Re: StevePSB's post- 20/01/04

For 'Off Topic' and non-PSB music threads.
Post Reply
Message
Author
bigboy

#91 Post by bigboy »

Undertaker wrote: Begging people in PM's to write 'it's good to have you back' Please :roll:
I don't recall any begging and I didn't tell you what to say! There's quite a mixture of topics among the ten - yes, count 'em, fatlegs - pages. You were free to post about anything you like. As longas it was somehow related to me, of course :wink:

madhatter88
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed 29 Oct 2003, 6:15 pm

#92 Post by madhatter88 »

bigboy wrote:
Undertaker wrote: Now my maths is pretty good, lets hope yours is and maybe you can figure out what the majority think.

Dave
Like I give a f**k? :lol:
You must do, you replied to the post.

bigboy

#93 Post by bigboy »

Cos I'm gonna come out fighting. Do you really think I care what the majority thinks? If they're all stuck up boring farts that's their problem, not mine.

And Mad, I won't be taking any lessons from an obvious hypocrite like you, OK? :lol:

madhatter88
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed 29 Oct 2003, 6:15 pm

#94 Post by madhatter88 »

bigboy wrote:
Undertaker wrote: Begging people in PM's to write 'it's good to have you back' Please :roll:
I don't recall any begging and I didn't tell you what to say! There's quite a mixture of topics among the ten - yes, count 'em, fatlegs - pages. You were free to post about anything you like. As longas it was somehow related to me, of course :wink:
So what you're saying is that Dave's lying- somehow i don't think so- i'm sure he could show us all the message just to be sure though.

bigboy

#95 Post by bigboy »

james23_uk wrote:I dislike Black music too.
Now why am I not surprised by that? :lol: Ignorant little twit.

madhatter88
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed 29 Oct 2003, 6:15 pm

#96 Post by madhatter88 »

bigboy wrote:Cos I'm gonna come out fighting. Do you really think I care what the majority thinks? If they're all stuck up boring farts that's their problem, not mine.

And Mad, I won't be taking any lessons from an obvious hypocrite like you, OK? :lol:
Of course it is, whatever you say, after all you are the number ONE poster on this forum.

Lethe

#97 Post by Lethe »

madhatter88 wrote:
Lethe wrote:
james23_uk wrote:I dislike Black music too.

quote]

There is no such thing as 'black' music - I agree that the MOBO awards are a load of patronising crap but so is any award ceremony.
It's not patronising, it's racist pure and simple. Why is it that some people think racism is only a one way thing?
No - I can't stand PC bullshit like that espoused by the likes of Trevor Phillips.

C'mon this is a Pet Shop Boys forum who are SO heavily influenced by black artists - Motown, disco, house - and who regularly use black vocalists on their records.

It's like the old chestnut of 'PSB are a gay group' because they are gay.

Craig David has a white mother and a black father.
Craig David is crap.
Which race is to blame for that?

madhatter88
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed 29 Oct 2003, 6:15 pm

#98 Post by madhatter88 »

Lethe wrote:
madhatter88 wrote:
Lethe wrote: It's not patronising, it's racist pure and simple. Why is it that some people think racism is only a one way thing?
No - I can't stand PC bullshit like that espoused by the likes of Trevor Phillips.

C'mon this is a Pet Shop Boys forum who are SO heavily influenced by black artists - Motown, disco, house - and who regularly use black vocalists on their records.

It's like the old chestnut of 'PSB are a gay group' because they are gay.

Craig David has a white mother and a black father.
Craig David is crap.
Which race is to blame for that?
So you seriously don't consider the MOBO awards in the slightest bit racist then. Exactly when is the "White Music Awards" held again? I must have missed it.

Lethe

#99 Post by Lethe »

madhatter88 wrote:
Lethe wrote:
madhatter88 wrote: No - I can't stand PC bullshit like that espoused by the likes of Trevor Phillips.

C'mon this is a Pet Shop Boys forum who are SO heavily influenced by black artists - Motown, disco, house - and who regularly use black vocalists on their records.

It's like the old chestnut of 'PSB are a gay group' because they are gay.

Craig David has a white mother and a black father.
Craig David is crap.
Which race is to blame for that?
So you seriously don't consider the MOBO awards in the slightest bit racist then. Exactly when is the "White Music Awards" held again? I must have missed it.
I suppose I just consider it pointless like any award ceremony.

