The Human League live last night (I still can´t believe it)

For 'Off Topic' and non-PSB music threads.
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
Oznerol
Posts: 2413
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 5:31 am

The Human League live last night (I still can´t believe it)

#1 Post by Oznerol »

It was on an electronic-music festival here last night in Buenos Aires (it also included Massive Attack as the main attraction, and a DJ-set by Andy Fletcher late at night...) and let me say that it was GREAT!!!
I was right on the middle of the front line, just in the line of Philip Oakey, and it was a great time, I really enjoyed it :)
I don´t know if there are any HL fans here, but I have many photos and little videos of the show...if you want, just ask :) !!

On the other hand, the DJ-set by Andy was like a joke...does he use to DJ sometimes or it was his first time here?? It sounds like it was...
(just as an example of the weirdest moment: Scissor Sisters's 'Confortably Numb', followed by 'White Wedding' by Billy Idol, then a bootleg mix of 'Strange Love' and then' Into the Groove' by Madonna.... :roll: ....)

PCL
This is not my signature.

Eldritch
Posts: 4050
Joined: Wed 10 Dec 2003, 8:24 am

#2 Post by Eldritch »

I saw them live at the Royal Albert Hall in London in 1995, when they were having a comeback with the Octopus album, and they were astonishingly good then too. They really are a great band, but the way that they have thrown away their own career during the last twenty years is really shameful. Only four albums during the last twenty years, all of them really patchy too.
Click click drone

User avatar
Your Funny Uncle
Posts: 2143
Joined: Wed 08 Jan 2003, 1:55 am

#3 Post by Your Funny Uncle »

I saw them on the same (I think) tour in the mid 90's, but in Wolverhampton Civic Hall, which is a little less grand. As I recall Scandal came along that night, along with a couple of other PSB fans we knew at the time. I remember they had a cool white stage set, with a drummer surrounded by electric drums at arm level , but no bass drum, and these strange accordeon like structures that moved up and down...

User avatar
shamelessbehave
Posts: 1518
Joined: Thu 06 Nov 2003, 2:27 pm

#4 Post by shamelessbehave »

What´s the name of this electronic music festival there, please? :?:

I guess I´d dance a lot if I went there ;)
http://www.myspace.com/shamelesssilvia

"It´s fundamental that we do only exist in our own universe. When you like Pet Shop Boys, you are in our world. This is absolutely crucial to our entire outlook...what we do has an incredibly strong identity and applies only to us. It´s a case of not recognising the existence of anybody else!". Neil Tennant.

User avatar
Oznerol
Posts: 2413
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 5:31 am

#5 Post by Oznerol »

shamelessbehave wrote:What´s the name of this electronic music festival there, please? :?:

I guess I´d dance a lot if I went there ;)
It was "BUE: Buenos Aires Urbano Electrónico"...the same festival was released a day earlier in Chile, and there it was called "SUE: Santiago Urban Electronic Festival", As far as I know, it was all thanks to local producers...for the first time in a loong time, they do something good :D

PCL
This is not my signature.

User avatar
CBA
Posts: 1163
Joined: Mon 19 Apr 2004, 8:29 pm

#6 Post by CBA »

Eldritch wrote:They really are a great band, but the way that they have thrown away their own career during the last twenty years is really shameful. Only four albums during the last twenty years, all of them really patchy too.
I agree. "Dare" is there only non-patchy album, although most of their singles have been pretty good in the last 20 years. "Octopus" has probably been their best album since "Dare".

User avatar
West 4th
Posts: 438
Joined: Fri 21 Nov 2003, 12:42 am
Contact:

#7 Post by West 4th »

The League are great!! I saw them when they were on tour last Summer. It's a fun show to go to, lots of "new wavers" that are all dressed up too.

User avatar
Ray
Posts: 1133
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 6:32 am

#8 Post by Ray »

Andy's DJing consists of playing random records and being Andy Fletcher...
<a href="http://www.myspace.com/raygrantmusic">(I wonder why) My career's in danger?!</a>

User avatar
Oznerol
Posts: 2413
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 5:31 am

#9 Post by Oznerol »

Ray wrote:Andy's DJing consists of playing random records and being Andy Fletcher...
Oh yes...I see we´re talking about the same thing... :wink:
This is not my signature.

Post Reply