Reissues project

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
mylene

Reissues project

#1 Post by mylene »

From OS:

Mastering
Surrounded by old tapes, DATs, CDs etc for a forthcoming reissues project. It's always interesting to see what forgotten gems turn up! Back to songwriting next week. Neil x

So, what do u think is waiting us? A Singles boxset? Further Listenings for Nightlife-Elysium albums?
Last edited by mylene on Fri 06 Feb 2015, 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
there's been some speculation

dynamobjornen

Re: Reissues project

#2 Post by dynamobjornen »

I'm hoping for a continuation of the further listening series. But most of all I'm happy that they are writng new songs.
"Sometimes someone gets upset doesn't hear the laughter takes it as a threat".

PETHEAD72

#3 Post by PETHEAD72 »

Is there really any need?,i'm sure the majority of fans have got all the albums and singles
You got a heart of glass or a heart of stone?

Oi!...got far to go have you?!... :lol:

Bjossi

#4 Post by Bjossi »

I don't own any singles released before Together.

Besides, it is much more convenient and space-efficient to have everything in one package and one format (CD for example), not to mention remastering (when done right) improves the listening experience.

I just realized, next year will be 15 years since the Further Listening series were released. I wonder if they actually want to remaster the pre-Nightlife albums 'again' as well as Nightlife and beyond.

Disco.

#5 Post by Disco. »

A singles boxset awaits us. Have been waiting for this, for a long time.

drunk14

#6 Post by drunk14 »

New Further Listening series is pointless. B-sides from "Format" (which was released not so long ago) + some random remixes from single releases (we all have them on CD's or in digital form). I would love to see some celebration of 25 years of Behaviour, but nowadays all anniversary releases need to be something more than just ordinary mastering - box with demos, unreleased tracks, some DVD content etc...
I've been around the world for a number of reasons. I've seen it all the change of seasons, and I, my lord, may I say nothing?

leesmapman

#7 Post by leesmapman »

drunk14 wrote:New Further Listening series is pointless. B-sides from "Format" (which was released not so long ago) + some random remixes from single releases (we all have them on CD's or in digital form).
Alternative was out when the FL CDs were released.
Anyway, it would be great to hear Closer to Heaven tracks, Run Girl Run, Little Black Dress, and all those kinds of tracks on the Nightlife set, Yes instrumentals, tracks like Particle, Transfer, etc.

TheGhostOfMyself

#8 Post by TheGhostOfMyself »

Please can someone help me understand how Neil's comment about mastering for a reissues project can be interpreted as the release of a singles boxset or something else they've never issued in the first place!?

leesmapman

#9 Post by leesmapman »

I think the "forgotten gems" remark makes that speculation happen.

Tom Angel

#10 Post by Tom Angel »

this sounds very promising.

Further listening IS still valid, if they add unused tracks from the album sessions.

But this suggests a number of things - they have so many songs unreleased/unrecorded that perhaps they are looking at recording some old songs for the sequel to Electric? that's a good idea! Only love, ...?
in suits or sequins/or twin sets and pearls

Flaffer

#11 Post by Flaffer »

TheGhostOfMyself wrote:Please can someone help me understand how Neil's comment about mastering for a reissues project can be interpreted as the release of a singles boxset or something else they've never issued in the first place!?
If they are releasing a singles boxset, then it could be argued all the singles are being re-issued, whether they include previously unreleased remixes, demos etc doesn't negate them being reissues.
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

Flaffer

#12 Post by Flaffer »

I think the most likely releases are
1. Please deluxe box set, to tie in with 30 years since West End girls was successful
2. Singles box set
3. Further Listenings
4. Deluxe 180GSM vinyl reissues, which seems be in vogue nowadays
5. Remix album/s.

What makes me think it could be more than just the earliest days is the reference to DAYs
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

Flaffer

#13 Post by Flaffer »

DATS even

boyjohn

#14 Post by boyjohn »

I hope if they do remaster some things again, that they don't master them so LOUD. I'm sure there is a lot of dynamic range in the original recordings, they don't need to make everything the same extreme high volume.
Last edited by boyjohn on Fri 06 Feb 2015, 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Unless you consciously include, you will unconsciously exclude”
-Stephen Frost

leesmapman

#15 Post by leesmapman »

boyjohn wrote:I hope if they do remaster some things again, that they don't master them so LOUD.
Heh, that's not going to happen.