I agree that there would be an outcry if there was a MOWO ceremony but hey, the PC police have got to go after somebody now that they've crucified Kilroy.

My point is that music more than any art form is not about colour - listen to 'It's Alright'.

(and though I love the PSB 'pop' version, I prefer Sterling Void's original which is one of the greatest records ever)

madhatter88
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed 29 Oct 2003, 6:15 pm

#100 Post by madhatter88 »

Lethe wrote:
madhatter88 wrote:
Lethe wrote: So you seriously don't consider the MOBO awards in the slightest bit racist then. Exactly when is the "White Music Awards" held again? I must have missed it.
I suppose I just consider it pointless like any award ceremony.

I agree that there would be an outcry if there was a MOWO ceremony but hey, the PC police have got to go after somebody now that they've crucified Kilroy.

My point is that music more than any art form is not about colour - listen to 'It's Alright'.

(and though I love the PSB 'pop' version, I prefer Sterling Void's original which is one of the greatest records ever)

I've never heard the original SV version, i take it that it's somewhat different to the PSB one?

Lethe

#101 Post by Lethe »

madhatter88 wrote:
Lethe wrote:
madhatter88 wrote: I suppose I just consider it pointless like any award ceremony.

I agree that there would be an outcry if there was a MOWO ceremony but hey, the PC police have got to go after somebody now that they've crucified Kilroy.

My point is that music more than any art form is not about colour - listen to 'It's Alright'.

(and though I love the PSB 'pop' version, I prefer Sterling Void's original which is one of the greatest records ever)

I've never heard the original SV version, i take it that it's somewhat different to the PSB one?
It's a house record.

To be honest, I think that they recorded their version more as a tribute because the Introspective version was a somewhat anaemic copy.

The Trevor Horn single was great because it was different and as they've said before, added an element of Tennant doubt to a really ecstatic sentiment.

The Sterling Void version is a real 'touch the sky' record.
Last edited by Lethe on Wed 21 Jan 2004, 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Undertaker
Posts: 8984
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 8:16 pm

#102 Post by Undertaker »

madhatter88 wrote:
bigboy wrote:
Undertaker wrote: Begging people in PM's to write 'it's good to have you back' Please :roll:
I don't recall any begging and I didn't tell you what to say! There's quite a mixture of topics among the ten - yes, count 'em, fatlegs - pages. You were free to post about anything you like. As longas it was somehow related to me, of course :wink:
So what you're saying is that Dave's lying- somehow i don't think so- i'm sure he could show us all the message just to be sure though.
What i was sent ;-

''mr dave-boy, r u ignoring my blatantly self-referential Bigboy's back thread then? if i don't get it to 6 pages i think i might cry''


Oh and i'm fat legs now am i 'bigboy' Thats ok, but that cant be a bad thing considering you used my photo as your avatar under littlebummerboy, until you embarressingly realised what you had done.

Dave

User avatar
Tom
Posts: 515
Joined: Mon 05 Jan 2004, 6:50 pm
Contact:

#103 Post by Tom »

Undertaker wrote:
bigboy wrote:
Undertaker wrote: Begging people in PM's to write 'it's good to have you back' Please :roll:
I don't recall any begging and I didn't tell you what to say!

What i was sent ;-

''mr dave-boy, r u ignoring my blatantly self-referential Bigboy's back thread then? if i don't get it to 6 pages i think i might cry''
Dave
Maybe it's just me but I can see neither any begging nor 'write "it's good to have you back"' in that pm. :eh:
It's a shameless self plugging pm but not a begging one. Maybe that's just your imagination running wild again?
Have you ever licked a lamp post in winter?

Eldritch
Posts: 4050
Joined: Wed 10 Dec 2003, 8:24 am

#104 Post by Eldritch »

bigboy wrote:Do you really think I care what the majority thinks? If they're all stuck up boring farts that's their problem, not mine.
Have you ever considered a career as a music journalist?
Click click drone

User avatar
psb-freak
Posts: 6104
Joined: Tue 28 Oct 2003, 4:42 pm
Contact:

#105 Post by psb-freak »

what was the topic ?
Interviewer:
-What would you tell someone about yourself if you wanted to impress them?

Chris:
-I´ve got a 12-inch plonker.

Post Reply