Hyde Park - Not selling out / Negative comments

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
canveyboy

Hyde Park - Not selling out / Negative comments

#1 Post by canveyboy » Tue 10 Sep 2019, 2:50 pm

In the last few days there have been quite a few posts on social media from Radio 2, Zoe Ball breakfast show etc all plugging the Hyde Park gig. There now seems to be an overwhelming amount of negative comments on the Radio 2 Facebook posts - particularly the most recent ones announcing the ‘very special announcement tomorrow’. The comments are 80% negative with comments saying ‘hope the announcement is they are retiring, ‘are they still around? No thanks’, ‘they haven’t done a decent record in 30 years’, ‘having trouble selling tickets are we?’ ‘Previous acts sold out Hyde Park in a few weeks, 4 days before the event you are still trying to flog tickets’!

I came away from that post feeling pretty fed up. The general consensus is that not many tickets have sold, it’s going to embarrassing to watch etc. Hope it’s not true. Some people speculating that they are announcing the special guest tomorrow in a bid to try and shift a few more tickets!

Well fingers crossed they have a decent enough sized crowd. Maybe these R2 gigs should be free! Hopefully they’ll be doing something a little more exciting than an adapted Super tour show!!
Its taken me all of my life to find you

Dog

Re: Hyde Park - Not selling out / Negative comments

#2 Post by Dog » Tue 10 Sep 2019, 3:07 pm

If negative comments make you fed up maybe you should avoid reading back your own posts.
Woof.

romy

#3 Post by romy » Tue 10 Sep 2019, 3:09 pm

Canveyboy,you always write negative things.Should this event not been sold out,it is not a Pet Shop Boys problem.

Noone is interested in these negative commentars from childs in the UK,who don't know ,who Pet Shop Boys are.

romy

#4 Post by romy » Tue 10 Sep 2019, 5:07 pm

read these comments now.only assholes write comments like this.stupid,workless people,no serious people.

canveyboy

#5 Post by canveyboy » Tue 10 Sep 2019, 6:13 pm

Dog wrote:
Tue 10 Sep 2019, 3:07 pm
If negative comments make you fed up maybe you should avoid reading back your own posts.
Wow! You’re pretty rude!!

I’m reporting other people’s negativity so it’s not me being negative is it. Read what I wrote properly!!

And if you interpret any of my personal posts and comments as negative then that’s up to you. If my opinion is not the same as yours that doesn’t make me negative just because you don’t agree with what I’ve written. A lot of people have shared the same opinion on being bored with seeing the Super show again. That’s not being negative, that’s people including myself having an opinion - so get over yourself for a moment, calm down and remember that not everyone has to be happy about every single thing PSB do!

And for the record, I absolutely love 99% of what PSB have ever released or done - doesn’t really make me negative does it. And who are you to judge someone anyway!

stussyboy

#6 Post by stussyboy » Tue 10 Sep 2019, 6:30 pm

Tbh I’m not surprised it’s struggling to sell out - the line up is awful, barring PSB of course

At the moment I’m not going and I consider myself a hardcore PSB fan and live in London. Will be the 1st London show I’ve missed but I don’t like outdoor shows and was sceptical that it will be another Suoer rerun
NewYork London Tokyo LosAngeles

canveyboy

#7 Post by canveyboy » Tue 10 Sep 2019, 6:37 pm

stussyboy wrote:
Tue 10 Sep 2019, 6:30 pm
Tbh I’m not surprised it’s struggling to sell out - the line up is awful, barring PSB of course

At the moment I’m not going and I consider myself a hardcore PSB fan and live in London. Will be the 1st London show I’ve missed but I don’t like outdoor shows and was sceptical that it will be another Suoer rerun
Yeah the rest of the line up isn’t great, although I’m interested in seeing Simply Red as long as they do the hits ;) - I’m not going either and like you I’m a huge fan but I’ve already seen the Super show (as great as it was). I’m still looking forward to seeing the BBC4 broadcast though :)

romy

#8 Post by romy » Tue 10 Sep 2019, 6:40 pm

Has anyone confirmed,that they perform the Super Show again?A lot of people here says a lot of things,what,maybe,never happened.

Dog

#9 Post by Dog » Tue 10 Sep 2019, 6:52 pm

canveyboy wrote:
Tue 10 Sep 2019, 6:13 pm
Dog wrote:

I’m reporting other people’s negativity so it’s not me being negative is it. Read what I wrote properly!!

And if you interpret any of my personal posts and comments as negative then that’s up to you. If my opinion is not the same as yours that doesn’t make me negative just because you don’t agree with what I’ve written. A lot of people have shared the same opinion on being bored with seeing the Super show again. That’s not being negative, that’s people including myself having an opinion - so get over yourself for a moment, calm down and remember that not everyone has to be happy about every single thing PSB do!

And for the record, I absolutely love 99% of what PSB have ever released or done - doesn’t really make me negative does it. And who are you to judge someone anyway!
Sorry if you consider that rude. I didn't mean to offend. I do find the negativity on this board quite grating at times, particularly when there's a new announcement. I think it was your post below which stuck in my mind but I can see that you post plenty of positive stuff too.

"Huge build up......then.......

And the news is.......

That kid from Years & Years will be singing with us........

Cue: massive disappointment. Booooooring!!!!!

At the most? First play of new single.....featuring that kid from Years & Years.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"
Woof.

canveyboy

#10 Post by canveyboy » Tue 10 Sep 2019, 7:03 pm

Dog wrote:
Tue 10 Sep 2019, 6:52 pm
canveyboy wrote:
Tue 10 Sep 2019, 6:13 pm
Dog wrote:

Sorry if you consider that rude. I didn't mean to offend. I do find the negativity on this board quite grating at times, particularly when there's a new announcement. I think it was your post below which stuck in my mind but I can see that you post plenty of positive stuff too.

"Huge build up......then.......

And the news is.......

That kid from Years & Years will be singing with us........

Cue: massive disappointment. Booooooring!!!!!

At the most? First play of new single.....featuring that kid from Years & Years.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"
No worries. All good ;)

tottenhammattspurs

#11 Post by tottenhammattspurs » Tue 10 Sep 2019, 7:05 pm

Shit venue. Shit sound restrictions. Expensive food and drinks. Shit sight lines. Shit support acts. I’m a huge fan, I have the day off and I live an hour away.

I’m not going either.
is is and isnt isnt

ArtHist

#12 Post by ArtHist » Tue 10 Sep 2019, 7:48 pm

I wouldn't hold the Boys responsible for poor sales for this event. They got a very positive reception after their very brief appearance at Glasto this year.

joe stalin

#13 Post by joe stalin » Tue 10 Sep 2019, 7:54 pm

Not going either. Feels like will be just like take that warm up gig.

Prefer the full version ... if it was the full super gig then perhaps

But it’s not... 60 mins max

Nah

romy

#14 Post by romy » Wed 11 Sep 2019, 9:13 am

"only a hand-full tickets left"

tottenhammattspurs

#15 Post by tottenhammattspurs » Wed 11 Sep 2019, 9:22 am

romy wrote:
Wed 11 Sep 2019, 9:13 am
"only a hand-full tickets left"
Whose hand? Jeremy Beadle’s or Andre the Giant’s?
is is and isnt isnt