New Pet Shop Order Boys

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
RichBeard

Re: New Pet Shop Order Boys

#211 Post by RichBeard »

This is the ultimate legends tour!! 😎😎😎 Although it was a different project/band, would be great to hear some Electronic tracks.. Disappointed, Patience of a saint & GAWI are such a great songs 😇.

It would also be great to have a medley of a NO & a PSB track.. Bizarre Love Triangle with Suburbia/Left to my own devices.. 🤔

DopeFiend

#212 Post by DopeFiend »

I love how these emails came at the same time with the same contents.
I also like how Electronic is mentioned.

TwizzleUK

#213 Post by TwizzleUK »

Interesting the emails reminded recipients of the Electronic collaboration. Maybe hinting at some special performances at the concerts? Would certainly be a missed opportunity for Neil and Chris to not join New Order onstage for at least a couple of songs.

DJAMIX

#214 Post by DJAMIX »

I'd love if they come to Brazil.
One can't find the way to peace. Peace is the way itself. (Gandhi)

One of the crowd

#215 Post by One of the crowd »

TwizzleUK wrote: Wed 17 Aug 2022, 11:05 pm Interesting the emails reminded recipients of the Electronic collaboration. Maybe hinting at some special performances at the concerts? Would certainly be a missed opportunity for Neil and Chris to not join New Order onstage for at least a couple of songs.
Maybe thatll be the crossover point?

PSB finish their set and stay on stage
New Order or Bernard appears

Then those opening bars of Getting Away With It kick in
Did Zoe Ball let something slip today? (31:01:24)

Angi

#216 Post by Angi »

One of the crowd wrote: Thu 18 Aug 2022, 1:23 pm
TwizzleUK wrote: Wed 17 Aug 2022, 11:05 pm Interesting the emails reminded recipients of the Electronic collaboration. Maybe hinting at some special performances at the concerts? Would certainly be a missed opportunity for Neil and Chris to not join New Order onstage for at least a couple of songs.

If they do any Electronic stuff, I really really hope this is how they do it.

Do you guys think they might do Electronic tracks for every show or just in select cities?

Do you think they will play all 3 of the Electronic tracks that have a PSB connection (there are just 3 right? Sorry I'm a newer fan) or just one or two?

OakeyDokey

#217 Post by OakeyDokey »

Who the hell knows?!

tottenhammattspurs

#218 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

I reckon the PSBs will do their Glastonbury set minus one or two nonhits from the US and New Order will do their Music Complete set minus one or two newer songs.
is is and isnt isnt

Dog

#219 Post by Dog »

tottenhammattspurs wrote:I reckon the PSBs will do their Glastonbury set minus one or two nonhits from the US and New Order will do their Music Complete set minus one or two newer songs.
Yes I agree. Maybe a shared encore of some sort.

What did the email say re Electronic? I would be surprised if they played any to be frank. None are New Order tracks and only one is a PSB track.
Woof.

retrofuturist

#220 Post by retrofuturist »

G'day Dog.

This is all it said...

"Although their paths have crossed over the years, most notably when Neil and Chris collaborated with Bernard and Johnny Marr for their Electronic project in 1989, this will be the first time New Order and Pet Shop Boys have toured together."

Retro. :)
"Politics are too emotional now. Contemporary culture generally is too emotional, really... I'd rather people looked to the truth." (Neil Tennant)

Oznerol

#221 Post by Oznerol »

One of the crowd wrote: Thu 18 Aug 2022, 1:23 pm

remember that the order seems to be different on different locations..some were announced as "New Order & PSB" and others like "PSB and New Order"...whatever that means...
This is not my signature.

Suburban_Boy

#222 Post by Suburban_Boy »

Oznerol wrote: Mon 22 Aug 2022, 4:32 am remember that the order seems to be different on different locations..some were announced as "New Order & PSB" and others like "PSB and New Order"...whatever that means...
This is indicating the order for which each band will take to the stage for that particular performance.

eastendboy

#223 Post by eastendboy »

Very dodgy info but there might be a thread of truth.

I was in my local pub on Saturday with some mates wearing my love etc. t shirt. I got chatting with someone who also liked psb and new order.

Anyway he said he had heard that feelers are out there for a possible stadium tour next year. He mentioned Manchester City and Arsenal as 2 possible venues. According to him, which could be nonsense, promoters are looking how the tour is received.

I did say that it depends on psb and new order if they want to do it and he said money talks.

Apologies as I haven’t got any true source and I admit it doesn’t sound great. A bloke in pub said…..

It did get me thinking though.

eastendboy

#224 Post by eastendboy »

Very dodgy info but there might be a thread of truth.

I was in my local pub on Saturday with some mates wearing my love etc. t shirt. I got chatting with someone who also liked psb and new order.

Anyway he said he had heard that feelers are out there for a possible stadium tour next year. He mentioned Manchester City and Arsenal as 2 possible venues. According to him, which could be nonsense, promoters are looking how the tour is received.

I did say that it depends on psb and new order if they want to do it and he said money talks.

Apologies as I haven’t got any true source and I admit it doesn’t sound great. A bloke in pub said…..

It did get me thinking though.

eastendboy

#225 Post by eastendboy »

Apologies for the double post.