog

#141 Post by Bulldog »

At the beginning of Release era there was concern for a virus spreading through e-mail, called "I love you". I found the song rather funny under that light.

daveid

#142 Post by daveid »

Bulldog wrote: Tue 24 Sep 2019, 7:02 am At the beginning of Release era there was concern for a virus spreading through e-mail, called "I love you". I found the song rather funny under that light.
I opened that one a few times...

Seriously, was that really 17 years ago?!

ZiggyPSB

#143 Post by ZiggyPSB »

https://twitter.com/petshopboys/status/ ... 0434289665

A Pet Shop Boys 2019 Spotify playlist with all the songs they released in 2019 so far. Currently includes the 4 Agenda songs, the 4 new songs from Musik and Dreamland.

But more to be added as the year progresses? Hmmmm
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

E-Mail Vampire

#144 Post by E-Mail Vampire »

^^ initially I thought another single then I thought it could be a reference to any Dreamland b-sides that might be coming

PoloPony

#145 Post by PoloPony »

Has there been any special added bonus in pre-ordering the album via the official store? At the moment it's just the CD or vinyl. I have been burned in the past by receiving the Annually book in pitiful condition due to really really poor packaging so unless there is a chance I get something extra I'll buy Locally, or on a more trusted online retailer.

y3potential

#146 Post by y3potential »

ZiggyPSB wrote: Tue 24 Sep 2019, 11:03 am https://twitter.com/petshopboys/status/ ... 0434289665

A Pet Shop Boys 2019 Spotify playlist with all the songs they released in 2019 so far. Currently includes the 4 Agenda songs, the 4 new songs from Musik and Dreamland.

The Launderette songs would be my guess.
There is beauty in ugliness and ugliness in beauty.

Dog

#147 Post by Dog »

y3potential wrote:
ZiggyPSB wrote: Tue 24 Sep 2019, 11:03 am https://twitter.com/petshopboys/status/ ... 0434289665

The Launderette songs would be my guess.
My guess is these will be the two b sides to Dreamland.
Woof.

Sage

#148 Post by Sage »

The new releases could possibly be the Alan Turing project 'A Man From The Future'. It was mentioned back in July by Neil while promoting Musik that there was a discussion about bringing it back.
Exact quote: "We actually have been approached by a European conductor wants to bring it back with visuals and so we have a discussion going on about that." Though he says with visuals, I can still see it getting a Spotify release.

Drico One

#149 Post by Drico One »

Thanks to the intrepid Dog for his tidbits of information in the Neil in Conversation thread. The key nugget appears to be that the lead single is to the new album what So Hard was to Behaviour, i.e., rather more uptempo (or at least rather different in style).

That suggests we are going downtempo for this one - especially as, according to Dog, Neil said this record is going to be rather different to the last two.

It's not too much of a leap to imagine that this more sedate offering is less convenient to tour, hence the "greatest hits" show has some kind of rationale.

Regarding the lead single, I like the thematic coherence of Dreamland, No Boundaries, and An Open Mind. That it comes out on CD on the week of Brexit is delicious in its own way, though it's possible that that event will be as delayed as the new album.

Drico.
The pale kid that hides in the attic behind his PC...

daveid

#150 Post by daveid »

Drico One wrote: Sun 06 Oct 2019, 2:13 pm Thanks to the intrepid Dog for his tidbits of information in the Neil in Conversation thread. The key nugget appears to be that the lead single is to the new album what So Hard was to Behaviour, i.e., rather more uptempo (or at least rather different in style).

That suggests we are going downtempo for this one - especially as, according to Dog, Neil said this record is going to be rather different to the last two.

It's not too much of a leap to imagine that this more sedate offering is less convenient to tour, hence the "greatest hits" show has some kind of rationale.

Regarding the lead single, I like the thematic coherence of Dreamland, No Boundaries, and An Open Mind. That it comes out on CD on the week of Brexit is delicious in its own way, though it's possible that that event will be as delayed as the new album.

Drico.
Yes I'd noticed the three track titles had a sort of similarity but I hadn't thought of Brexit.