C5 UK tv tonight....

For 'Off Topic' and non-PSB music threads.
Message
Author
User avatar
Drico One
Posts: 6224
Joined: Tue 16 Sep 2003, 8:56 pm
Has thanked: 45 times
Contact:

#16 Post by Drico One »

Yes, I'm really convinced about this. After all, it was on Channel 5, that bastion of intellectual depth and top quality public-service broadcasting. Let's not mention the topless darts, eh?

I despair sometimes, I really do.

Drico. :roll:
The pale kid that hides in the attic behind his PC...

Technotrancemix

#17 Post by Technotrancemix »

Shoulda seen C4 last night - BB, then some documentary about a family in the adult industry... :roll:

User avatar
Avalon
Posts: 1927
Joined: Fri 07 Nov 2003, 8:39 am
Contact:

#18 Post by Avalon »

define psb wrote:I remember there was a Film (cant recall the title) years ago , fiction that might have been based on fact. Where NASA or its fictional equivalent. put a bunch of astronauts out in a desert in some kind of massive hanger, where they supposedly filmed this space mission to a planet. The reason NASA did this, was because they funding had run out!. It all went well up to a point, but then some one 'blew' the story... blah blah. Good film in many respects.
Yeah, I also remembered that movie when going thru this thread - does anyone know the title?

User avatar
Deschanel
Posts: 2369
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 7:23 pm

#19 Post by Deschanel »

Oh, this is ghastly conjecture here.

Fact: yeah, we -meaning earthlings, not Americans- did get to the moon in the 60's. And several times after.

Before that , we only had an idea of what Earth looked like from space. The incredible photographs they took, the ones we saw growing up and yawned at, were stupendous achievements at the time.

My question to all the people who believe it untrue:

Does the current world situation really lead you to believe, retroactiveally, that the US is just a Satanic mill of lies, and the world really is flat but the people in charge just won't tell us?

We here are working to oust this f*** Bush in November, and his cabal.

But how queerly susceptible you all are to take tabloid non-forensic attention-getting crowd pleasers as: "Moon Landing Faked; Dreadful Yanks Lied". Rotten journalism. It's very 1975.

The Duke of Windsor, who was a popstar in his bachelor days in the 1920's and later renounced being king of England, - at the 1969 moon landing said, in his exile, and near the end of his life,:
"Marvelous people, Americans. Marvelous!"

He meant this in the sense of the mind-blowing ingenuity Americans actually did have in the space race against the USSR. It was a dazzling feat- and that was surely the point. It was purely symbolic.

And for a day, people around the world marvelled too. It wasn't a nationalist expedition, it was an expedition in the name of humanity.

It's a very sorry state of affairs that all the very real sacrifices of astronauts and cosmonauts too, are being declared, well like mythology and witchcraft.

A major step backwards, in my humble opinion.

Most of you all here are young people- at 35, i do remember the tail end of the Space Age- it was a hopeful, optimist, and international time.

Anyway, this is like saying Darwin was wrong, Galileo too.

Sorry, it's just conspiracy theory jacked up by some TV exec on coke at the BBC, for ratings.

define psb

#20 Post by define psb »

deschanel wrote:Sorry, it's just conspiracy theory jacked up by some TV exec on coke at the BBC, for ratings
Forgive this "thick as pig poo" British person for mentioning this, but Independant TV Channel 5 is NOT part of The BBC !!

Having watched this particular C5 Prog, with an OPEN mind -- My conclusion is, that it MIGHT have been possible to "fake" many aspects of the Lunar landings. There were good arguements on BOTH sides --- At the end of all that---- In my own opinion, and from being lucky enough to SEE the original televisuals 'live' from the Moon, I believe that Neil Armstrong truely made one small step for man, and ONE GIANT LEAP for mankind.

