Madonna - Madame X
- Synthrobot
- Posts: 326
- Joined: Fri 15 Sep 2017, 9:42 pm
- Contact:
Madonna - Madame X
Well... it's different!
I'm on my third listen now. First time, I turned it off four tracks in, now I'm starting to see something a bit more interesting in all its weirdness.
If you only listen to one track, it has to be Dark Ballet. It's, crazy! If you hate it all, then listen to Come Alive, that's great.
I'm on my third listen now. First time, I turned it off four tracks in, now I'm starting to see something a bit more interesting in all its weirdness.
If you only listen to one track, it has to be Dark Ballet. It's, crazy! If you hate it all, then listen to Come Alive, that's great.
- ChoonHound
- Posts: 2311
- Joined: Thu 29 Dec 2005, 6:47 pm
- Contact:
Re: Madonna - Madame X
Sounds like what the boys should be doing in their 60s: letting their freak flags fly.
I sincerely *love* Disco 2 and listen to it straight through regularly.
-
Bulldog
Re: Madonna - Madame X
If you manage to ignore the terrible cover it's a strong album. "God Control" is a lesson in production.
- retrofuturist
- Posts: 4113
- Joined: Mon 08 May 2006, 12:31 am
- Been thanked: 1 time
Re: Madonna - Madame X
Greetings,
She's a satanic SJW suffering from TDS... a long way from her former self, both musically and personally.
The plummeting sales are not just age related...
Retro.
She's a satanic SJW suffering from TDS... a long way from her former self, both musically and personally.
The plummeting sales are not just age related...
Retro.
"Politics are too emotional now. Contemporary culture generally is too emotional, really... I'd rather people looked to the truth." (Neil Tennant)
- Future Lover
- Posts: 1166
- Joined: Mon 14 Jul 2014, 1:04 am
- Contact:
Re: Madonna - Madame X
Well I'll be darned, I never thought I would see a regular person post a VigilantCitizen link instead of a troll. Scary. And what the f*** is TDS?
Anyway, I love the album. Not her best vocally, but it's a truly eclectic beautiful mess.
Anyway, I love the album. Not her best vocally, but it's a truly eclectic beautiful mess.
- ChoonHound
- Posts: 2311
- Joined: Thu 29 Dec 2005, 6:47 pm
- Contact:
Re: Madonna - Madame X
I’m always shocked when fans here post this kind of nonsense... but it happens all too often.
I sincerely *love* Disco 2 and listen to it straight through regularly.
- ArtHist
- Posts: 495
- Joined: Tue 13 Jun 2017, 9:46 pm
- Contact:
Re: Madonna - Madame X
All her stunts, front page magazine covers, interviews, Eurovision appearance etc ad nauseum....and Bruce Springsteen still beats her to No.1. Wow, just wow. I didn't even know he was still releasing music but here he is with a solid fanbase, no eyepatch and 25k sales ahead of her. *shrugs*
- PoloPony
- Posts: 280
- Joined: Wed 26 Sep 2012, 7:48 pm
- Contact:
Re: Madonna - Madame X
When I first heard the lead single Medellin I was really disappointed because it all sounded like 1) weak lead single 2) yet another collaboration 3) young male companion duetting (when sorry I assume she'd like to do more than just duet with) 4) silly sexual innuendos and vocals (which are tiresome to be honest) - all of which detracted from the listening pleasure so I avoided listening to it more than once until the album came out.
When the album came out I have to say I was really surprised by the fact that it is quite daring in that it is so varied, so non-mainstream, so unlike anything I've heard a mainstream performer do and I actually enjoyed it.
Yes I do fine the SJWness of it all at times really annoying but I think I can overlook it.
By the way, I would not even known what SJW is if it wasn't that I was a bit bored several weeks ago and googled some words of urban dictionary that I heard watching RuPaul's Drag Race and found out about it. There are some forums heavily into the SJWness and it's quite silly because it's like a forced PC-driven drivel like people won't even consider liking something it was done by someone who is not a saint. I mean, people complaining about Frances Barber because she did or said something (like, who gives) - I think it's none of our business what a performer thinks or does. You don't buy their product because of this. Unfortunately it's a downside of social media and those who can't stay away from it, even though it's hard to be immune from it.
I can only recommend you give Madame X a listen of two because it might surprise you. Also the video where she's wearing the colorful graffiti-like jacket is great, she literally looks like she's in her 20s and taped the video for her debut album.
