Bananarama remasters

For 'Off Topic' and non-PSB music threads.
Message
Author
User avatar
Steve Fett
Posts: 1867
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 2:13 pm

#31 Post by Steve Fett »

hey Avalon, you opened th can of worms when you mentioned Sinitta here in the first place !! fear the wrath of Sinitta now - she's coming to get you :lol:

Sinitta top5 :

1.Hitchin' A Ride
2.GTO
3.Love and Affection
4.Right back where we started from
5.Toy Boy

Yeah BlueSwan, Sammy Fox had quite a decent number of hits (yes, I said HITS :wink: ) Her last album, 21st Century Fox, was very Euro and VERY catchy - do you know it ?

Samantha Fox top5:

1.Love House
2.Nothings gonna stop me now
3.Naughty girls (need love too)
4.Hurt Me ! Hurt Me ! (but the pants stay on)
5.Another woman (too many people)
Last edited by Steve Fett on Wed 02 Jun 2004, 9:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
what a performance tonight, should I react or turn off the light ?

User avatar
shamelessbehave
Posts: 1518
Joined: Thu 06 Nov 2003, 2:27 pm

#32 Post by shamelessbehave »

Samantha Fox top 5:

1.Nothing´s gonna stop me now.
2.Love house.
3.Naughty Girls(need love too).
4.Touch me (I want your body).
5.I surrender (to the spirit of the night).
http://www.myspace.com/shamelesssilvia

"It´s fundamental that we do only exist in our own universe. When you like Pet Shop Boys, you are in our world. This is absolutely crucial to our entire outlook...what we do has an incredibly strong identity and applies only to us. It´s a case of not recognising the existence of anybody else!". Neil Tennant.

User avatar
Steve Fett
Posts: 1867
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 2:13 pm

#33 Post by Steve Fett »

Hey Shamelessbehave, i just noticed that you were born the day after me....spooky ! That must be why you have such good taste - 1972 was a good year :wink:
what a performance tonight, should I react or turn off the light ?

User avatar
shamelessbehave
Posts: 1518
Joined: Thu 06 Nov 2003, 2:27 pm

#34 Post by shamelessbehave »

Steve Fett wrote:Hey Shamelessbehave, i just noticed that you were born the day after me....spooky ! That must be why you have such good taste - 1972 was a good year :wink:
:shock: :o wow this is incredible!!! great to know :) Same to you about you exquisite music taste ;)
http://www.myspace.com/shamelesssilvia

"It´s fundamental that we do only exist in our own universe. When you like Pet Shop Boys, you are in our world. This is absolutely crucial to our entire outlook...what we do has an incredibly strong identity and applies only to us. It´s a case of not recognising the existence of anybody else!". Neil Tennant.

User avatar
BlueSwan
Posts: 2636
Joined: Wed 29 Oct 2003, 6:42 pm

#35 Post by BlueSwan »

Steve Fett wrote:hey Avalon, you opened th can of worms when you mentioned Sinitta here in the first place !! fear the wrath of Sinita now - she's coming to get you :lol:

Sinitta top5 :

1.Hitchin' A Ride
2.GTO
3.Love and Affection
4.Right back where we started from
5.Toy Boy

Yeah BlueSwan, Sammy Fox had quite a decent number of hits (yes, I said HITS :wink: ) Her last album, 21st Century Fox, was very Euro and VERY catchy - do you know it ?

Samantha Fox top5:

1.Love House
2.Nothings gonna stop me now
3.Naughty girls (need love too)
4.Let me be free
5.Another woman (too many people)
Nope, I haven't heard that Sam Fox album. Maybe I should check it out!

Regarding my Sinitta top 3 - I actually forgot "Cross My Broken Heart" - I'd put that ahead of So Macho in third place I think.

Sam Fox top 5:

1. Naughty Girls
2. Nothing's Gonna Stop Me Now
3. Love House
4. I Surrender
5. True Devotion
http://www.soundcloud.com/blueswan (Blue Swan tracks, my solo tracks and remixes)

http://soundcloud.com/groups/inspired-by-pet-shop-boys (A collection of various artists PSB covers, PSB remixes and original songs inspired by PSB - anyone interested can contribute tracks)

User avatar
Steve Fett
Posts: 1867
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 2:13 pm

#36 Post by Steve Fett »

BlueSwan wrote:
Steve Fett wrote:hey Avalon, you opened th can of worms when you mentioned Sinitta here in the first place !! fear the wrath of Sinita now - she's coming to get you :lol:

Sinitta top5 :

1.Hitchin' A Ride
2.GTO
3.Love and Affection
4.Right back where we started from
5.Toy Boy

Yeah BlueSwan, Sammy Fox had quite a decent number of hits (yes, I said HITS :wink: ) Her last album, 21st Century Fox, was very Euro and VERY catchy - do you know it ?

Samantha Fox top5:

1.Love House
2.Nothings gonna stop me now
3.Naughty girls (need love too)
4.Let me be free
5.Another woman (too many people)
Nope, I haven't heard that Sam Fox album. Maybe I should check it out!

Regarding my Sinitta top 3 - I actually forgot "Cross My Broken Heart" - I'd put that ahead of So Macho in third place I think.

Sam Fox top 5:

1. Naughty Girls
2. Nothing's Gonna Stop Me Now
3. Love House
4. I Surrender
5. True Devotion
Ooooh yes, check out her "21st Century Fox" album, especially tracks like "Let me be free, The reason is you (one on one), Perhaps" - all these tracks will be right up your alley. Trust me !! 8) VERY euro indeed...
BTW, have you heard her version of "Santa Maria" ? Its quite good, better than Tatjana's original...check it out.
what a performance tonight, should I react or turn off the light ?