It doesn't really matter to me that it happened to be the United States of America who planted that Flag up there! It could have been German, French, Russian, African or any other country of this planet Earth. What matters is that it WAS acheived :!:

Despite a heap of contradictory (so-called) FACT that the technology of Computers, Tin foil outer shell of LEM, Photographic Equip, Film etc could not possibly survive the 'journey'
There are far worse conspiracy and cover up matters of TODAY that ought to concern us.
deschanel wrote:Does the current world situation really lead you to believe, retroactiveally, that the US is just a Satanic mill of lies, and the world really is flat but the people in charge just won't tell us?
NO -- the current world situation leads me to wonder why in hell we humans spend billions of resourses on planning a Mission to Mars (Planet not chocolate bar!) When we CANNOT even sort our OWN planets problems out! Third World countries at war and starving to death. Rich countries with the RICH Elite and the POOR surfs who break their backs to ensure the Rich remain rich.
Maybe I over simplify the concept!
Drico one wrote:Yes, I'm really convinced about this. After all, it was on Channel 5, that bastion of intellectual depth and top quality public-service broadcasting. Let's not mention the topless darts, eh?

I despair sometimes, I really do.

Drico.
Drico you dumbfound me! I have seen you type some garbage, but on the other hand you have written some well informed responses ! OK Channel 5 has a lot of crap progs. But as some one pointed out earlier, this prog had been shown else where before!
Maybe I have the brain of an earth worm, but in many respects there WAS intelligent and intellectual information presented in the documentary.
One wonders if you view things like World News and 'live' documentary items with the same UN convinced eyes?

Ok I'll get of my soap box and return to 'holding court' elsewhere! :roll:

User avatar
CBA
Posts: 1163
Joined: Mon 19 Apr 2004, 8:29 pm

#21 Post by CBA »

Drico One wrote:Yes, I'm really convinced about this. After all, it was on Channel 5, that bastion of intellectual depth and top quality public-service broadcasting. Let's not mention the topless darts, eh?

I despair sometimes, I really do.

Drico. :roll:
Topless Darts was on Live TV, not Channel 5.

User avatar
Drico One
Posts: 6224
Joined: Tue 16 Sep 2003, 8:56 pm
Has thanked: 45 times
Contact:

#22 Post by Drico One »

So, we should cancel space exploration because western countries exploit the rest? I suggest you aim your fire at tax-dodging multinationals, expansive militarists, and exploitative oil barons rather than at an essential avenue of human progress: space exploration.

If we stop funding space exploration, will the Third World be better off? Of course not. The money would be squandered elsewhere. But human kind will be stymied, regressing from universal explorers into couch-bound vegetables watching topless darts or Channel 5.

Oops, looks like we're there already... :roll:

Drico.
The pale kid that hides in the attic behind his PC...

Lethe

#23 Post by Lethe »

Mott the hoople and the game of life. yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Andy kaufman in the wrestling match. yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Monopoly, twenty one, checkers, and chess. yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Mister fred blassie in a breakfast mess. yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Let’s play twister, let’s play risk. yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
See you heaven if you make the list. yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Hey andy, did you hear about this one? tell me, are you locked in the punch?
Hey andy, are you goofing on elvis? hey baby, are we losing touch?
If you believed they put a man on the moon, man on the moon
If you believe there’s nothing up my sleeve, then nothing is cool

Moses went walking with the staff of wood. yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Newton got beaned by the apple good. yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Egypt was troubled by the horrible asp. yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Mister charles darwin had the gall to ask. yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Hey andy, did you hear about this one? tell me, are you locked in the punch?
Hey andy, are you goofing on elvis? hey baby, are you having fun?
If you believed they put a man on the moon, man on the moon
If you believe there’s nothing up my sleeve, then nothing is cool

Here’s a little agit for the never-believer. yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Here’s a little ghost for the offering. yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Here’s a truck stop instead of saint peter’s. yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Mister andy kaufman’s gone wrestling (wrestling bears). yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Hey andy, did you hear about this one? tell me, are you locked in the punch?
Hey andy, are you goofing on elvis? hey baby, are we losing touch?
If you believed they put a man on the moon, man on the moon
If you believe there’s nothing up my sleeve, then nothing is cool

If you believed they put a man on the moon, man on the moon
If you believe there’s nothing up my sleeve, then nothing is cool
If you believed they put a man on the moon, man on the moon
If you believe there’s nothing up my sleeve, then nothing is cool
If you believed they put a man on the moon, man on the moon
If you believe there’s nothing up my sleeve, then nothing is cool

User avatar
Your Funny Uncle
Posts: 2143
Joined: Wed 08 Jan 2003, 1:55 am

#24 Post by Your Funny Uncle »

They didn't put a man on the moon. They put several men on the moon...

