Neil's Dreamworld 'speech'

For discussion and photos of PSB live performances.
VanderAppel

Neil's Dreamworld 'speech'

#1 Post by VanderAppel »

Dear all,

Does anybody have Neil's Dreamworld 'speech' written down?
I found this in a review, I think from a German show, so I'm already really pleased with that.
However, some small bits don't 'sound' like I remember it, especially 'dance dominoes', but I have no way to check as I didn't write it down or record it myself. It's no big deal of course, but I'd love to have the completely correct text. Maybe the below is correct and I'm just remembering it wrong.

"Tonight we’re going to a dream world, our world. A world of music and memory, in which West End girls dance dominoes with boys from New York City, Che Guevara and Claude Debussy are easily led behind a bicycle shed but then make it so hard. In Dreamworld, being boring is a sin, the music plays forever and the streets have no name."

leesmapman

Re: Neil's Dreamworld 'speech'

#2 Post by leesmapman »

This is almost the same for the Glastonbury speech with some slight alterations, for example Claude Debussy was just Debussy

VanderAppel

#3 Post by VanderAppel »

Oh hang on - he did this at Glastonbury?! I watched it, but with vpn on iPlayer, so I had to endure some buffering/loading and a few connectivity issues, so I completely missed that. I assumed they did a slightly different set than the concerts and not this speech, but it seems I was wrong! Thanks so much for letting me know - I'll rewatch it, as I see it'll be available for a while on iPlayer.

Edit (15 minutes later, even before approval):
Well, I thought I'd do it right away. And you're right, basically word for word the same.

Tonight, Glastonbury, we're going to a dream world. A world of memory and music, where West End girls dance dominoes with boys from New York City, Che Guevara and Debussy are easily led behind a bicycle shed and make it so hard. Being boring is a sin, the music plays forever, and the streets... well, the streets have no name.

(the 'well' could also be a 'where', but that would be a bit odd in the sentence)

So indeed, the 'dance dominoes' I found online was correct.

Love it. Thank you again, leesmapman!
Last edited by VanderAppel on Mon 27 Jun 2022, 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Patrick Bateman

#4 Post by Patrick Bateman »

No boys from New York City at Glastonbury (fortunately).