Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.

Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

Yes, it's a risk for everybody. Let's wait a few months
62%
No, I don't think it's necessary
38%

Total votes: 89

glennjridge

Re: Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

#121 Post by glennjridge »

There is some good news. they were saying that Chinas's infection rates are dropping fast, on both levels they are learning what to do as far as containment and possibly the virus is doing what they usually do which is blast thru the population and then it sort of slinks away. and then you just have to hope they can get a vaccine and we slowly start getting back to normal and its just another thing you get a shot for every year.

boyjohn

#122 Post by boyjohn »

glennjridge wrote: Sun 15 Mar 2020, 10:53 pm There is some good news. they were saying that Chinas's infection rates are dropping fast, on both levels they are learning what to do as far as containment and possibly the virus is doing what they usually do which is blast thru the population and then it sort of slinks away. and then you just have to hope they can get a vaccine and we slowly start getting back to normal and its just another thing you get a shot for every year.
That's not what really happened though. They pretty much ramped up testing big time, quarantined and isolated everyone so that it wouldn't "blast through the population". Hence only dead in the thousands when it could have been in the millions. The fact that we waited so long in Europe and the US to take it seriously enough is going to bring untold tragedy over the coming weeks/months.
Last edited by boyjohn on Sun 15 Mar 2020, 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Unless you consciously include, you will unconsciously exclude”
-Stephen Frost

Patrick Bateman

#123 Post by Patrick Bateman »

glennjridge wrote: Sun 15 Mar 2020, 10:53 pm There is some good news. they were saying that Chinas's infection rates are dropping fast, on both levels they are learning what to do as far as containment and possibly the virus is doing what they usually do which is blast thru the population and then it sort of slinks away. and then you just have to hope they can get a vaccine and we slowly start getting back to normal and its just another thing you get a shot for every year.
Are they Chinese figures? Probably need to move that decimal point several places to the right then.

drunk14

#124 Post by drunk14 »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... spitalised

It seems very serious. I mean, I liked the strategy which had been implemented by UK government, but the crucial condition was the state of health service. If you have certain capacity, you can let people to be infected and then they will inure to any virus. However, I was shocked when I checked that UK has only 5k of respirators. Poland has twice as much. That's so strange...

Anyway, now it seems even more strange not to cancel the whole tour. People will not attend even if they already paid for tickets. And PSB themselves... Well, they have some necessary resources, bigger than ordinary people, to be better prepared for some emergency, but they are old people. Neil is almost 70 which means he is an easy target if you compare him to people from my generation etc. Old people should be isolated, everywhere! Iam really suprised reading this mild statement on OS.
I've been around the world for a number of reasons. I've seen it all the change of seasons, and I, my lord, may I say nothing?

glennjridge

#125 Post by glennjridge »

this is a good article about the situation in China, https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandso ... g-in-china

its basically what they have been saying here. the death rate hysteria, is mainly due to hospitals being overwhelmed with severe cases I suspect the elderly. even though this thing is more difficult than the flu, the majority, are surviving it. I suspect that will climb higher as long as the slowing down of the virus happens so as to not overwhelm the healthcare systems..

"At the beginning of this outbreak remember, people were finding severe disease. And that's why the alarm bells went off."

Those early severe cases made COVID-19 look like a much bigger killer. It was only after officials in China stepped up surveillance that they started uncovering many more mild cases (people with symptoms such as fever and dry cough but limited or no pneumonia).

boyjohn

#126 Post by boyjohn »

glennjridge wrote: Mon 16 Mar 2020, 12:55 am this is a good article about the situation in China, https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandso ... g-in-china

its basically what they have been saying here. the death rate hysteria, is mainly due to hospitals being overwhelmed with severe cases I suspect the elderly. even though this thing is more difficult than the flu, the majority, are surviving it. I suspect that will climb higher as long as the slowing down of the virus happens so as to not overwhelm the healthcare systems..

"At the beginning of this outbreak remember, people were finding severe disease. And that's why the alarm bells went off."

Those early severe cases made COVID-19 look like a much bigger killer. It was only after officials in China stepped up surveillance that they started uncovering many more mild cases (people with symptoms such as fever and dry cough but limited or no pneumonia).
I would encourage you to do some research outside of your bubble. This is much much worse than what you are describing.
“Unless you consciously include, you will unconsciously exclude”
-Stephen Frost

michael888

#127 Post by michael888 »

As a Hong Konger, I want to suggest you that don’t trust China.
Last edited by michael888 on Mon 16 Mar 2020, 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
A small voice of calm and reason.

michael888

#128 Post by michael888 »

Patrick Bateman wrote: Sun 15 Mar 2020, 11:02 pm
Are they Chinese figures? Probably need to move that decimal point several places to the right then.
As a Hong Konger, I think that’s very well said, sir.

alig

#129 Post by alig »

boyjohn wrote: Mon 16 Mar 2020, 2:36 am
glennjridge wrote: Mon 16 Mar 2020, 12:55 am this is a good article about the situation in China, https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandso ... g-in-china

I would encourage you to do some research outside of your bubble. This is much much worse than what you are describing.
Like this?
https://www.foxnews.com/media/woman-cor ... of-control
"John 3:16."

leesmapman

#130 Post by leesmapman »

foxnews... he said OUTSIDE your bubble.

michael888

#131 Post by michael888 »

If you seek some authentic info about the Chinese Pneumonia Virus, you might want to look up that from Hong Kong.

https://www.hongkongfp.com/2020/03/14/c ... s-warning/

https://lihkg.com/category/38

https://www.reddit.com/r/LIHKG/

drunk14

#132 Post by drunk14 »

leesmapman wrote: Mon 16 Mar 2020, 10:03 am foxnews... he said OUTSIDE your bubble.
And what kind of bubble are you in?
I've been around the world for a number of reasons. I've seen it all the change of seasons, and I, my lord, may I say nothing?

Nickname

#133 Post by Nickname »

You can follow here, the number of people infected by the Coronavirus all over the world:
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

If you go to this website, you could see very clear how fast the Covid-19 has been growing up in the several antonomous comunities from Spain, taking a look at the meter:
https://public.flourish.studio/visualis ... on/1526693

alig

#134 Post by alig »

In the USA, last year 220 000 were tested positively for the flu of which 22 000 died. Mortality rate is 10%, not .1! If you include estimated flu cases, then the mortality rate drops to .1. The same would apply if estimated corona cases were considered. Because the millions who recovered from it without getting tested would lower the death rate considerably. The death rate for Corona is currently at 4%, much lower than for the flu.
Can't you see how the msm have been scaring people over nothing in order to destroy the economy and to create chaos and mayhem? If we tracked every single flu case, the map in Spain would be looking much worse.
To live in fear is not to live at all. Perhaps you should never ever get into a car because every day people die in accidents.
Last edited by alig on Mon 16 Mar 2020, 5:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

alig

#135 Post by alig »

leesmapman wrote: Mon 16 Mar 2020, 10:03 am foxnews... he said OUTSIDE your bubble.
A bunch of brainwashed robots who believe Fox News lies. Yep, the matrix is real and there are plenty of idiots falling for it.