User avatar
Shopper
Posts: 2350
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 12:52 pm
Contact:

#37 Post by Shopper »

Santa maria was awesome ! Sam's version was more perky I think ?

I have it on cassette, need to download the mp3 :P
Left to my own devices, I probably would...

https://www.instagram.com/chit2clix/

User avatar
BlueSwan
Posts: 2636
Joined: Wed 29 Oct 2003, 6:42 pm

#38 Post by BlueSwan »

Yeah, I've got "Santa Maria" - it's a great fun pop record! :D
http://www.soundcloud.com/blueswan (Blue Swan tracks, my solo tracks and remixes)

http://soundcloud.com/groups/inspired-by-pet-shop-boys (A collection of various artists PSB covers, PSB remixes and original songs inspired by PSB - anyone interested can contribute tracks)

User avatar
Steve Fett
Posts: 1867
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 2:13 pm

#39 Post by Steve Fett »

Shopper wrote:Santa maria was awesome ! Sam's version was more perky I think ?

I have it on cassette, need to download the mp3 :P
hehehe :lol: "perky" is a great way to describe a Samantha Fox song. Goes hand in hand, doesn't it !?!?!

what was your fave line-up of Bananarama ?

1.Siobhean, Keren, Sara (original line-up)
2.Keren, Sara, Jacqui (2nd line-up)
3.Keren and Sara (current line-up)

I'd say the original line-up, then the current one of just Keren and Sara. I felt that Jacqui never quite fitted the image of the group...even though the period in which she was in the group is one of my faves (the "Pop Life" album)
what a performance tonight, should I react or turn off the light ?

User avatar
shamelessbehave
Posts: 1518
Joined: Thu 06 Nov 2003, 2:27 pm

#40 Post by shamelessbehave »

I´d choose original line-up too,it´s how I met them and the change of just one didn´t suit the other 2 girls,it wasn´t the same anymore. In short, I agree with Steve one more time!
http://www.myspace.com/shamelesssilvia

"It´s fundamental that we do only exist in our own universe. When you like Pet Shop Boys, you are in our world. This is absolutely crucial to our entire outlook...what we do has an incredibly strong identity and applies only to us. It´s a case of not recognising the existence of anybody else!". Neil Tennant.

User avatar
Steve Fett
Posts: 1867
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 2:13 pm

#41 Post by Steve Fett »

Shopper wrote:Santa maria was awesome ! Sam's version was more perky I think ?

I have it on cassette, need to download the mp3 :P
I also love how Sammy's voice is almost identical to Geri Halliwell's. Put them in the same room, make them sing and you'd be none the wiser !! There's something about their honest, flat voices thats just soooo UK pop !
what a performance tonight, should I react or turn off the light ?

User avatar
Oznerol
Posts: 2413
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 5:31 am

#42 Post by Oznerol »

WOW!...It really feels like home here...:D

A very close friend of mine is a huge Sam Fox fan...well, he´s the designer of her Fan Club Magazine's cover... he has an autographed picture on the wall of Sam wearing his favourite football team T-shirt (of course he sent the T-shirt to Sam before..and the Sam´s manager takes the photo and sent it back to him :) )

My Sam top 5:

.Nothing´s Gonna Stop Me Now
.Touch Me
.I Surrender
.I´m All You Need
.Love House

and yes, I agree that "21st Century Fox" is a great album indeed...
This is not my signature.

User avatar
BlueSwan
Posts: 2636
Joined: Wed 29 Oct 2003, 6:42 pm

#43 Post by BlueSwan »

Original line up for sure!
http://www.soundcloud.com/blueswan (Blue Swan tracks, my solo tracks and remixes)

http://soundcloud.com/groups/inspired-by-pet-shop-boys (A collection of various artists PSB covers, PSB remixes and original songs inspired by PSB - anyone interested can contribute tracks)

User avatar
Steve Fett
Posts: 1867
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 2:13 pm

#44 Post by Steve Fett »

Oznerol wrote:WOW!...It really feels like home here...:D

A very close friend of mine is a huge Sam Fox fan...well, he´s the designer of her Fan Club Magazine's cover... he has an autographed picture on the wall of Sam wearing his favourite football team T-shirt (of course he sent the T-shirt to Sam before..and the Sam´s manager takes the photo and sent it back to him :) )

My Sam top 5:

.Nothing´s Gonna Stop Me Now
.Touch Me
.I Surrender
.I´m All You Need
.Love House

and yes, I agree that "21st Century Fox" is a great album indeed...
Even though I'm a big Sam fan, i'm not aware of the track "I'm all you need"....where is it from ? Glad you feel home here in this thread Oznerol - shows you have good taste ! :wink:
what a performance tonight, should I react or turn off the light ?

User avatar
DJAMIX
Posts: 3632
Joined: Sat 08 Nov 2003, 3:35 am

#45 Post by DJAMIX »

Oznerol wrote:WOW!...It really feels like home here...:D

A very close friend of mine is a huge Sam Fox fan...well, he´s the designer of her Fan Club Magazine's cover... he has an autographed picture on the wall of Sam wearing his favourite football team T-shirt (of course he sent the T-shirt to Sam before..and the Sam´s manager takes the photo and sent it back to him :) )

My Sam top 5:

.Nothing´s Gonna Stop Me Now
.Touch Me
.I Surrender
.I´m All You Need
.Love House

and yes, I agree that "21st Century Fox" is a great album indeed...
You for got "Get Ready". I love that song! :D
One can't find the way to peace. Peace is the way itself. (Gandhi)

Post Reply