Who is the greatest male star of all time?

For 'Off Topic' and non-PSB music threads.

Take your pick from this lot then

Poll ended at Thu 08 Apr 2004, 9:41 pm

David Bowie
9
33%
Frank Sinatra
5
19%
Elvis Presley
6
22%
John Lennon
2
7%
Mick Jagger
0
No votes
Michael Jackson
3
11%
Prince
0
No votes
George Michael
1
4%
Robbie Williams
1
4%
 
Total votes: 27

Message
Author
User avatar
Joemoz
Posts: 1552
Joined: Sat 08 Feb 2003, 12:21 am

#16 Post by Joemoz »

Erm..."none of the above". You forgot to put "Morrissey".
It was a cough that carried him off. It was a coffin they carried him off in.

LittleBummerBoy

#17 Post by LittleBummerBoy »

Joemoz wrote:You forgot to put "Morrissey".
No I didn't :wink:

User avatar
Glenny4
Posts: 9798
Joined: Tue 28 Oct 2003, 6:12 pm
Contact:

#18 Post by Glenny4 »

John Lennon

User avatar
kotty
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat 06 Dec 2003, 11:38 pm
Contact:

#19 Post by kotty »

I voted for David Bowie :wink:
Image

User avatar
Shopper
Posts: 2350
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 12:52 pm
Contact:

#20 Post by Shopper »

David Bowie is leading :shock: Come on, he's hardly as influential as say Elvis or MJ
Left to my own devices, I probably would...

https://www.instagram.com/chit2clix/

LittleBummerBoy

#21 Post by LittleBummerBoy »

Shopper wrote:David Bowie is leading :shock: Come on, he's hardly as influential as say Elvis or MJ

:lol: :lol: :lol:

He's FAR, FAR more influential than MJ and probably EP too.

Have you any idea of the amount of artists that cite Bowie as the reason they got into music in the first place? :roll:

User avatar
psb-freak
Posts: 6104
Joined: Tue 28 Oct 2003, 4:42 pm
Contact:

#22 Post by psb-freak »

What about Cliff Richard ?
Interviewer:
-What would you tell someone about yourself if you wanted to impress them?

Chris:
-I´ve got a 12-inch plonker.

LittleBummerBoy

#23 Post by LittleBummerBoy »

What about Cliff Richard?

User avatar
Shopper
Posts: 2350
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 12:52 pm
Contact:

#24 Post by Shopper »

LittleBummerBoy wrote:
Shopper wrote:David Bowie is leading :shock: Come on, he's hardly as influential as say Elvis or MJ

:lol: :lol: :lol:

He's FAR, FAR more influential than MJ and probably EP too.

Have you any idea of the amount of artists that cite Bowie as the reason they got into music in the first place? :roll:
erm..Not Neil Tennant surely :wink:
Left to my own devices, I probably would...

https://www.instagram.com/chit2clix/

User avatar
Niall
Posts: 1273
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 8:19 pm
Contact:

#25 Post by Niall »

Hello!!!! Freddie Mercury is consistently voted in the Top 5/ Top 10 of similar polls, but you choose to leave him off.

eg http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/soldonsong/ ... sody.shtml
Hundred greatest Britons of all time http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressr ... list.shtml
From Radio 2's press office
:- Queen top the nation's Favourite Number One Song Of All Time poll - again!
Queen's 1975 (and 1991) number one record Bohemian Rhapsody has been overwhelmingly voted the public's favourite number one song of all time as part of a poll to commemorate the 50th Anniversary of the Official Singles Chart on 14 November 2002.

Niall
Evertonians are born not manufactured.
We do not choose; we are chosen.
Those who understand need no explanation.
Those that don't understand don't matter.

User avatar
Avalon
Posts: 1927
Joined: Fri 07 Nov 2003, 8:39 am
Contact:

#26 Post by Avalon »

Christopher Walken

LittleBummerBoy

#27 Post by LittleBummerBoy »

Niall wrote:Hello!!!! Freddie Mercury is consistently voted in the Top 5/ Top 10 of similar polls, but you choose to leave him off.
I decided that Queen is Freddie and Freddie is Queen. How Messrs May and Taylor can kid themselves into thinking otherwise is beyond most peple with an IQ over 10, I'd say.

Vote for Queen in the best 70s bands poll and shut your whiny Belfast arse, you tree-lover.

BTW, in the BBC Greatest Britons of all time poll, Faggy came below Bowie, Lennon, Macca and even Boy George. Oooh, that sounds rude! :oops:

Technotrancemix

#28 Post by Technotrancemix »

That's it LittleBuggerBoy! I'm now Niall's boyfriend. You and I are finished! Freddie is the greatest!

LittleBummerBoy

#29 Post by LittleBummerBoy »

technotrancemix wrote:I'm now Niall's boyfriend.
No you're not. Niall's boyfriend is a tree, while you're just a rancid tub of lard

User avatar
Niall
Posts: 1273
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 8:19 pm
Contact:

#30 Post by Niall »

Ooooooh feck off ya wee eejit of a gobshite.
I've decided yer thread is a veiled compliment to the great one.
BTW I don't go out with trees but I do like a root.
BTW you, me, Techotusk, Nightlife, and now the gorgeous Almelo are all gettin' it on cum May and I s'pose PigletOscarWildeBeast if she dresses like a man.
(HIC)Pished
Evertonians are born not manufactured.
We do not choose; we are chosen.
Those who understand need no explanation.
Those that don't understand don't matter.

Post Reply