Hotspot album promo music

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
gehegu

Re: Hotspot album promo music

#16 Post by gehegu »

Just a thought, couldn’t it be that this is all about trains? Hotspot, those sounds in the teaser, dreamland video...maybe hotspot have been constructed as an underground line, with different stops (songs). That would make a very heterogeneous album. I should be maybe thinking on what to have for lunch instead...😂

lowesglasses

#17 Post by lowesglasses »

Those chords remind me of the beginning of Inside A Dream. Sounds promising though!

PETHEAD72

#18 Post by PETHEAD72 »

Sounds fab!
You got a heart of glass or a heart of stone?

Oi!...got far to go have you?!... :lol:

Remark

#19 Post by Remark »

This sample sounds so so so so damn good. Can't wait to year the full track. :D

TG

#20 Post by TG »

Sounds like the same chords at the beginning of Inside a Dream if I'm not mistaken

Mark R.Y.

#21 Post by Mark R.Y. »

gehegu wrote: Sat 16 Nov 2019, 10:42 am Just a thought, couldn’t it be that this is all about trains? Hotspot, those sounds in the teaser, dreamland video...maybe hotspot have been constructed as an underground line, with different stops (songs). That would make a very heterogeneous album. I should be maybe thinking on what to have for lunch instead...😂
Kind of like Paul McCartney's Egypt Station album last year with its "stations." What with the train imagery and the intriguing publicity photos of N&C I wish they were still doing full-out big-budget videos for Hotspot.

joe stalin

#22 Post by joe stalin »

TG wrote: Sat 16 Nov 2019, 3:32 pm Sounds like the same chords at the beginning of Inside a Dream if I'm not mistaken
My initial thoughts exactly. And as we all know that was nothing to do with N&C, just SP on his own. Hope this isn’t the same

mr_spenalzo

#23 Post by mr_spenalzo »

gehegu wrote: Sat 16 Nov 2019, 10:42 am Just a thought, couldn’t it be that this is all about trains? Hotspot, those sounds in the teaser, dreamland video...maybe hotspot have been constructed as an underground line, with different stops (songs). That would make a very heterogeneous album. I should be maybe thinking on what to have for lunch instead...😂
Well, Wedding (as in "Wedding in Berlin") is a trainstation... in Berlin:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berlin-Wedding_station

DJAMIX

#24 Post by DJAMIX »

TOP!!!
One can't find the way to peace. Peace is the way itself. (Gandhi)

markrobertnolan

#25 Post by markrobertnolan »

jules wrote: Sat 16 Nov 2019, 1:01 am
Dog wrote: Sat 16 Nov 2019, 12:03 am
y3potential wrote:

I seem to recall Chris mention, maybe in a recent Literally, that they wanted to record the trains or ambience of the underground.. I’d have to dig it out but it was something like that..
Yes, I think Neil mentioned in a radio interview that Chris was out recording the sound of trains.
In the last Annually :
"Stuart Price is pictured outdoors near the studio and on the U1-U-bahn line, where he is recording the ambience."
Yes Stuart was, but Neil also said in an interview on BBC Radio 6 last year (or earlier this year) That Chris was off sampling the underground.