Dreamland / No Boundaries / An Open Mind single - October

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
retrofuturist

Re: Dreamland / No Boundaries / An Open Mind single - October

#241 Post by retrofuturist » Sat 02 Nov 2019, 2:50 am

Greetings,

I prefer the PSB Remix of Dreamland... this is more like it. I still don't think it's especially great, but it's a marked improvement and much less sonically strangled than the main version.

Fingers crossed this is the version that appears on the album. Clocking in at 4:41 that's not implausible.

Retro. :)

Sage

#243 Post by Sage » Sat 02 Nov 2019, 7:35 am

retrofuturist wrote:
Sat 02 Nov 2019, 2:50 am
Greetings,

I prefer the PSB Remix of Dreamland... this is more like it. I still don't think it's especially great, but it's a marked improvement and much less sonically strangled than the main version.

Fingers crossed this is the version that appears on the album. Clocking in at 4:41 that's not implausible.

Nah, the iTunes listing has the original single release as the album version.
https://music.apple.com/au/album/24-1-20/1477223494
Won't happen.
retrofuturist wrote:
Sat 02 Nov 2019, 5:19 am
The remixes are pretty dirrty, IMO.
Too bad the remixes on Dirrrty are just the same ones. I was hoping for some rare exclusives, which may still happen but I doubt it.
Maybe next single we'll see promo mixes.

retrofuturist

#244 Post by retrofuturist » Sat 02 Nov 2019, 9:43 am

Greetings Sage,
Sage wrote:
Sat 02 Nov 2019, 7:35 am
Nah, the iTunes listing has the original single release as the album version.
https://music.apple.com/au/album/24-1-20/1477223494
Won't happen.
I agree it's unlikely... but then, what's on the 12" doesn't line up with what's on the track list either, so it's not impossible that someone might change their mind...

PoloPony

#245 Post by PoloPony » Sat 02 Nov 2019, 11:50 pm

Well I waited to listen to even a second of this until I got the cd and played it proper (got the CD, 12" and downloaded the two extra remixes). I'm not blown away at all after the first listen, but what has surprised me was how incredibly weak the non-Neil vocals are.
I never heard of Years & Years before, I have no idea if it's a solo artist, a duo, a band, I certainly will not seek them out because they sound awful, like an act that would get booted out of any singing competition after the first audition. That side, their vocals are mixed quite low in the track (at least the non-remixes). Luckily, I think they have a solo spot in the first verse and after that I can only hear Neil or can fool myself into thinking it's only Neil afterwards. Definitely enjoyed more the B-Sides.

domino

Re: Dreamland / No Boundaries CD single - October

#246 Post by domino » Mon 11 Nov 2019, 10:56 pm

Wish wrote:
Sun 27 Oct 2019, 7:28 pm
moxlox wrote:
Sat 26 Oct 2019, 12:00 pm
As reported my Dreamland 12" vinyl has different tracks and order to the sleeve and to that which was advertised on the official site.

The actual featured track listing is as follows:
Side A
Dreamland (PSB Remix)
Dreamland (TWD Vocal Remix)

Side B
Dreamland (TWD Dub)
Dreamland (Jacques Renault remix)
Looks like it's the same situation with all 12inches. Here it is on Juno
https://www.juno.co.uk/products/pet-sho ... 750941-01/

Check out actual audio snippets and track times
I received my Vinyl last thursday and tryed to contact Digital Stores. They said it's the correct pressing and they can't see the problem. What!?

retrofuturist

#247 Post by retrofuturist » Mon 11 Nov 2019, 11:08 pm

Greetings domino,

I'm not sure what you expect Digital Stores to do about this... they don't print and press Pet Shop Boys vinyl. If this is what it is, this is what it is... if you take issue with that, you're going to have to go further up the chain than the distributor.

Andie

#248 Post by Andie » Tue 12 Nov 2019, 8:31 am

My Dreamland CD arrived safely here in Australia today :D The snail mail is getting better, as it only took just over 2 weeks, compared with 3 to 4 weeks in the past!! :lol:
In a robot world, machinery is sighing, I thought I heard one crying

Scottydog

#249 Post by Scottydog » Tue 12 Nov 2019, 8:49 am

PoloPony wrote:
Sat 02 Nov 2019, 11:50 pm
I never heard of Years & Years before, I have no idea if it's a solo artist, a duo, a band, I certainly will not seek them out because they sound awful, like an act that would get booted out of any singing competition after the first audition.
Years and Years are a band. I must admit I was surprised at the weakness of Olly’s vocal too. Their first album Communion is actually very good.

Gabby

#250 Post by Gabby » Tue 12 Nov 2019, 11:41 pm

Andie wrote:
Tue 12 Nov 2019, 8:31 am
My Dreamland CD arrived safely here in Australia today :D The snail mail is getting better, as it only took just over 2 weeks, compared with 3 to 4 weeks in the past!! :lol:
I'll add my agreement to the shipping and fulfillment service. Ordered from the OS and it arrived in Canada much faster than anything I've ordered from there before.

Amazon UK on the other hand has become depressingly slow in the last year or so.

miserabalism

#251 Post by miserabalism » Sun 17 Nov 2019, 11:14 am

Forgot my login for this board, and so couldn't post for a while. But just want to belatedly state that An Open Mind is truly brilliant. I'm surprised it's not on the new album, but I'll reserve judgement until I hear the album. Perhaps there's a similar-sounding song already on the tracklist? It's definitely the highlight of the Dreamland single release.

jdanicolaisen

Re: Dreamland / No Boundaries CD single - October

#252 Post by jdanicolaisen » Mon 18 Nov 2019, 11:29 am

dukeduvet wrote:
Fri 25 Oct 2019, 1:20 pm
The vinyl track listing is wrong?! the original Dreamland isn’t on there, just remixes.
Exactly my thought ... is the A1 track 'Dreamland' on the 12" vinyl single the album version or a non-credited remix ... or is the 'Dreamland' on the CD-single and the streaming platforms a radio edit??
I only wanted something else to do but hang around

psbnyc

#253 Post by psbnyc » Sat 30 Nov 2019, 1:00 pm

In today’s edition of French newspaper Libération, the Jacques Renault remix of Dreamland has reached the paper’s playlist: https://next.liberation.fr/musique/2019 ... be_1766273