Pet Shop Boys gives to the BBC's Red Button its biggest record

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
nickname

Pet Shop Boys gives to the BBC's Red Button its biggest record

#1 Post by nickname » Mon 04 Nov 2019, 5:03 pm

- BBC Red Button (PSB concert): 380,000 people (it doesn't count BBC 4 and Radio 2 audiences)
- People watching the concert inside Hide Park for the PSB concert: 47.000

- BBC Red Button (whole festival): 1.6 million viewers

----
Speaking about the result, Jeff Smith, head of music for BBC Radio 2 & 6 Music says: “It was difficult to follow Kylie Minogue’s long-awaited on-stage reunion with Jason Donovan at Radio 2 Live in Hyde Park in 2018, but this year’s Festival in a Day was as memorable as ever. We were proud to welcome another world-class line-up of artists, which brilliantly represented the breadth of music that we play on the station. There was something for everyone, and I’m delighted that this year’s performances, culminating with a stunning set from the Pet Shop Boys, reached a record 1.6 million people on BBC Red Button. I’m already planning next year’s line-up!”
----

https://www.musicweek.com/media/read/pe ... ord/077946

Marie loves PSB

Re: Pet Shop Boys gives to the BBC's Red Button its biggest record

#2 Post by Marie loves PSB » Mon 04 Nov 2019, 5:26 pm

How cool is that! :up: 8) *really pleased*.

They are going to be stopping parts to the "Red Button" soon though - like what used to be the Teletext (I will certainly miss that). But, programmes on it will stay. Out of interest does anyone know on here how to find out what is on the Red Button? Times and programmes etc...

Patrick Bateman

#3 Post by Patrick Bateman » Tue 05 Nov 2019, 12:04 am

Marie loves PSB wrote:
Mon 04 Nov 2019, 5:26 pm

They are going to be stopping parts to the "Red Button" soon though - like what used to be the Teletext (I will certainly miss that). But, programmes on it will stay. Out of interest does anyone know on here how to find out what is on the Red Button? Times and programmes etc...
Monday's schedule looks like the Ninth Circle of Hell.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/schedules/p069dk6p

Marie loves PSB

#4 Post by Marie loves PSB » Sun 10 Nov 2019, 11:41 am

Patrick Bateman wrote:
Tue 05 Nov 2019, 12:04 am
Marie loves PSB wrote:
Mon 04 Nov 2019, 5:26 pm

Monday's schedule looks like the Ninth Circle of Hell.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/schedules/p069dk6p
Many thanks for your link Patrick Bateman. :D :up: No excuse to miss everything now!