Cardi B tells guest he looks a Pet Shop Boy

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Gabby

Re: Cardi B tells guest he looks a Pet Shop Boy

#46 Post by Gabby »

Waffleon wrote: Wed 24 Mar 2021, 12:39 pm This news even drew a laconic eyebrow raise from my 13yr old this morning. 35 years later and I'm still desperately seeking recognition for my heroes. It's been a life's work!
:lol: Same here - I showed my daughter (12) the tweet and she was like "Whaaaaaaaat?!!!"

My stepson who is in his 20's was also quite surprised by it. All we need now is an endorsement from Drake and the deal is sealed for him.

rashomon

#47 Post by rashomon »

Waffleon wrote: Wed 24 Mar 2021, 12:39 pm This news even drew a laconic eyebrow raise from my 13yr old this morning. 35 years later and I'm still desperately seeking recognition for my heroes. It's been a life's work!
This is perfectly put and sounds exactly like me albeit with a 15 year old and a 13 year old. We need to keep the PSB fires burning!
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

Nickname

#48 Post by Nickname »

rashomon wrote: Wed 24 Mar 2021, 1:01 pm
This is perfectly put and sounds exactly like me albeit with a 15 year old and a 13 year old. We need to keep the PSB fires burning!
Like any other PSB fan should do. :clap:

Sebastian_Surfleet

#49 Post by Sebastian_Surfleet »

Well, one must admit this is a better Twitter happenstance than that whole kertuffel that erupted when William Shatner confused Red Letter Media (a popular movie review franchise on YouTube) with Red Letter Day and wondering why he should do a crossover with Pet Shop Boys (as well covered here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35822).

Though that he knew the song to make the joke is actually heartening. That single is not well known in North America at all. Which leads me to believe that Captain Kirk may indeed be a fan of the lads.

Sordid details: https://medium.com/@WilliamShatner/the- ... b38e697726

PSBForTheMasses

#50 Post by PSBForTheMasses »

This is the same kind of feeling that I have when people raise their eyebrows when they learn that Stephen King is the powerhouse behind the Shawshank Redemption. There is this kind of pigeonholing everywhere and I stubbornly try to tell and explain certain things. Pet Shop Boys? Oh that gay band from 1980s? I used to love a few songs of them. But they are now retired, aren't they?

In Youtube, under official Go West video, a guy suggested the Boys to make some new music instead of posting the same videos over and over. He basically thinks that they have done nothing new since 1993. I stepped in and tried to tell him abou their backcatalogue since 1993. I am not sure why; I am not sure he will even read it. But it is the same feeling that drives me: To find some recognition for the heroes :)

Nickname

#51 Post by Nickname »

There is an oppotunity here, PSB should approach:
https://www.billboard.com/articles/colu ... ium=social