User avatar
Drico One
Posts: 6224
Joined: Tue 16 Sep 2003, 8:56 pm
Has thanked: 45 times
Contact:

#25 Post by Drico One »

Reminds me of a classic scene in The Simpsons, when a teary-eyed Grandpa is misting over at the sight of Neil Armstrong landing on the moon, only to find a young Homer prostrate on the couch singing "Yummy, yummy, yummy, I've got love in my tummy" oblivious to the enormity of it all. Homer Simpson - at home on this forum.

Drico.
The pale kid that hides in the attic behind his PC...

Lethe

#26 Post by Lethe »

Avalon wrote:
define psb wrote:I remember there was a Film (cant recall the title) years ago , fiction that might have been based on fact. Where NASA or its fictional equivalent. put a bunch of astronauts out in a desert in some kind of massive hanger, where they supposedly filmed this space mission to a planet. The reason NASA did this, was because they funding had run out!. It all went well up to a point, but then some one 'blew' the story... blah blah. Good film in many respects.
Yeah, I also remembered that movie when going thru this thread - does anyone know the title?
Capricorn One starring infamous wife murderer O.J. Simpson.

User avatar
Zog
Posts: 2271
Joined: Wed 29 Oct 2003, 1:37 pm
Contact:

#27 Post by Zog »

Folks, folks, folks....


... aside from all of the conjecture about whether or not the moon-landings were faked... one thing I can tell you for sure, is that this documentary (originally made in France), is one absolutely utterly brilliant piece of fakery. And I mean deliberate fakery... they are spoofing the anti-NASA people brilliantly. Including the cleverly edited interviews. If you watched the last couple of minutes, they let you in on the joke :)


-Zog

Lethe

#28 Post by Lethe »

I find it terribly depressing that I don't believe the Eagle landed. I'm not a Luddite and I have a vivid imagination, thank you very much.

I wasn't born when the 'moon landing' happened so unless anybody here was on the Moon at the time, we are all subject to the same hearsay.

I probably did believe when I was younger but now the cynic in me holds sway.

I just look at all those faces - from Nixon and Kissinger to Bush and Blair - and I believe nothing.

User avatar
CBA
Posts: 1163
Joined: Mon 19 Apr 2004, 8:29 pm

#29 Post by CBA »

Zog wrote:Folks, folks, folks....


... aside from all of the conjecture about whether or not the moon-landings were faked... one thing I can tell you for sure, is that this documentary (originally made in France), is one absolutely utterly brilliant piece of fakery. And I mean deliberate fakery... they are spoofing the anti-NASA people brilliantly. Including the cleverly edited interviews. If you watched the last couple of minutes, they let you in on the joke :)


-Zog
As I said in my earlier post, the documentary on Channel 5 was a different one, which was trying to prove that America DID go to the moon in 1969.

As far as I can see, no-one in this thread have said the moon landings were faked (except Lethe).

define psb

#30 Post by define psb »

Well as I said earlier, I was LUCKY to see the event as it happened! Albeit it on BBC and ITV in Black and white ! (Seeing as I am 52 yrs old) And I still held the thoughts I have had all along! Mankind has been walking on the moon!

The theory that all that was not possible due to the poor technology simply does not wash!

NO! Drico one, if the Space program does not go on, the money saved on that will NOT end up feeding starving people, won't find cures for illness, won't end civil wars, won't help to fund better health care--- because that is not what WE the people ever seem to wish for, Vote for or ARGUE for!

Question is, if Mankind reaches an inhabited planet else where in out vast Universe, are we going IN all booster jets burning, and wipe them out?

What if the other terrestrial and outer terrestial beings have already seen what a damn mess we 'intelligent' humans are making of our own Planet? Will they welcome us with open digits? Or will they simply Laser beam us all!! :wink:

Whoops, soap boxing again :gag:

Post Reply