When the album came out I have to say I was really surprised by the fact that it is quite daring in that it is so varied, so non-mainstream, so unlike anything I've heard a mainstream performer do and I actually enjoyed it.
Yes I do fine the SJWness of it all at times really annoying but I think I can overlook it.
By the way, I would not even known what SJW is if it wasn't that I was a bit bored several weeks ago and googled some words of urban dictionary that I heard watching RuPaul's Drag Race and found out about it. There are some forums heavily into the SJWness and it's quite silly because it's like a forced PC-driven drivel like people won't even consider liking something it was done by someone who is not a saint. I mean, people complaining about Frances Barber because she did or said something (like, who gives) - I think it's none of our business what a performer thinks or does. You don't buy their product because of this. Unfortunately it's a downside of social media and those who can't stay away from it, even though it's hard to be immune from it.
I can only recommend you give Madame X a listen of two because it might surprise you. Also the video where she's wearing the colorful graffiti-like jacket is great, she literally looks like she's in her 20s and taped the video for her debut album.
- Future Lover
- Posts: 1166
- Joined: Mon 14 Jul 2014, 1:04 am
- Contact:
Re: Madonna - Madame X
SJWness is important as a counter to the growing wave of prejudice that is threatening to destroy the world. If we ignore everything but the climate, we don't have to dig deep to find the correlation between dumb conservatives hand-in-hand with rich white men in the effort to drain our pockets before the world ends. Madonna is very clumsy with trying to be on the right side of history, like most corporations are, but at least she's there.
And I wish someone talked about the music more, since it always turns to politics. This is still a great record, full of rich textures and layers, thanks to some shift of focus and being worked on long enough, instead of the usual rush jobs from the past several records. She's a legend for a reason.
And I wish someone talked about the music more, since it always turns to politics. This is still a great record, full of rich textures and layers, thanks to some shift of focus and being worked on long enough, instead of the usual rush jobs from the past several records. She's a legend for a reason.
- PoloPony
- Posts: 280
- Joined: Wed 26 Sep 2012, 7:48 pm
- Contact:
Re: Madonna - Madame X
It's important but it's being taken to the extreme where it's absurd, nobody can say or do anything that they are immediately labelled racist, misogynist, homophobe, and to be honest I have started to get really annoyed when people say "white (*insert any word)" whenever they don't like someone or something.
I distinctly remember huge Madonna fans turning on her just like that when it was official she was going to sing in Israel (how dare she right?) and when she refused to blanket convict Michael Jackson without having watched that tv program. I mean, people think that just because they read something on the internet it is true and anyone who doesn't agree is a (see labels above).
People also need to stop blaming white men for everything that goes wrong in their lives and assume some responsibility. It's just too easy blaming other people. Also not every white man is the same. Applying that thought process is just the same as saying that every black person is in a gang and all muslims are terrorists.
Right, that will be it for me on the subject because I did not come on here to make that the focus of my post.
I am here for the music. Music makes the people come together. It should not be used to divide them.
I distinctly remember huge Madonna fans turning on her just like that when it was official she was going to sing in Israel (how dare she right?) and when she refused to blanket convict Michael Jackson without having watched that tv program. I mean, people think that just because they read something on the internet it is true and anyone who doesn't agree is a (see labels above).
People also need to stop blaming white men for everything that goes wrong in their lives and assume some responsibility. It's just too easy blaming other people. Also not every white man is the same. Applying that thought process is just the same as saying that every black person is in a gang and all muslims are terrorists.
Right, that will be it for me on the subject because I did not come on here to make that the focus of my post.
I am here for the music. Music makes the people come together. It should not be used to divide them.
- Future Lover
- Posts: 1166
- Joined: Mon 14 Jul 2014, 1:04 am
- Contact:
Re: Madonna - Madame X
I am a white man, but I also lack many privileges of the upper classes, and that exclusive group is the target of most attacks, I'd say. Picture Trump as the attacked "white man", not your neighbor. Saying that a billionaire is blameless while their personal carbon footprint is massive... is missing the big picture. It's hard enough living your life and figuring out your own problems... but that's exactly what they want us to do, to live our limited life and not care about others. And it's our prerogative to choose what to do with our own lives, really. You don't have to be political in your daily life, but I do. Which is also a privileged position on its own, meaning that your lower levels of the pyramid are pretty covered (food/shelter/etc.)