Final results of my latest PSB "Rating Project" poll

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
geowayne

Final results of my latest PSB "Rating Project" poll

#1 Post by geowayne » Sun 06 Oct 2019, 5:35 am

The final results are in for my poll of the past two weeks, in which I asked my site visitors to rate the five most recent Pet Shop Boys/Tennant-Lowe songs on a scale of 0 to 10, with 0 indicating "one of their all-time worst," 5 meaning "average for the Pet Shop Boys," and 10 indicating "one of their all-time best." And the song in this group that received the highest average rating was:

* "Dreamland," with an average voter rating of 6.369.

To see the complete results, please visit my "Commentary" site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey Results" options from the top navigation bar or click the appropriate link on my "What's New?" page. There you can also find a link to my "Rating Project" page, where you can see how these five newest ratings fall within the ratings for all of the other PSB songs.

With this, my 900th poll, I need to call a temporary halt in my regular PSB surveys as well as an also-temporary reduction in my site updates. This will include, starting roughly a month from now, a temporary *complete* halt in updates that will last a few weeks before I can once again resume my regular operations. This is because we are about to move to a new home -- a new town, in fact, several hundred miles away -- which will involve a lot of work and disruption, including, for part of that time, a lack of computer/internet access. You can read more about it on my home page. But I hope you'll be patient and bear with me during this period.

I'll keep you posted on how things progress -- especially once I'm fully "back in business." In the meantime, I wish you all the best. Take care!

Nicholas

Re: Final results of my latest PSB "Rating Project" poll

#2 Post by Nicholas » Sun 06 Oct 2019, 7:57 am

geowayne wrote:
Sun 06 Oct 2019, 5:35 am
The final results are in for my poll of the past two weeks, in which I asked my site visitors to rate the five most recent Pet Shop Boys/Tennant-Lowe songs on a scale of 0 to 10, with 0 indicating "one of their all-time worst," 5 meaning "average for the Pet Shop Boys," and 10 indicating "one of their all-time best." And the song in this group that received the highest average rating was:

To see the complete results, please visit my "Commentary" site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey Results" options from the top navigation bar or click the appropriate link on my "What's New?" page. There you can also find a link to my "Rating Project" page, where you can see how these five newest ratings fall within the ratings for all of the other PSB songs.

With this, my 900th poll, I need to call a temporary halt in my regular PSB surveys as well as an also-temporary reduction in my site updates. This will include, starting roughly a month from now, a temporary *complete* halt in updates that will last a few weeks before I can once again resume my regular operations. This is because we are about to move to a new home -- a new town, in fact, several hundred miles away -- which will involve a lot of work and disruption, including, for part of that time, a lack of computer/internet access. You can read more about it on my home page. But I hope you'll be patient and bear with me during this period.

I'll keep you posted on how things progress -- especially once I'm fully "back in business." In the meantime, I wish you all the best. Take care!
NINE HUNDRED?!

Andie

#3 Post by Andie » Sun 06 Oct 2019, 10:00 am

Wow!! 900 polls, amazing! Great job Wayne. :clap:
Wishing you all the best for your move to your new house :D
In a robot world, machinery is sighing, I thought I heard one crying

geowayne

#4 Post by geowayne » Sun 06 Oct 2019, 7:42 pm

Nicholas wrote:
Sun 06 Oct 2019, 7:57 am
NINE HUNDRED?!
Yep! -- Nine hundred. I've been doing these polls for more than 18 years. ;-)

geowayne

#5 Post by geowayne » Sun 06 Oct 2019, 7:42 pm

Andie wrote:
Sun 06 Oct 2019, 10:00 am
Wow!! 900 polls, amazing! Great job Wayne. :clap:
Wishing you all the best for your move to your new house :D
Thanks!

ArtHist

#6 Post by ArtHist » Sun 06 Oct 2019, 8:40 pm

geowayne wrote:
Sun 06 Oct 2019, 5:35 am

Thank you for all the effort you put into these polls Wayne, they have been a fab way for the PSB fan community to find an outlet for our feelings! Best of luck with the move and I look forward to your return here! :clap:

rashomon

#7 Post by rashomon » Sun 06 Oct 2019, 8:47 pm

Hi Wayne

Good luck with the house move... do try and find a local Internet cafe and host up a few more polls when time allows ... we're heading into a busy PSB period!

Thanks for all the work you've done on the site and keep on going!
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional